Before you buy a new sofa think about exactly what you need. Does it need to be kid-friendly or pet-friendly (think about those paws and claws!)? What colour, size or configuration will work with your room? Sustainability can be another purchase driver. Are you hunting for a designer sofa or bespoke settee? Once you’re ready to buy a sofa in Singapore, browse our top picks from some of the best furniture stores in town.
Originals – all kinds of sofas
Originals consistently tops the list for those wondering where to buy a sofa in Singapore. It has an extensive range of sofas, recently expanded to include more styles and sizes, and also fabrics. There’s a piece to fit any room, from petite apartment sofas to roomy corner pieces, making your sofa-buying hunt an easy one! Along with hard-wearing fabrics, the store also carries a soft linen fabric range that’s perfect for Singapore’s tropical climate. What’s more, most of the settees come with removable covers, making them family-friendly and extremely easy to maintain.
- New in store is the Hansen and Baker Corner Modular sofa, ideal for entertaining guests. You can customise the sofa to fit your space and also select from a wide range of fabrics available.
- A new range of more sophisticated Scandinavian-designed sofas that feature slick black metal legs, oak frames and hard-wearing textured fabric is now also available at Originals.
- Originals’ new apartment range has great options for tighter spaces – perfect if you don’t want to compromise on style and comfort for your sofa in Singapore.
Danish Design Co – authentic Scandinavian designer brands
Danish Design Co is the only Singapore store to carry Scandinavian brands like Eilersen, Erik Jorgensen and Fredericia. Modular and crafted in Europe, these designer sofas also have a five-year warranty. The designs they carry are timeless, top quality, and made with comfort, craftsmanship and longevity in mind.
- The Playground by Eilersen is a flexible multi-purpose sofa that comes with patented non-slip mobile back blocks that you can place anywhere on the sofa. Position it as an arm support and – voila! – you have a comfortable chaise lounge.
- The Lift by Eilersen is a luxuriously comfortable, ergonomic sofa. It’s named Lift due to the adjustable headrest that can be lifted by 13cm for neck support. This provides flexibility for the sofa to adapt to each guest’s needs.
Soul & Tables – classic sofas
Soul & Tables stocks sofas in Singapore that are ethically made, stylish and affordable, and there’s also free delivery, maintenance and one-for-one removal – so, all your sofa-buying needs are covered.
- The elegant Ellipse settee, one of the store’s latest additions, has that classic combination of style and comfort. It has generous seating, and the natural fabric is woven exclusively for Ethnicraft in Belgium, with a coating that repels stains and helps prevent small accidents. Available in both oatmeal and ash fabric, this piece works just as well in an urban apartment as it would in a country house.
- The best-seller Padded Sofa is also a classic favourite. Available in both full leather and fabric, this sophisticated design is timeless and perfect for snuggling up. If you’re wondering where to buy a sofa in Singapore with versatility, this settee really has it all. The modular design allows you to configure your settee to best suit your living room, with corner pieces that can turn your two-seater and three-seater into an L-shaped sofa in the blink of an eye.
#02-01 & #02-03 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
9272 1545 | soulandtables.com.sg
Born In Colour – affordable designer settees
If your concern is where to buy a sofa that’s affordable and tastefully designed, Born In Colour is a great start. It’s here that you’ll find a wide range of settees, from one, two and three-seaters to L-shape sectionals.
- The best-selling sofa is the Renato L shaped three-seater sofa (pictured). Made with genuine Italian leather to the highest Japanese standards, this three-seater sofa with chaise promises great comfort. Designed to radiate elegance, Born In Colour also offers recliners, armchairs, ottomans, and more.
- The Arluto Recliner three-seater sofa has separate electric controls on the head and footrest. With a touch of a button, it automatically fully extends to a lying position. There’s a huge range of leather options for you to choose from. This includes German, Italian and Brazilian leathers, colour tanning, and top-grain to full-grain leather.
- The Luca full leather sofa exudes a simple yet ergonomical design that ensures good support and comfort all round. Choose from luxurious Italian leather options, from semi-aniline to full aniline, allowing for full customisation to your preferred colour and comfort level. Don’t fancy leather? There are fabric options available too!
Spaceman – sofa beds with style
Gone are the days when a sofa bed meant compromising on comfort. Spaceman has an exclusive range of handmade Italian sofa beds that look and feel like a regular sofa but have a bed with a real mattress hidden inside. Spaceman sofa beds effortlessly change from sofa to bed in a matter of seconds.
They range from single to three-seater sofas, which means single to king size beds, and you can add extra seats to make an extended or L shape sofa. If you’re looking for where to buy a sofa in Singapore with space saving options, and hidden storage, Spaceman is your specialist.
- Slumbersofa Pronto is a classically styled Italian sofa that you can customise with your own choice out of five arm designs. The comfort of a handmade sofa with the sleep quality of a real mattress.
- Slumber Groove is the ultimate sofa bed, this sofa bed has a 20cm mattress even deeper and more sumptuous than many conventional beds.ultimate sofa bed, this sofa bed has a 20cm mattress even deeper and more sumptuous than many conventional beds.
CODA. – Japanese quality sofas
CODA. started off with a simple philosophy of bringing modern minimalist design to quality furniture. Working with global manufacturers, they collaborate closely on design, function and quality to make sure every product is carefully designed and manufactured.
The CODA. sofa range is made from a fully Japanese owned manufacturer with more than 60 years of experience in the sofa industry. From conceptualising, to manufacturing and quality control, this is where to buy a sofa with the most stringent Japanese quality control.
From material selection, to the last stitching, every process is quality controlled to ensure long lasting final products being produced.
- The CODA Bauman Sofa (pictured) is a real head-turner. The contemporary modern three-seater L shaped sofa is crafted for maximum comfort. Its adjustable headrest provides an additional level of support coupled with plush seating and wide armrests. It comes in half leather, full leather and European fabric options.
- The Luxor Sofa is a three-seater L-shaped chaise with multi-angle adjustable headrest designed for great comfort. It comes in three configurable sizes and facings to fit most homes. The most popular choice is the tanned brown Brazilian semi-aniline leather.
- The Filipe Sofa is a modern Scandinavian styled sofa with a solid core ash wood frame and luxe goose down cushions packed within. This sleek modern sofa is perfect for minimalist homes, but also fits in most homes with its slender body.
J. edition – contemporary and customisable sofas
The sofas at J. edition range from modern to vintage aesthetics, combined with functionality that serves different lifestyles and preferences. With genuine leather from South America and Italy as well as signature upcycled fabrics (made from PET single-use bottles), you can be assured of the upholstery’s reliability, durability and sustainability. This is the place to go to for your sofa customisation with its wide range of options available.
- The Zoe sofa, (also known as the “Netflix Sofa”) is specially made for those who love lying on their side. Packed full with goose feathers, sink into a feeling of endless comfort as you lay on the plush armrests. Not only that, the adjustable headrests allow you to watch your shows without straining your neck. So, if you love sprawling out, the Zoe is a perfect fit.
- The Mitch sofa, with its tufted cushions presents the best of both worlds. It exudes retro and vintage vibes (particularly in Heritage tan leather), a snazzy look that’s sure to impress! Its velcro attached back and seat cushions means it’s easy to clean the cracks and crevices of the sofa.
- The Noah sofa is the definition of minimalism. With its clean and straight lines, it integrates simplicity and modesty into functionality. It is a unique piece that has rotatable armrests, extending its length to seat more guests or to transform into a daybed, ideal for nappers.
Grandome – timeless sofas
French designer Franklin Gharbi and his partner Luqi Hermawanti created this sleek design brand. It was established 20 years ago in Central Java, Indonesia, an area reputed for its woodcraft expertise. Its collection of modular settees and loveseat pieces combine fabric, wood and metal and have a range of comfort levels from firm to ultra-cosy sink-in seating comfort.
If you’re struggling to visualise your piece at home have a chat with the brand studio team, who can help customers virtually recreate a 3D design of your living room. Here you can add the sofa of your choice and customise it to any of the 44 fabric textures and colours offered. Stock items can be custom made and delivered to Singapore homes within six to eight weeks.
- The Sienna is an iconic and timeless part of the modular settee collection inspired by the 70s. It allows you to mix and match individual items to the space. It features an ergonomic design with multiple densities, so not only does it look good, but it feels good too!
- Angers’ curved lines enriched by the folded ply fabric of the back rest create a dynamic and rhythmic effect for an enjoyable living space. The item is available in sizes ranging from 200cm to 260 cm.
- The Verona sofa is elegant modern colonial in design with curving lines. It features a stylish combination of fabric and rattan fitting well into both modern and classics interiors.
102E Pasir Panjang Road, #01-05/06, Citilink Warehouse Complex
8040 0844 | Grandome
Scanteak – beautiful, durable designs
Giving your living room a brand-new look is as easy as changing your cushion covers. Scanteak’s machine-washable cushion covers make their settees not only stylish but practical, particularly when you have children or pets at home. Finding the perfect sofa in Singapore is easy when you shop at Scanteak as they’re all beautifully designed and built to last. Their range includes solid teak pieces designed to enhance the comfort of home, while adding a touch of elegance to your living room. The colour and natural grains of teak coupled with simple and uncluttered designs make for a perfect mix.
- The Island Daybed is a versatile sofa that provides a distinct Scandinavian accent. Marrying comfort with style, it makes for an ideal space for lounging and reading on.
- The Kul Sofa provides versatility, allowing you to mix and match each piece, meaning you can customise your sofa to suit your unique home needs.
- The Duo Sofa two-seater is part of Scanteak’s designer collection, Prologue. With sleek lines and curved edges, this collection looks wider but doesn’t compromise on practicality or comfort.
Tan Boon Liat Building #10-02
315 Outram Road
6990 2294 | scanteak.com.sg
Black & Walnut – designer sofas
Offering luxury, internationally crafted, designer furniture, this is another entrant in our list of best places to buy a sofa in Singapore. The range features unique pieces, with quality craftsmanship and customer service being top priorities for the brand. With its own avant-garde line in living room, dining room, bedroom and workspace pieces, Black & Walnut says it aims to challenge the conventional and embrace eccentricity.
- The Ombersley corner settee is available in a left- or right-arm-facing chaise configuration. It has an engineered wood frame and full top-grain leather upholstery in a warm tan tone.
- The Oakham designer sofa is available as a three-seater (pictured) and also a two-seater. Upholstery is in Italian full aniline leather and comes in a striking channel-tufting design.
- The Kintail Loveseat also comes as a two- or three-seater. The back and seat cushion upholstery is removable and carries a unique button-wrap armrest design.
Level 1, 43 Keppel Road
6781 3201 | blackandwalnut.com.sg
Prestige Affairs – eclectic sofa range
Here you’ll find a wide variety of sofa styles, from modern and minimalistic to traditional and elegant. Designs are available in modular and sectionals that can be configured to fit into any space. From small sofas for apartments to spacious corner sofas for large spaces, their pieces are expertly crafted. They use high quality materials with hardwood structure, quality fabrics and full leather (not mixed synthetic).
The range can be customised in a variety of imported fabrics and quality leather suitable for the Singapore climate. The sofas are also available with water-repellent (hello, children!) and pet friendly fabrics (think anti-snag – great even for cats!). Not only do they promise fast delivery lead times, but if you don’t need your sofa just yet they can arrange for free storage.
- The Natalia sofa is timeless and elegant and adds a touch of modern luxury to any home.
- The Luna sofa is a modern sofa with deep seats and high backrest, making it ultra-comfortable. Dress it up with lumbar cushions or decorative pillows for different styles.
- The Boston settee is an iconic piece exemplifying Scandinavian and mid-century style.
#05-03, Delta House
2 Alexandra Road
House of AnLi – linen sofas
If you want to buy a settee that’s stylish and unique to your needs, House of AnLi has a gorgeous range of customisable plush Belgian linen-covered sofas and headboards. Standard sizes are available, but dimensions can also be changed and adapted to fit the space of your home. Customers can choose to upholster their sofas from a wide selection of 100 percent pure Belgian linen from Libeco. All prices include delivery and installation and making to order takes around three weeks from order confirmation.
- The clean, classic lines of the Tita three-seater work in a modern or traditional home setting. Comfortable and customisable in House of AnLi’s range of Belgian linen, the fabric is easy to look after and carries full washing instructions.
- The Tita modular sofa is perfect for a larger living room for entertaining. House of AnLi can enhance its contemporary look with one of the many upholstery options available. Choose to keep it clean with a neutral colour such as this soft oatmeal or give it some warmth with more colour. Sofas in Singapore don’t get much better!
- L-shaped settees are a great option for unusual spaces, and this Alex L-Shaped sofa in navy blue is no exception. Customisable in a wide range of other colours, the Alex sofa also comes with six throw cushions, making it even more comfy and stylish.
Nicoline Italia – luxury sofa sets crafted in Italy
Creators of sophisticated and modern furniture, this Italian-owned company has every piece exclusively made in Italy. The entire production process, including design and prototyping, is conducted in-house in collaboration with both local Italian and world-renowned designers.
Nicoline’s highly skilled team of specialists in cutting, stitching, and upholstery bring their techniques and experience to each luxury sofa set. Each piece undergoes rigorous inspections throughout the production process. This includes the fabrics and premium quality leather used for certified quality assurance. Their sofas offer an exclusive and personalised elegance for every type of living.
Comfort Furniture – great range of customisable sofas
Comfort Furniture houses a prestigious collection of comfortable and beautifully designed sofas that are ideal as the centrepiece of the living room. Whether it’s a one-seater, three-seater or modular, their sofa collection comes in various sizes and in wide array of designs. Most of the fabric and leather sofas on offer are customisable in colours to personally suit different interiors. They even cater for office and lobby settings with an extensive range of office and breakout sofas.
- Leonard L-shaped sofa bed (pictured) is an all-in-one package sofa ideal for small homes thanks to its compact size and multi-functionality. It comes with hidden storage under the chaise and transforms easily into a sofa bed for you to switch from watching television to taking a nap in comfort.
- Marisol three-seater sofa is a curvaceous piece that is sure to add an alluring appeal to your living room. The sofa’s low backrest design reduces any visual blockage, making it suitable for small spaces and offices too! Comes with extra cushions for an even cosier experience, and the fabric colour is customisable.
- Bambri three-seater sofa in full leather strikes a classic silhouette, but it comes covered in premium top-grain genuine leather, which is soft and cooling to the touch. With minimal treatment to the leather, this pure aniline piece gets its beauty from natural scuffs and marks that get better with time as it develops a beautiful vintage patina.
Also, if you’re moving to Singapore here are a few pointers on where to live.