In case you’re stuck in a recipe rut, here’s a fail-safe, delicious and healthy dish from a local fitness expert to add to your repertoire. Happy cooking and eating!
Serves three to four
From: Caroline Teo Certified Personal Trainer and Founder, Physique 360
“I like this healthy recipe because it’s full of protein, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and fibre. The original recipe was from a cookbook called It’s All Good, but I have improvised further to enhance the taste and texture.”
- Medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 400g chickpeas (if from a can, rinse and towel dry)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of sea salt Ingredients for dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard with white wine
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- Pinch of freshly pressed black pepper powder
- Dash of sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Mix the cauliflower and chickpeas with the olive oil and a dash of sea salt, and roast in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes (or until cauliflower is soft).
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss with the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas. Serve warm or cold.
We have loads more great recipes and dinner party inspiration!
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.