“A quick rummage through the freezer and fridge created this super quick and easy fish recipe of baked dory with fresh rosemary and lemon. If you don’t have a particular ingredient on this list, just use what you have and make it your own stay-at-home favourite.”
– Brian Kennett, Co-founder of Chillax BBQ (facebook.com/ chillaxbbq) and food blog islifearecipe.net
• 2 dory fillets
• Olive oil
• Sea salt and black pepper
• 1 lemon
• A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
• 2 tablespoons herb butter
Ingredients for the herb butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- A few leaves of fresh rosemary or thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse the dory fillets and pat dry.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and lay the fillets down.
- Drizzle over some olive oil and give a good sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Lay on fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Cut the lemon into slices and place them on top of the rosemary.
- Roughly chop the rosemary or thyme leaves and mix them with the softened butter. This freezes well too, so you can make it in bulk, pop it in a resealable bag and keep the rest in the freezer.
- Spread the herb butter in dollops across the lemon slices.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. It should still be moist because of the herbed butter, which will melt and poach the fish from the underside.
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
We hope you found this interesting; click here if you’d like to read more.
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.