Before you buy a new sofa think about exactly what you need. Does it need to be kid-friendly or pet-friendly (ie, scratch-proof!)? What colour will work with your room? Size and configuration are also key questions. Would you like it to be ethically made and from sustainable sources? Once you’re ready to buy a sofa in Singapore, browse our top picks of settees from some of the best furniture stores in town.
Originals – all kinds of sofas
Originals consistently tops the list of best places to buy a sofa in Singapore. It has an extensive range of sofas, recently expanded to include more styles and sizes, and also fabrics. There’s a piece to fit any room, from petite apartment sofas to roomy corner pieces, making your sofa-buying hunt an easy one! Along with hard-wearing fabrics, the store also carries a soft linen fabric range that’s perfect for Singapore’s tropical climate. What’s more, most of the settees come with removable covers, making them family-friendly and extremely easy to maintain.
- New in store is the Hansen and Baker Corner Modular sofa, ideal for entertaining guests. You can customise the configuration of the sofa to fit your space and also select from a wide range of fabric options.
- A new range of more sophisticated Scandinavian-designed sofas that feature slick black metal legs, oak frames and hard-wearing textured fabric is now also available at Originals.
- Originals’ new apartment range has great options for tighter spaces – perfect if you don’t want to compromise on style and comfort for your sofa in Singapore.
Soul & Tables – classic sofas
Soul & Tables stocks sofas in Singapore that are ethically made, stylish and affordable, and there’s also free delivery, complimentary maintenance and one-for-one removal – so, all your sofa-buying needs are covered.
- The elegant Ellipse Sofa, one of the store’s latest additions, has that classic combination of style and comfort. It has generous seating, and the natural fabric is woven exclusively for Ethnicraft in Belgium, with a coating that repels stains and helps prevent small accidents. Available in both oatmeal and ash fabric, this piece works just as well in an urban apartment as it would in a country house.
- The best-seller Padded Sofa is also a classic favourite. Available in both full leather and fabric, this sophisticated design is timeless and perfect for snuggling up. What really sets this settee apart, however, is its versatility. The modular design allows you to configure your settee to best suit your living room, with corner pieces that can turn your two-seater and three-seater into an L-shaped sofa in the blink of an eye.
#02-01 & #02-03 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
9272 1545 | soulandtables.com.sg
Lema – Italian sofas
Italian heritage brand Lema is exclusively available at W.Atelier in Singapore, with settees that exude the typical level of production and excellence you’d expect from top furniture brands from Italy. There’s huge flexibility on offer, with modular and fixed options to suit the size and shape of your room. You can choose from removable covers, two- and three-seaters, and different fabrics; all provide a high level of detail and a guarantee of comfort. The showroom at Henderson is one of the best places to buy a designer sofa in Singapore, and a great place to view most of what else you’ll need to set up home too.
- The Yard by Lema. If you’re looking for a settee that offers innovation and tradition, Lema has championed the ‘made in Italy’ aesthetic for over 40 years.
- Lema Cloud is a modern contemporary modular option, which customers love for its flexibility.
201 Henderson Road, #01-01
6270 8828 | watelier.com/living/lema
Cassina – designer sofas and armchairs
W.Atelier hand-picks products that enhance your everyday life but also preserve a little aspect of design and culture. With a design perfected over more than 90 years, each designer sofa you’ll find here features cool comfortable materials, flexible and versatile configurations, and sensible mechanics. The Maralunga takes style and comfort to a new level, but there are so many alternatives, from curved contemporary to classic formal styles, and with fabrics including leather and velveteen. In addition, the fillings vary from memory foam to 100% recycled PET fibres that are largely recovered from the oceans in a project developed by Cassina LAB.
- The Maralunga by Vico Magistretti mixes mechanics, durability and comfort.
- The Sengu Sofa, designed by Patricia Urquiola and inspired by the Japanese custom of the cyclical reconstruction of temples, is crafted for modern living rooms and creates a peaceful centre for the home.
Grey & Sanders – premium leather sofas
Grey & Sanders is a local furniture brand that specialises in precise craftsmanship using only the best materials. It offers an array of settees in Singapore upholstered with the finest leather materials ethically sourced from Germany, Italy and Brazil. Each sofa combines a timeless design with everyday functionality that’s perfect for any home. You can also customise your settee in a variety of configurations to suit your lifestyle preferences.
- The Ashby sofa is a versatile piece featuring adjustable headrests that allow you to switch up your sitting configurations to suit the occasion. Be it a laid-back movie night or an intimate gathering with your loved ones, the Ashby sofa offers style and flexibility that fits even the most compact of spaces.
- The Portage sofa is crafted with a sleek design that would be a perfect fit for most contemporary homes. With a slim arm profile and deep seats, this sofa maximises seating space and comfort, making it a must-have for homeowners. The Portage sofa is also highly customisable with a chaise option for those who want a sofa to lounge in after a long day.
#06-02 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
#02-42 Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard
8371 8864 | greyandsanders.com
Danish Design Co – authentic Scandinavian designer brands
Danish Design Co is the only Singapore store to carry Scandinavian brands like Eilersen, Erik Jorgensen and Fredericia. Modular and handcrafted in Europe, these designer sofas also have a five-year warranty. The designs they carry are timeless, top quality, and made with comfort, craftsmanship and longevity in mind.
- The Playground by Eilersen is a flexible multi-purpose sofa that comes with patented non-slip mobile back blocks that you can place anywhere on the sofa. Position it as an arm support and – voila! – you have a comfortable chaise lounge.
- The Lift by Eilersen is a luxuriously comfortable, ergonomic sofa. It has an adjustable headrest that can be lifted by 13cm for optimal neck support – hence the name ‘Lift’. This provides ultimate flexibility for the sofa to adapt to each guest’s needs.
The Furniture Makers – tasteful indoor-outdoor sofas
Here you’ll find elegant outdoor sofas that make lounging in your garden or balcony a breeze. The brand has its own manufacturing facilities, and uses high-quality materials that promise high outdoor performance while also allowing for high levels of customisation.
- The Furano outdoor sofa has a classic silhouette that conveys an understated elegance.
- The Anambas sofa is a contemporary piece featuring a thick dual-toned textured synthetic rattan handwoven on a long-lasting powder-coated aluminium frame.
- The Denver sofa sports organic curves that will be a stunner on any outdoor setting.
Grandome – timeless sofas
This sleek design brand was created and manufactured by French designer Franklin Gharbi and his partner Luqi Hermawanti. It was established 20 years ago in Central Java, Indonesia, an area reputed for its woodcraft expertise. Its collection of modular sofas and loveseat pieces combine fabric, wood and metal and have a range of comfort levels from firm to ultra-cosy sink-in seating comfort.
If you’re struggling to visualise your piece at home have a chat with the brand studio team, who can help customers virtually recreate a 3D design of your living room. Here you can add the sofa of your choice and customise it to any of the 44 fabric textures and colours offered. Non ready stock items can be custom made and delivered to Singapore homes within six to eight weeks.
- The Sienna is an iconic and timeless part of the modular sofa collection inspired by the 70s. It allows you to mix and match individual items to the space. It features an ergonomic design with multiple densities, so not only does it look good, but it feels good too!
- Angers’ curved lines enriched by the folded ply fabric of the back rest create a dynamic and rhythmic effect for an enjoyable living space. The item is available in sizes ranging from 200cm to 260 cm.
- The Verona sofa is elegant modern colonial in design with curving lines. It features a stylish combination of fabric and rattan fitting well into both modern and classics interiors.
102E Pasir Panjang Road, #01-05/06, Citilink Warehouse Complex
8040 0844 | Grandome
Desace – bespoke settees
With its origins as a furniture provider and wholesale supplier to hotels and commercial clients, Desace also offers a direct customer service in bespoke furniture. The company can cater for any design or size, and has a huge range of materials to choose from. Their custom-made and ready-made settees, as well as their reupholstery projects, are crafted in their own factory; this direct service means they can offer beautiful bespoke sofas and chairs not only quickly but also at reasonable prices. Here, customers can find a sofa that works perfectly to the length of their living room walls without compromising on design, colour or comfort. That’s why Desace deservedly nabs a spot on our list of great places to buy a sofa in Singapore!
- The Ella L-shaped sofa is a classic design, working in both traditional and contemporary settings, and can be upholstered in a variety of materials.
- The Noru Modula sofa is a versatile piece that works in both large and smaller living spaces and offers a contemporary edge with clean lines.
- The Oxford sofa (pictured) is a beautifully luxe piece of furniture that will add serious grandeur to a room. Its piped edges and button details offer an air of luxury and sophistication.
Black & Walnut – designer sofas
Offering luxury, internationally crafted, designer furniture, this is another entrant in our list of best places to buy a sofa in Singapore. The range features unique pieces, with quality craftsmanship and customer service being top priorities for the brand. With its own avant-garde line in living room, dining room, bedroom and workspace pieces, Black & Walnut says it aims to challenge the conventional and embrace eccentricity.
- The Ombersley corner sofa is available in a left- or right-arm-facing chaise configuration. It has an engineered wood frame and full top-grain leather upholstery in a warm tan tone.
- The Oakham sofa is available as a three-seater (pictured) and also a two-seater. Upholstery is in Italian full aniline leather and comes in a striking channel-tufting design.
- The Kintail Loveseat also comes as a two- or three-seater. The back and seat cushion upholstery is removable and carries a unique button-wrap armrest design.
Scanteak – beautiful, durable designs
Giving your living room a brand-new look is as easy as changing your cushion covers. Scanteak’s machine-washable cushion covers make their settees not only stylish but practical, particularly when you have children or pets at home. Finding the perfect sofa in Singapore is easy when you shop at Scanteak as they’re all beautifully designed and built to last. Their range includes solid teak pieces designed to enhance the comfort of home, while adding a touch of elegance to your living room. The colour and natural grains of teak coupled with simple and uncluttered designs make for a perfect mix.
- The Island Daybed is a versatile sofa that provides a distinct Scandinavian accent. Marrying comfort with style, it makes for an ideal space for lounging and reading on.
- The Kul Sofa provides versatility, allowing you to mix and match each piece, meaning you can customise your sofa to suit your unique home needs.
- The Duo Sofa two-seater is part of Scanteak’s designer collection, Prologue. With sleek lines and curved edges, this collection looks wider but doesn’t compromise on practicality or comfort.
Born In Colour – affordable designer sofas
If you’re wondering where to buy a sofa that’s affordable and tastefully designed, Born In Colour is a great place to start. It’s here that you’ll find a wide range of sofas, from one, two and three-seaters to L-shape sectionals.
- The best-selling sofa is the Renato L shaped three-seater sofa (pictured). Crafted with genuine Italian leather and manufactured with the highest Japanese standards, this three-seater sofa with chaise promises great comfort. Designed to radiate elegance, Born In Colour also offers recliners, armchairs, ottomans, and more.
- The Malcom three-seater Scandi luxe solid wood frame sofa is classy and minimalist, featuring gold-plated metal legs and wrapped in a solid wood frame. A fusion of Scandinavian and luxe style, it is also available as a one-seater armchair and two-seater sofa.
- The Elsie interchangeable facing L-shape sofa is a spacious yet compact sofa. Upholstered in premium polyester fabric, the L-shape sofa configuration can be adjusted to your liking.
Spaceman – space saving sofas
Gone are the days when a sofa bed meant compromising on comfort. Spaceman has an exclusive range of Slumbersofa sofas that look and feel like a regular sofa but have a bed with real mattress concealed inside thanks to an effortless transforming system.
They range from single to three-seater sofas, which means single to king size beds, and you can add extra seats to make an extended or L shape sofa. Spaceman is the space saving specialist, so the L shape sofa even has hidden storage.
- Slumbersofa Pronto is a classically styled Italian sofa that you can customise with your own choice out of five arm designs. The comfort of a handmade sofa with the sleep quality of a real mattress.
- Slumbersofa Groove is the ultimate sofa bed, this sofa bed has a 20cm mattress even deeper and more sumptuous than many conventional beds.
CODA. – Japanese quality sofas
CODA. started off with a simple philosophy of bringing modern minimalist design to quality furniture. Working with global manufacturers, they collaborate closely on design, function and quality to make sure every product is carefully designed and manufactured.
The CODA. sofa range is made from a fully Japanese owned manufacturer with more than 60 years of experience in the sofa industry. From conceptualising, to manufacturing and quality control, this is where to buy a sofa with the most stringent Japanese quality control.
From material selection, to the last stitching, every process is quality controlled to ensure long lasting final products being produced.
- The Luxor Sofa (pictured) is a three-seater L-shaped chaise with multi-angle adjustable headrest designed for great comfort. It comes in three configurable sizes and facings to fit most homes. The most popular choice is the tanned brown Brazilian semi-aniline leather.
- The Filipe Sofa is a modern Scandinavian styled sofa with a solid core ash wood frame and luxurious goose down cushions packed within. This sleek modern sofa is perfect for minimalist homes, but also fits in most homes with its slender body.
- The Danilo Corner Sofa is a modular ultra-plush corner piece which allows the flexibility of customisation and placement in all living room sizes. Each modular piece can be combined to create the right number of luxurious seating you want in your living hall. Available in both European aniline leather and premium fabric sourced from Turkey and Japan.
J. edition – contemporary and customisable sofas
The sofas at J. edition range from modern to vintage aesthetics, combined with functionality that serves different lifestyles and preferences. With genuine leather from South America and Italy as well as signature upcycled fabrics (made from PET single-use bottles), you can be assured of the upholstery’s reliability, durability and sustainability. This is where to buy a sofa that can be customised to suit your needs and tastes, and there’s a wide range of colour options available.
- The Zoe sofa (also known as the ‘Netflix sofa’) houses reclinable headrests for you to enjoy your favourite shows at differing angles without straining your neck. One discernible feature is its soft armrest, packed full with goose feathers that replicates the feeling of lying on a fluffy pillow. So if you’re an armrest hugger or someone who likes to sprawl out on the sofa, the Zoe is a perfect fit.
- The Mitch sofa with its tufted cushions presents the best of both worlds. Especially in Heritage tan leather, it exudes retro and vintage vibes, a snazzy look that’s sure to impress! Additionally, its velcro attached back and seat cushions means it’s easy to clean the cracks and crevices of the sofa.
- The Noah sofa is the definition of minimalism. With its clean and straight lines, it integrates simplicity and modesty into functionality. It is a unique piece that has rotatable armrests, extending its length to seat more guests or to transform into a daybed, ideal for nappers.
Also, if you’re moving to Singapore here are a few pointers on where to live.
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.