A balanced, nutritious meal made from readily available ingredients, all roasted on one tray. This recipe for Kale Salad and Salmon comes from Sasha Conlan, Founder of Sasha’s Fine Foods
- 2 Mt Cook alpine New Zealand salmon portions, skinless
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 handfuls of kale leaves, chopped
- 1 corn on the cob, shucked
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 30g almonds
Ingredients for dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic shoyu soya sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the olive oil, soya sauce, lemon juice, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Lay the sweet potato cubes on a baking tray and drizzle with a third of the dressing. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon, kale and almonds to the tray and pour over a little more of the dressing, reserving some. Roast for another 10 minutes, being careful that the kale and nuts don’t burn and turn bitter.
- The sweet potato needs to be soft on the inside and golden on the outside and the salmon needs to be cooked through (or to your liking).
- Remove the salmon portions from the tray. Toss all the vegetables together and put into bowls, then add the avocado, corn and place the salmon on top. Serve with the rest of the dressing drizzled over.
This article first appeared in the January 2022 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase the latest issue or subscribe, so you never miss a copy!
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.