In case you’re stuck in a recipe rut, here’s a fail-safe, delicious and healthy dish from a local fitness expert to add to your repertoire. Happy cooking and eating!
Serves three to four
From: Caroline Teo Certified Personal Trainer and Founder, Physique 360
“I like this healthy recipe because it’s full of protein, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and fibre. The original recipe was from a cookbook called It’s All Good, but I have improvised further to enhance the taste and texture.”
- Medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 400g chickpeas (if from a can, rinse and towel dry)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of sea salt Ingredients for dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard with white wine
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- Pinch of freshly pressed black pepper powder
- Dash of sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Mix the cauliflower and chickpeas with the olive oil and a dash of sea salt, and roast in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes (or until cauliflower is soft).
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss with the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas. Serve warm or cold.
We have loads more great recipes and dinner party inspiration!