Looking to buy a new sofa to give your living space a lift, and want to know Singapore’s best shopping spots? Don’t start with wondering where to buy a sofa, but focus on why you want one, and what you want from it. Will it be high-use and meet your family’s needs; what colour will work with your room? Size and configuration are also key questions. Perhaps you’re keen to ensure the piece is ethically made and from sustainable sources, without compromising on style and function? You’ll find all the answers below in our round-up of great furniture stores in Singapore for buying a sofa.
Originals has an extensive range of sofas, recently expanded to include more styles, sizes and fabrics. There’s a piece to fit any room, from petite apartment sofas to roomy corner pieces, making the hunt for where to buy a sofa an easy one! Along with hard-wearing fabrics, the store also carries a soft linen fabric range that’s perfect for Singapore’s tropical climate. Most of the sofas also come with removable covers, which make them family-friendly and extremely easy to maintain!
- New in store is the Hansen and Baker Corner Modular sofa, ideal for entertaining guests. Customise the configuration of the sofa to fit your space and select from a wide range of fabric options.
- A new range of more sophisticated Scandinavian-designed sofas that feature slick black metal legs, oak frames and hard-wearing textured fabric is now also available at Originals.
- Originals’ new apartment range has great options for tighter spaces – perfect if you don’t want to compromise on style and comfort.
WTP The Furniture Company
There’s a clean, fresh and contemporary vibe to WTP’s new upholstered collection throughout the shape of its sofas and armchairs. Colours and fabrics are where the fun comes in, with shades ranging from muted neutrals to intense and vivid colours like navy blue and deep purple. Fabrics are hardier polyester blends that feel like linens as well as velvets, and some in LivSmart fabrics; great if you have pets or children.
- Clean lined 3-seater sofas are versatile when going from a small room to a big room.
- The Carla L-shaped sofa is a top-seller for those with a bigger space, and for those looking for a more casual feel. It can also come with a movable ottoman which is great for extra seating.
Black & Walnut
Black & Walnut offers luxury, internationally crafted, designer furniture. The range features unique pieces, with quality craftsmanship and customer service being top priorities for the brand. With its own avant-garde line in living room, dining room, bedroom and workspace pieces, the store aims to challenge the conventional and embrace eccentricity.
- The Ombersley corner sofa is available in a left- or right-arm-facing chaise configuration. It has an engineered wood frame and full top-grain leather upholstery in a warm tan tone.
- The Oakham sofa is available both as a three-seater (pictured) or two-seater. Upholstery is in Italian full aniline leather and comes in a striking channel-tufting design.
- The Kintail Loveseat comes as a two-seater (pictured) or three-seater. The back and seat cushion upholstery is removable and carries a unique button-wrap armrest design.
Grey & Sanders
Grey & Sanders believes in bringing functionality, style and comfort to all its furniture. The timeless and unique sofa styles are wrapped up in authentic, high-quality leather. There are countless choices of genuine leather products at the store, ethically sourced from Germany, Italy and Brazil.
- The Ashby sofa is a versatile piece featuring adjustable headrests that allow for multiple sitting configurations, including a seating format for chatting, and one for a laid-back movie night. This sofa offers style and flexibility that fits even the most compact spaces.
- The Milton sofa features a stylish low profile without compromising comfort. Its quality is seen in its refined stitching and high-grade materials.
#06-02, Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
#02-42, Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard
8371 8864 | greyandsanders.com
Soul & Tables
Soul & Tables stocks sofas that are ethically made, stylish and affordable, plus there’s free delivery, complimentary maintenance and one-for-one removal – so, all your sofa-buying needs are covered.
- The best-seller Padded Sofa is now available in full leather, and consists of puffy comfortable pieces that are great for snuggling up. The Padded Sofa corner piece allows you to change the configuration to best suit your living room – you can turn your two-seater and three-seater into an L-shaped sofa in the blink of an eye.
- The Leather Sofa has a classic design made of luxurious full leather, with slender metal legs that give it a contemporary touch. This is a timeless piece that will suit most interiors.
#02-01 & #02-03, Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
9272 1545 | soulandtables.com.sg
Danish Design Co
Danish Design Co is the only Singapore store to carry Scandinavian brands like Eilersen, Erik Jorgensen and Fredericia. Modular and handcrafted in Denmark, the sofas also have a five-year warranty.
- The Playground by Eilersen is a flexible multi-purpose sofa that comes with non-slip mobile back blocks that you can place anywhere on the sofa. Position as an arm support and – voila! – you have a comfortable chaise lounge.
- The Lift by Eilersen is a luxuriously comfortable, ergonomic sofa. Its adjustable headrest can be lifted by 13cm for optimal neck support; hence the name ‘Lift’. This provides ultimate flexibility for the sofa to adapt to each guest’s needs.
With its origins as a hospitality furniture provider and wholesale supplier, Desace is now offering a direct customer service in bespoke furniture. The company can cater for any design, size and has a huge range of materials to choose from. Customers can find a sofa that alights perfectly to the length of their living room walls without compromising on the design, colour and comfort level.
- The Ella L-shaped sofa is a classic design, working with both traditional and contemporary settings, and can be upholstered in a variety of materials.
- The Noru Modula sofa is a versatile piece, able to work in both large and smaller living spaces and offers a contemporary edge with its clean lines.
- The Oxford sofa (pictured) is a beautifully luxe piece of furniture that will add serious grandeur to a room. Its piped edges and button details have an air of luxury and sophistication.
Born In Colour
If you’re looking for an affordable and tastefully designed sofa for your home, Born In Colour is a great place to start. It’s here that you’ll find a wide range of sofas, from one, two and three-seaters to L-shape sectionals.
- The Malcolm three-seater Scandi luxe solid wood frame sofa is classy and minimalist, featuring gold-plated metal legs and wrapped in a solid wood frame. A fusion of Scandinavian and luxe style, it’s also available as a one-seater armchair and two-seater sofa.
- The Regal contemporary premium cow hide leather L-shaped sofa is a classic piece for your living room. It’s customisable to both right and left facing, with multiple colour options to suit your needs.
- The Elsie interchangeable facing L-shape three-and-a-half seater sofa is a spacious and comfortable product. The L-shape sofa configuration can be adjusted depending on your preference.
House of AnLi
If you’re wondering where to buy a sofa that’s not only stylish but also unique to your wants and needs, House of AnLi has a gorgeous range of plush Belgian linen-covered sofas and headboards, all of which are customisable. Exciting news is its recent launch of The Loft, a unique space for House of AnLi’s furniture (still under the Tanglin Mall roof), which displays bespoke pieces and, in particular, the made-to-order sofas. Standard sizes are of course available, but dimensions can also be changed and adapted to fit the space of your home. Customers can choose to upholster their sofas from a wide selection of 100 percent pure Belgian linen from Libeco. All prices include delivery and installation, and making to order takes around three weeks from order confirmation – seriously speedy service!
- The clean, classic lines of the Tita three-seater work just as well in a contemporary or traditional home setting. Comfortably deep-seated and customisable in House of AnLi’s range of Belgian linen, the fabric is still easy to maintain and carries full washing instructions.
- The Tita modular sofa is perfect for a larger living room where entertaining friends or family is a must. Its contemporary look can be enhanced with one of the many upholstery options available at House of AnLi. Keep it clean with a neutral colour such as this soft oatmeal, or give it some warmth with more colour; the choice is yours.
- L-shaped sofas are a great option for unusual spaces, and this Alex L-Shaped sofa in navy blue is no exception. Customisable in a wide range of other colours, the Alex sofa also comes with six throw cushions, making it even more comfy and stylish.
W.Atelier hand-picks designer products that enhance your everyday life but also preserve a little aspect of design and culture. Among its collection are the Zanotta and Lema sofa ranges, which have become well-known for their ability to capture the atmosphere and style of a particular time.
- The Hiro by Zanotta. The Hiro range offers modular, monobloc pieces with large seats, armrests and back support for plenty of lounging comfort.
- The Yard by Lema. If you’re looking for a sofa that offers innovation and tradition, Lema has championed the ‘Made in Italy’ aesthetic for over 40 years.
201 Henderson Road, #01-01 & #03-01
6270 8828 | watelier.com