Salmon has many health benefits and is a great addition to your diet. It is loaded with nutrients, including Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and B vitamins. It is also flavoursome, widely available, and very easy to cook! This salmon recipe takes the delicious flavours of citrus and honey for a dish that will no doubt become a staple in your recipe repertoire. As Rebecca Forwood, Founder of The Fishwives says: “It’s so easy, so delicious and so good for you!”.
• 2 portions Akaroa salmon (fresh or thawed)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1½ tablespoons Tamari (a variety of soy sauce with little or no wheat)
• 1 tablespoon honey
• Salt and pepper
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (black and white)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
1. Combine the lemon juice, Tamari and honey, and brush over the salmon; season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil or butter in a non-stick frying pan. Lightly toast the sesame seeds until golden, then remove from heat. Return the pan to the heat and cook the salmon skin-side down for three to four minutes, then flip and sear the top and sides until cooked to your liking.
3. Scatter with toasted sesame seeds and microgreens.
4. Serve with rice and veggies, or even pasta salad.
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Like this? Read more at our Wine & Dine section!