Looking to buy a new sofa to give your living space a lift, and want to know Singapore’s best shopping spots? There are so many things to think about before you walk into a store – material, colour, size and configuration are just a few. It needs to suit your style, but also be comfortable, practical and meet the needs of your family. Perhaps you’re keen to ensure the piece is ethically made and from sustainable sources, without compromising on style and function? You’ll find all the answers below in our round-up of great furniture stores in Singapore for buying a sofa.
Originals has an extensive range of sofas, recently expanded to include more styles, sizes and fabrics. There’s a piece to fit any room; from petite apartment sofas to roomy corner sofas. Along with hard-wearing fabrics, the store also carries a soft linen fabric range which is perfect for the tropical climate in Singapore. Most of the sofas at Originals also come with removable covers which make them family friendly and extremely easy to maintain!
- New in store is the Hansen Corner Modular sofa, ideal for entertaining guests. Customise the configuration of the sofa to fit your space and select from a wide range of fabric options.
- A new range of more sophisticated Scandinavian-designed sofas that feature slick black metal legs, oak frames and hard-wearing textured fabric is now also available at Originals.
- Originals’ new apartment range has great options for tighter spaces – perfect if you don’t want to compromise on style and comfort.
Soul & Tables
Soul & Tables stocks sofas that are ethically made, stylish and affordable, plus there’s free delivery, complimentary maintenance and one-for-one removal – so, all your sofa-buying needs are covered.
- The best-seller Padded Sofa is now available in full leather, and consists of puffy comfortable pieces that are great for snuggling up. The Padded Sofa corner piece allows you to change the configuration to best suit your living room – you can turn your two-seater and three-seater into an L-shaped sofa in the blink of an eye.
- The Leather Sofa has a classic design made of luxurious full leather, with slender metal legs that give it a contemporary touch. This is a timeless piece that will suit most interiors.
#02-01 & #02-03, Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
9272 1545 | soulandtables.com.sg
Visit Comfort Furniture’s huge four-level showroom to see over 2,000 product lines. Once you’ve decided which sofa to buy, check out the stylish items for every other room in your home as well as offices and restaurants.
- The modern Prado sofa made with pure aniline leather has a relaxed feel and is made with a natural-looking leather that has had minimal treatment.
- The Regale recliner sofa is finished with semi-aniline leather and is both comfortable and spill-friendly. It features manually adjustable headrest angles and an electronic recliner.
Comfort Design Building, 110 Eunos Avenue 7
6747 4809 | comfortfurniture.com.sg
Grey & Sanders
Grey & Sanders believe in bringing functionality, style and comfort in all our furniture. The timeless and unique sofa styles are wrapped up in authentic, delicious smelling leather. When you buy a sofa at Grey & Sanders, you’ll have countless choices of genuine leather, ethically sourced from Germany, Italy and Brazil.
- The Ashby sofa is a versatile piece which features adjustable headrests. Its simple yet cool design makes it easily adaptable to any living room style.
- The Langham sofa is stylish and urban. The rich smooth texture of the leather combined with the warm comforting tones of the woven fabric makes a gorgeous combination.
#06-02, Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
#02-42, Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard
8371 8864 | greyandsanders.com
Danish Design Co
Danish Design Co is the only Singapore store to carry Scandinavian brands like Eilersen, Erik Jorgensen and Fredericia. Modular and handcrafted in Denmark, the sofas also have a five-year warranty.
- The Play Tower by Eilersen is a flexible multi-purpose sofa that comes with non-slip mobile back blocks that you can place anywhere on the sofa. Position as an arm support and – voila! – you have a comfortable chaise lounge.
- The Eilersen has a huge range of cool fabrics, so you can choose the colour and texture for your dream sofa.
W.Atelier hand-picks designer products that enhance your everyday life but also preserve a little aspect of design and culture. Among its collection are the Zanotta and Lema sofa ranges, which have become well-known for their ability to capture the atmosphere and style of a particular time.
- The Hiro by Zanotta. The Hiro range offers modular, monobloc pieces with large seats, armrests and back support for plenty of lounging comfort.
- The Yard by Lema. If you’re looking for a sofa that offers innovation and tradition, Lema has championed the ‘Made in Italy’ aesthetic for over 40 years.
201 Henderson Road, #01-01 & #03-01
6270 8828 | watelier.com