Shopping in Singapore is a favourite national pastime, so the new Raffles City Singapore revamp has our interest piqued! Here’s what to expect at the new and improved beauty, fashion and food mecca.
Raffles City began its spectacular revamp in late 2021. Now, it boasts over 50 new-to-market international brands in a 111,000-square-foot retail space spanning three levels. STEVE NG, General Manager of Raffles City, says, “Raffles City’s rejuvenation plans are part of our continuous efforts to keep us on the pulse of the rapidly evolving shopping and lifestyle needs of our shoppers.”
6 Raffles City revamp highlights not to miss
#1 Raffles City x Guerlain Christmas tree and Guerlain flagship store
Add a touch of sparkle to your Christmas shopping in Singapore experience with a visit the “Fly To The Stars” 15-metre high tree at Raffles City. A collaboration between French fragrance and beauty house Guerlain and Raffles City, the tree illuminates the External Quartzite space. It’s festively dressed in glittering stars and gold ribbons, with Guerlain’s sentinel, a golden bee, perched on the top.
Guerlain has opened its first flagship store as part of the revamp at Raffles City, including the new Orchidée Impériale Black facialist suite to pamper customers with luxurious facial services. While you’re there, check out this season’s spectacular Bee Bottle of Muguet fragrance. It’s adorned with a jewelled sprig of lily-of-the-valley designed by Parisian jeweller Francesco Truscelli.
Guerlain is located at #01-40 Raffles City
#2 GINLEE Studio
It’s nice to support local talent when you’re shopping in Singapore. GINLEE Studio is a Singaporean slow fashion label founded in 2011 by Gin Lee and Tamir Niv, who combined their fashion and industrial design backgrounds. They believe in making fashion that matters. Their pieces are sustainably made and also functional and stylish enough to cover casual days, work and nights out.
The designers like to describe their signature pleated dresses as “wearable pieces of art that flatter the female form”. Inspired by the natural, lush surrounds of Singapore, each piece is designed and made locally to be a durable and also timeless staple in your wardrobe. Small-batch runs ensure a low carbon footprint, with additional pieces made in response to demand.
GINLEE Studio is located at #02-08 Raffles City
Fitness and wellness enthusiasts will be pleased to hear that iconic Canadian athleisure brand lululemon has opened its doors as part of the Raffles City revamp. This year, the brand has curated five gift guides to help family and friends find joy in the everyday. No matter how or where you’ll be celebrating this year, it has your wardrobe sorted and spiced up for the season. Here are a few ideas for your Christmas shopping in Singapore checklist:
- Running. These seamless, breathable pieces are made using anti-stink technology to keep you cool when running last-minute errands around town. For her, opt for the Swiftly Tech long-sleeved shirt paired with the Fast and Free high-rise tight. He’ll be glad to receive the Metal Vent Tech short-sleeve shirt and Pace Breaker linerless short. Perfect for running off that Christmas pudding.
- Training. Sweat wicking and quick-drying pieces with four-way stretch are built to handle heat and sweat. Pick her up an Invigorate training tank top and Wunder Train high-rise tight. Gift him a Drysense training short-sleeve shirt paired with the Licence to Train linerless short. Straight from the gym and into the kitchen!
- Yoga. Designed to power through the most intense of yoga practices, the ultra-soft pieces deliver comfort and extra flex. The Align reversible bra and high-rise pant will have her feeling chilled, as will the Balancer short-sleeve shirt and pant for him. It’s just what’s needed for loved ones who are staying “Om” for Christmas.
- On the move. If the plan is to feast and relax all Christmas day, the cozy On The Move range is just the ticket. She’ll relax in the Scuba oversized funnel neck half zip top with Softstreme high-rise straight-leg crop pants. And a simple combo of the City Sweat pullover and City Sweat jogger will make for a comfy afternoon for him.
- Cold weather outerwear. Warm up in cooler climes with outerwear designed to make you feel soft and toasty on the inside. The Relaxed Tech fleece high-rise jogger and Down For It All vest will keep her warm. He’ll be comfy in the Wunder puff jacket and Surge warm tight. The Chill Fighter beanie an optional extra.
While you’re there why not snap up some sporty accessories like a drink bottle, yoga mat, headwear or duffle bag?
lululemon is located at #01-11/12 Raffles City
#4 Marks & Spencer
Thirty-six years after first opening its doors at Raffles City, British food and fashion giant Marks & Spencer has undergone a huge revamp. The new 15,000-square-foot concept store still has an extensive selection of clothing and homewares (including womenswear, lingerie, beauty and menswear). Now, the space has even extended to feature a grocer and in-house bakery. Herald in the Christmas cheer this season with their festive range of delectable tipples and treats. We’ll be popping some Percy Pigs in our trolley for the kids, and grabbing a Christmas Cosmo for ourselves! It’s also a great place to source last-minute gifts with Christmas hampers for every budget.
Marks & Spencer is located at #B1-44E Raffles City
Ubiquitous Japanese clothing apparel brand UNIQLO is expanding its presence in Singapore with a brand new store in the Raffles City revamp. It’s known for its affordable, well-made, comfortable apparel inspired by the Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity. UNIQLO has you covered with streamlined, elegant basics for summer, lightweight puffer jackets that are toasty warm for winter (I know because I have one!), and comfy LifeWear “designed to be of the time and for the time” for every season. What’s more, the pieces are complementary to allow you to mix and match to create your own personal style.
Don’t miss the Uniqlo and Mame Kurogouchi collaboration (their fourth) for the 2022 Fall/Winter collection. Timeless designs and innovative materials are used to produce a LifeWear range aimed at providing everyday beauty and comfort for all women. The HEATTECH wool and silk blends are gentle on sensitive skin and provide shape and support for winter dressing.
UNIQLO is located at 02-41/42 Raffles City
Good news! Popular French personal care and beauty retailer Sephora is opening a new concept store focused on providing a seamless customer service experience. Sephora is the place to go for beauty enthusiasts wanting to source specific brands. It stocks a large range of cult international brands like Charlotte Tilbury, Fenty Beauty, Tarte Cosmetics and Tatcha. You’ll also find high-performance GHD hair straighteners and tools. This festive season we can finally re-unite with family and friends, and Sephora has bundled up some great gift sets to suit every wallet – from value to luxury.
What sets the 426-square-metre Raffles City store apart from other Sephora outlets is that it’s the first-ever “Store of the Future” concept in Asia. It focuses on three main touch-points – space, human and digital. Key highlights include:
- Skincredible app – after a 15-minute consultation with a beauty advisor, obtain your skin score and skincare recommendations with this dermatologist-grade skin analysis app.
- Scan to Interact – scan any item for over one million worldwide reviews.
- Mobile Checkout – no lining up, the cashier will come to you.
- The Play Table – an interactive area which allows you to ‘Shop by Look’ and watch online makeup tutorials.
- The Care Table – where you can buy skincare products targeted to specific skin types.
- The Skincare Lounge – a semi-private space where a skincare expert can help you find the right product for you.
- The Beauty School – a dedicated events space where you can attend a group beauty masterclass (booked via the mobile app).
- Personalised beauty services – enjoy a great range of in-store express facials by Perk by Hydrafacial. You can also indulge in hair and makeup consultations with in-house Beauty Associates and Beauty Experts.
Sephora is located at #01-20/21/22 Raffles City
Shopping in Singapore just got a whole lot better. We’re all glammed up and ready to go!
Raffles City Singapore
252 North Bridge Road | capitaland.com
Like the new revamp of Raffles City Singapore? Now you’ve done all of your shopping in Singapore, do you need a quick weekend getaway?
Want to read more articles? You can purchase the latest issue of Expat Living magazine or subscribe so you never miss a copy!
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.