Whether you’re after Christmas presents for the kids or you fancy picking up skateboarding yourself (it’s great exercise!), here’s where to buy skateboards in Singapore. Head to White and Black Trading and browse their range of Penny skateboards from Australia – they come in loads of cool designs and colours, as well as different sizes. The outdoor sports store also carries Micro scooters for kids and adults. Find out more about the Penny skateboard range below!
Open Road Collection
Inspired by US vintage vans from the 70s and 80s, these skateboards ($175) come in vibrant colours and patterns inspired by the creative expression of that era. The 22-inch boards have a non-slip waffle deck for better grip and sturdy 83A polyurethane wheels for a smoother ride. They also come fitted with aluminium powder-coated trucks and Abec 7 stainless steel bearings that are resistant to corrosion.
What to buy
- For a coastal design, go for the Penny Swirl that comes with a green deck and a mix of yellow, green and beige on the bottom.
- If bright colours are your style, you’ll love the Penny Rise; it showcases warm hues of orange, pink and maroon on its base.
- Or, get a hold of the showstopper Penny Flame, which has a dark deck and bright flames “burning” below.
The collection celebrates travel through vintage postcard-inspired designs that’ll take you to popular destinations around the world. Designed by Argentinian artist Alan Berry Rhys, there’s a mix of 22-inch ($175) and 27-inch ($200) skateboards with non-slip waffle decks, stainless steel bearings and 83A polyurethane wheels.
What to buy
- The 27-inch Penny Postcard Urban displays elements of big cities Tokyo and New York.
- With its bright blue deck, the Penny Postcard Coastal Blue has a real surf vibe. It showcases characteristics from the Aussie coastline, surf and animals.
- And of course, there’s the countryside – and that’s where Penny Postcard Highland comes in. The deck comes decorated with fun icons from US National Parks including Smokey Bear and Bigfoot.
The Highline Surfskate
The new 29-inch design has launched in three colours. With the aim of replicating the carefree feeling of surfing, the new range comes with a patented Waterborne adapter for smooth turning and control. These boards also have a concave deck for extra rail control, double spray grip and a 14-inch wheelbase to manoeuvre wide carves and sharp turns. What’s more, they’re also lighter and more weatherproof than other timber surfskates.
What to buy
- The Penny Ocean Mist Surfskate is inspired by the Australian coastline, with a bright teal deck and sand-coloured wheels.
- Showcasing the pink tones of a sunset, the Penny Cactus Wanderlust also has green trucks and burnt orange wheels.
- Coming in classic black, the Penny Blackout is one of the sleekest skateboards designed by Penny.
Where to buy skateboards
Order online on White and Black Trading’s website and get free delivery for orders above $100. Or head to the warehouse to try them out in person!