Having a bad sleep can leave you grumpy; it can also lead to poor brain function and health problems down the line. Yet narrowing down where to buy a mattress in Singapore can be a minefield. Sizing is often different from your home country, and mattresses in Asia are typically a lot firmer. ‘Try before you buy’ comes into play, so you can see which is the best mattress or topper for you. And, if you have an existing bed frame, be sure to take down the exact measurements so it and the bedsheets fit. They vary a lot!
Shopping at the stores of these experts in sleep solutions can make things easier. Here’s an overview of what they offer, and some advice along the way.
Head to the first level of this organic bedding specialist’s showroom in a renovated Tiong Bahru shophouse and you’ll be welcomed by a beautiful showcase of Heveya organic bedsheets. On the second level is a sleep studio, where customers can try all the organic mattresses at ease, in full privacy. It’s also there that the store’s sleep consultants can assist you with making the right choice. Their years of experience and know-how will soon see you paired with the best mattress for you.
Heveya is a one-stop bedding store that regularly updates its range to bring natural bedding products to customers. This includes not only the best-seller organic latex mattresses and pillows, bamboo lyocell bedsheets, flax linen sheets and organic duvets, but also FSC-certified teak bed frames and ergonomic bed bases as well as mattress and pillow protectors.
The award-winning Heveya mattresses are made of 100 percent organic latex, and available in three densities across three different heights; each one is encased in a handy removable cover made of soft bamboo fibre and filled with organic cotton padding. You can also customise the king-size mattresses to allow a combination of different firmness levels within one cover.
Even more accessories will be added to the online range soon, including throws, decorative pillows, essential oils to aid sleep, and towels.
Benefits of a Heveya natural organic latex mattress:
- It has an inherent elastic property that offers comfort and support. It can conform to the body curve, promoting proper spinal alignment and pressure distribution, and improving blood circulation – perfect for a healthy sleep.
- The latex used in Heveya mattresses is made from the sap of organic latex trees that haven’t had chemical fertilisers or pesticides poured on them as they grow; so, no harmful chemicals or off-gassing.
- With its natural open-cell structure, latex offers excellent air circulation. Added pinholes allow for increased airflow for a comfortable sleeping temperature.
- The cover is also easily removable and can be dry-cleaned for a more hygienic sleep.
If that’s not enough to convince you, the store also offers size customisation; what’s more, it can craft ultra-wide mattresses for families or to suit your home country size. You can also enjoy a 100-day trial. If you discover that your mattress is too soft or too firm when you get home, Heveya will work with you to find the firmness that fits.
32 Eng Hoon Street
6735 6658 | heveya.sg
The orthopaedic bedding specialists at Dormiente have delivered high-quality sleeping solutions for 34 years; they’ve done so using natural and certified organic materials for a healthy, comfortable sleep. It’s no wonder they’re a regular on the list of where to buy a mattress in Singapore.
You can customise individual support and different firmness for your partner and yourself in a queen- and king-sized organic natural latex mattress. The orthopaedic benefits can be enhanced with FSC-certified adjustable or motor bases, height-adjustable pillows, and organic bedding to complete the healthy sleep experience.
The beautiful, hand-crafted solid wood beds are available in 30 designs; you can also choose from 10 types of sustainably grown German hardwoods. This material is not only durable, but it also emphasises the beauty of sleeping in nature.
All the store’s products are handcrafted sustainably in Germany, strictly tested for 200 chemical residues, without fire retardants, polyurethane foam, formaldehyde or toxic chemicals that off-gas, and suitable for allergy sufferers.
Benefits of a Dormiente sleep system:
- Dormiente’s Natural Classic Orthoform female and male mattresses have been awarded 99 out of 100 possible points by LGA, a German certification for distinguished quality products. They’re also recommended by IGR (German Association of Back Posture Trainers) to be ergonomically effective products to help with the regeneration of the spine while sleeping.
- SYSTEM 7 is a patented orthopaedic bed base that can be highly customised for each individual. It consists of seven elements (three firm, two medium, two soft latex density), all individually adjustable in firmness based on sleeping positions and preferences.
Book a mattress trial consultation at Dormiente to experience the range of mattresses and pillows. Your trial will be based on height and weight profile, sleeping position, orthopaedic concerns and sleeping habits.
#11-10 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
9748 4468 | dormiente.sg
If you want to know where to buy a mattress in Singapore that offers a natural sleep and great comfort, you should definitely visit Willow Mattress. The award-winning certified 100 percent natural and organic latex mattress from Willow are super comfy, and will help you get those precious zzz’s!
Willow Mattress offers both certified 100 percent natural latex and certified 100 percent organic latex. Their new unique three-layer adjustable comfort system comprises three layers of A-Grade certified 100 percent natural or organic latex in differing densities. This means you can fine-tune your comfort level from medium through to extra-firm in just one mattress.
Aside from being comfy and supported, you’ll also benefit from the health benefits of latex. One of those is minimal partner disturbance for a soundless night’s sleep! Latex also sleeps cool, and is anti-mould and anti dust-mite – perfect for our tropical climate. Because it conforms to your body, and not the other way around, it provides ideal spinal alignment.
Mattresses at Willow come in 14 sizes; these include Singapore, European, American, Australian, UK and more, plus they can make to custom requirements. They come with removable, washable certified organic cotton covers for maximum hygiene and health. They also offer a half and half option on king-size mattresses so each partner can have the best comfort level for them.
Best mattress advice:
- If the mattress is described only as ‘natural latex’ or ‘100 percent latex’ then it will likely contain synthetics. Look for the words ‘100 percent natural latex’ or ‘100 percent organic latex’; that way you can be sure it’s free of chemical gels, foams and fillers.
- If it does state ‘100 percent natural latex’ then check that the whole mattress is made of this. In some cases just a thin layer of 100 percent natural latex is used with the rest being memory foam.
- Make sure the cover is removable and washable for maximum hygiene; this also allows you to see exactly what’s inside your mattress.
Willow Mattress also offers free delivery, free disposal of your old mattress and free 100-night trial (terms and conditions apply).
#01-10 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
8787 7817 | Willowmattress.com.sg
Delivering 152 years of great quality sleep solutions, Simmons is known for its original pocketed coil mattresses, with a piece to suit literally every body. With more than 250 patents and available in 140 countries, it’s also the mattress brand of close to 90 percent of upscale hotels worldwide including the Marriott International and Shangri-La Groups.
With the key aim of delivering quality, uninterrupted sleep, you can find its huge range of mattresses, including those imported from Japan and Canada, in its many stores and suppliers across Singapore. You’ll also find bed frames with storage, and bedding accessories including pocketed coil pillows, hybrid memory foam and mattress protectors.
The Simmons BackCare series has been established since 1977, and is its best-selling to date. Imported from Japan, it is known for its e-ION Crystal technology which emits positive effects of negative-ion and far-infrared rays. This special fibre is applied into each mattress to deliver benefits to the sleeper, such as enhancing health and well-being and invigorating your innate ability to self-rejuvenate.
In celebration of BackCare’s 45th anniversary, Simmons has revamped the BackCare 3 and BackCare 4 models with new features and a fresh look.
- The BackCare 3 is equipped with the new bamboo charcoal fabric that is microporous and cellular. Known as the ‘black diamond’ in the world, the benefits of this fabric is that it absorbs moisture, is anti-bacterial, environmentally friendly, removes odour and retains an optimal sleep temperature.
- The bestseller, BackCare 4 now comes in a new look while retaining its original features such as the renowned Simmons original pocketed coil that provides the do-not disturb benefit, and the e-ION Crystal technology.
- BackCare Luxury is equipped with cold foam. It is an environmentally friendly foam which is also high in density, making it more durable and quick-recovering. It enables superior moisture exchange and faster heat dissipation, providing a consistently cool sleeping surface.
#01-04 Simmons Gallery Nassim
1 Nassim Road
6734 5935 | simmons.com.sg
Hopefully, this has helped you work out where to buy a mattress in Singapore; now read our huge list of furniture shops in Singapore, or check out our Homes section for inspiration!