Looking to buy a new sofa in Singapore? First, think about what you need. Does it need to be kid-friendly or pet-friendly (i.e. scratch-proof)? What colour will work with your room? Size and configuration are also key questions. Would you like it to be ethically made and from sustainable sources? Then when it comes to where to buy a sofa in Singapore, here’s top picks from some of the best furniture stores.
Originals – All kinds of sofas
Originals has an extensive range of sofas, recently expanded to include more styles, sizes and fabrics. There’s a piece to fit any room, from petite apartment sofas to roomy corner pieces, making the hunt for where to buy a sofa an easy one! Along with hard-wearing fabrics, the store also carries a soft linen fabric range that’s perfect for Singapore’s tropical climate. Most of the sofas also come with removable covers, which make them family-friendly and extremely easy to maintain!
- New in store is the Hansen and Baker Corner Modular sofa, ideal for entertaining guests. Customise the configuration of the sofa to fit your space and select from a wide range of fabric options.
- A new range of more sophisticated Scandinavian-designed sofas that feature slick black metal legs, oak frames and hard-wearing textured fabric is now also available at Originals.
- Originals’ new apartment range has great options for tighter spaces – perfect if you don’t want to compromise on style and comfort for your sofa in Singapore.
Soul & Tables – Classic sofas
Soul & Tables stocks sofas that are ethically made, stylish and affordable, plus there’s free delivery, complimentary maintenance and one-for-one removal – so, all your sofa-buying needs are covered.
- The elegant Ellipse Sofa, one of the latest additions to Ethnicraft, has that classic combination of style and comfort. It has generous seating and the natural fabric is woven exclusively for Ethnicraft in Belgium, with a coating that repels stains and helps prevent small accidents. Available in both oatmeal and ash fabric, this piece works just as well in an urban apartment as it would in a country house.
- The best-seller Padded Sofa is a classic favourite. Available in both full leather and fabric, this sophisticated design is timeless and perfect for snuggling up but what really sets the Padded Sofa apart is its versatility. The modular design allows you to configure your sofa to best suit your living room, with corner pieces that can turn your two-seater and three-seater into an L-shaped sofa in the blink of an eye.
#02-01 & #02-03, Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
9272 1545 | soulandtables.com.sg
Lema – Italian sofas
Italian heritage brand Lema is exclusively available at W.Atelier in Singapore, with pieces that exude the typical level of production and excellence you’d expect from top furniture brands from Italy. There’s huge flexibility on offer, with modular and fixed options to suit the size and shape of your room. You can choose from removable covers, two- and three-seaters, and different fabrics; all provide a high level of detail and a guarantee of comfort. The showroom at Henderson is a one of the best places to buy a sofa in Singapore, and a great place to view most of what else you’ll need to set up home too.
- The Yard by Lema. If you’re looking for a sofa that offers innovation and tradition, Lema has championed the ‘made in Italy’ aesthetic for over 40 years.
- Lema Cloud is a modern contemporary modular option, which customers love for its flexibility.
201 Henderson Road, #01-01
6270 8828 | watelier.com/living/lema
Cassina – Designer sofas and armchairs
W.Atelier hand-picks designer products that enhance your everyday life but also preserve a little aspect of design and culture. With a design perfected over more than 90 years, these sofas feature cool comfortable materials, flexible and versatile configurations, and sensible mechanics. The Maralunga takes style and comfort to a new level, but there are so many alternatives, from curved contemporary to classic formal styles, and with fabrics including leather and velveteen. The fillings vary from memory foam to 100% recycled PET fibres that are largely recovered from the oceans in a project developed by Cassina LAB.
- The Maralunga by Vico Magistretti mixes mechanics, durability and comfort!
- Sengu Sofa: designed by Patricia Urquiola and inspired by the Japanese custom of the cyclical reconstruction of temples, it’s crafted for modern living rooms and creates a peaceful centre for the home.
Grey & Sanders – Premium leather sofas
Grey & Sanders is a local furniture brand that specialises in precise craftsmanship using only the best materials. They boast an array of sofas upholstered with the finest leather materials ethically sourced from Germany, Italy and Brazil. Each sofa combines a timeless design with everyday functionality that’s perfect for any home. Customise your sofa in a variety of configurations to suit your lifestyle preferences.
- The Ashby sofa is a versatile piece featuring adjustable headrests that allow you to switch up your sitting configurations to suit the occasion. Be it a laid-back movie night or an intimate gathering with your loved ones, the Ashby sofa offers style and flexibility that fits even the most compact of spaces.
- The Portage sofa is crafted with a sleek design that would be a perfect fit for most contemporary homes. With a slim arm profile and deep seats, this sofa maximises seating space and comfort, making it a must-have for homeowners. The Portage sofa is also highly customisable with a chaise option for those who want a sofa to lounge in after a long day.
#06-02, Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
#02-42, Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard
8371 8864 | greyandsanders.com
Danish Design Co – Authentic Scandinavian designer brands
Danish Design Co is the only Singapore store to carry Scandinavian brands like Eilersen, Erik Jorgensen and Fredericia. Modular and handcrafted in Europe, the sofas also have a five-year warranty. The designs they carry are timeless, top quality, comfort and craftsmanship, and made with longevity in mind.
- The Playground by Eilersen is a flexible multi-purpose sofa that comes with patented non-slip mobile back blocks that you can place anywhere on the sofa. Position as an arm support and – voila! – you have a comfortable chaise lounge.
- The Lift by Eilersen is a luxuriously comfortable, ergonomic sofa. Its adjustable headrest can be lifted by 13cm for optimal neck support; hence the name ‘Lift’. This provides ultimate flexibility for the sofa to adapt to each guest’s needs.
The Furniture Makers – Tasteful indoor-outdoor sofas
Here you’ll find elegant outdoor-friendly sofas that make lounging in your garden or balcony a breeze. Having their own manufacturing facilities, the brand uses high quality materials that promise high outdoor performance and also allows for high levels of customisation.
- The Furano sofa has a classic silhouette that conveys an understated elegance.
- The Anambas sofa is a contemporary piece featuring a thick dual toned textured synthetic rattan handwoven on long-lasting powder coated aluminium frame.
- The Denver sofa sports organic curves that will be a stunner on any outdoor setting.
Desace – Bespoke Settees
With its origins as a furniture provider and wholesale supplier to hotels and commercial clients, Desace also offers a direct customer service in bespoke furniture. The company can cater for any design, size and has a huge range of materials to choose from. Their custom and ready made pieces, as well as their reupholstery projects, are crafted in their factory. This direct service means they can offer beautiful bespoke pieces not only quickly but at reasonable prices too. Here, customers can find a sofa in Singapore that works perfectly to the length of their living room walls without compromising on the design, colour and comfort level.
- The Ella L-shaped sofa is a classic design, working with both traditional and contemporary settings, and can be upholstered in a variety of materials.
- The Noru Modula sofa is a versatile piece, able to work in both large and smaller living spaces and offers a contemporary edge with its clean lines.
- The Oxford sofa (pictured) is a beautifully luxe piece of furniture that will add serious grandeur to a room. Its piped edges and button details have an air of luxury and sophistication.
Black & Walnut – Designer sofas
Black & Walnut offers luxury, internationally crafted, designer furniture. The range features unique pieces, with quality craftsmanship and customer service being top priorities for the brand. With its own avant-garde line in living room, dining room, bedroom and workspace pieces, the store aims to challenge the conventional and embrace eccentricity.
- The Ombersley corner sofa is available in a left- or right-arm-facing chaise configuration. It has an engineered wood frame and full top-grain leather upholstery in a warm tan tone.
- The Oakham sofa is available both as a three-seater (pictured) or two-seater. Upholstery is in Italian full aniline leather and comes in a striking channel-tufting design.
- The Kintail Loveseat comes as a two-seater (pictured) or three-seater. The back and seat cushion upholstery is removable and carries a unique button-wrap armrest design.
Giving your living room a brand-new look is as easy as changing your cushion covers. Scanteak’s machine-washable cushion covers make their sofas not only stylish but practical, particularly when you have children or pets at home. The sofas you’ll find at Scanteak are beautifully designed and built to last. Their range includes solid teak pieces designed to enhance the comfort of home, while adding a touch of elegance to your living room. The colour and natural grains of teak coupled with simple and uncluttered designs, are a perfect mix.
- The Island Daybed is a versatile sofa that provides a distinct Scandinavian accent. Marrying comfort with style, it makes for an ideal space for lounging and reading on.
- The Kul Sofa provides versatility, allowing you to mix and match each piece, meaning you can customise your sofa to suit your unique home needs.
- The Duo Sofa two-seater is part of Scanteak’s designer collection, Prologue. With sleek lines and curved edges, this collection may look wider but doesn’t compromise on practicality or comfort.
Also, if you’re moving to Singapore here are a few pointers on where to live.
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.