Before you buy a new sofa, think about exactly what you need. Does it need to be kid-friendly or pet-friendly (think about those paws and claws!)? What colour, size or configuration will work with your room? Sustainability can be another purchase driver. Are you hunting for a designer sofa or bespoke settee? Once you’re ready to buy a sofa in Singapore, browse our top picks from some of the best furniture stores in town.
Originals – all kinds of sofas
Originals consistently tops the list for those wondering where to buy a sofa in Singapore. It has an extensive range of sofas, recently expanded to include more styles and sizes, and also fabrics. There’s a piece to fit any room, from petite apartment sofas to roomy corner pieces, making your sofa-buying hunt an easy one! Along with hard-wearing fabrics, the store also carries a soft linen fabric range that’s perfect for Singapore’s tropical climate. What’s more, most of the settees come with removable covers, making them family-friendly and extremely easy to maintain.
- New in store is the Hansen and Baker Corner Modular sofa, ideal for entertaining guests. You can customise the sofa to fit your space and also select from a wide range of fabrics available.
- A new range of more sophisticated Scandinavian-designed sofas that feature slick black metal legs, oak frames and hard-wearing textured fabric is now also available at Originals.
- Originals’ new apartment range has great options for tighter spaces – perfect if you don’t want to compromise on style and comfort for your sofa in Singapore.
J. edition – contemporary and customisable sofas
The J. edition range from modern to vintage aesthetics, with a functionality that serves different lifestyles and preferences. Featuring genuine leather from South America and Italy as well as signature upcycled fabrics (made from PET single-use bottles), you can be assured of the upholstery’s reliability, durability and sustainability. This is also the place to go to for your sofa customisation, as there’s a wide range of options available.
- The Moire sofa stands out from the crowd with its union of fabric and leather upholstery that give a distinctive look while adding an interesting feel. Worried about maintenance? The Moire cushions have removable covers for you to pop into the washing machine for a quick and easy wash.
- The Zoe sofa (also known as the “Netflix sofa”) is specially made for those who love lying on their side. It’s packed full with goose feathers, so you’ll sink into a feeling of endless comfort as you lay on the plush armrests. Not only that, the adjustable headrests allow you to watch your shows without straining your neck. So, if you love sprawling out, the Zoe is a perfect fit.
- The Noah sofa is the definition of minimalism. With its clean and straight lines, it integrates simplicity and modesty into functionality. It’s a unique piece that has rotatable armrests, extending its length to seat more guests or to transform into a daybed, ideal for nappers.
Grandome – timeless sofas
French designer Franklin Gharbi and his partner Luqi Hermawanti created this sleek design brand. It was established 20 years ago in Central Java, Indonesia, an area known for its woodcraft expertise. The collection of modular settees and love-seat pieces combine fabric, wood and metal and have a range of comfort levels from firm to ultra-cosy sink-in seating comfort.
If you’re struggling to visualise your piece at home, have a chat with the brand studio team. They can help you to virtually recreate a 3D design of your living room. You can then add the sofa of your choice and customise it to any of the 60 fabric textures and colours offered. Non ready-stock items can be custom made and delivered to Singapore homes within six to eight weeks.
- The Sienna is an iconic and timeless part of the modular settee collection inspired by the 70s. It allows you to mix and match individual items to the space. It features an ergonomic design with multiple densities, so not only does it look good, but it feels good too!
- Angers’ curved lines enriched by the folded ply fabric of the back rest create a dynamic and rhythmic effect for an enjoyable living space. The item is available in sizes ranging from 200cm to 260 cm.
- The Verona is elegant modern colonial in design with curving lines. It features a stylish combination of fabric and rattan fitting well into both modern and classics interiors.
Scanteak – beautiful, durable designs
Giving your living room a brand-new look is as easy as changing your cushion covers. Scanteak’s machine-washable cushion covers make their settees not only stylish but practical, particularly when you have children or pets at home. Finding the perfect sofa in Singapore is easy when you shop at Scanteak as they’re all beautifully designed and built to last. Their range includes solid teak pieces designed to enhance the comfort of home, while adding a touch of elegance to your living room. The colour and natural grains of teak coupled with simple and uncluttered designs make for a perfect mix.
- The Island Daybed is a versatile sofa that provides a distinct Scandinavian accent. Marrying comfort with style, it makes for an ideal space for lounging and reading on.
- The Kul Sofa provides versatility, allowing you to mix and match each piece, meaning you can customise your sofa to suit your unique home needs.
- The Duo Sofa two-seater is part of Scanteak’s designer collection, Prologue. With sleek lines and curved edges, this collection looks wider but doesn’t compromise on practicality or comfort.
#10-02 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
6990 2294 | scanteak.com.sg
Soul & Tables – classic sofas
Soul & Tables stocks sofas in Singapore that are ethically made, stylish and affordable, and there’s also free delivery, maintenance and one-for-one removal – so, all your sofa-buying needs are covered.
- The elegant Ellipse settee, one of the store’s latest additions, has a classic combination of style and comfort. It offers generous seating, and the natural fabric is woven exclusively for Ethnicraft in Belgium, with a coating that repels stains and helps prevent small accidents. Available in both oatmeal and ash fabric, the subtle infusion of the curve instantly lifts a space and becomes a timeless yet versatile setting. It’s a great way to create a luxurious look and feel without maxing out the budget.
- The best-seller Padded Sofa is also a classic favourite. Available in both full leather and fabric, this sophisticated design is timeless and perfect for snuggling up. If you’re wondering where to buy a sofa in Singapore with versatility, this settee really has it all. The modular design allows you to configure your settee to best suit your living room, with corner pieces that can turn your two-seater and three-seater into an L-shaped sofa in the blink of an eye.
#02-01 & #02-03 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road
9272 1545 | soulandtables.com.sg
Born In Colour – affordable designer settees
If your concern is where to buy a sofa that’s affordable and tastefully designed, Born In Colour is a great start. It’s here that you’ll find a wide range of settees, from one-, two- and three-seaters to L-shape sectionals.
- The best-selling sofa is the Renato L-shaped three-seater sofa (pictured). Made with genuine Italian leather to the highest Japanese standards, this three-seater sofa with chaise promises great comfort. Designed to radiate elegance, Born In Colour also offers recliners, armchairs, ottomans and more.
- The Arluto Recliner three-seater sofa has separate electric controls on the head and footrest. With a touch of a button, it automatically fully extends to a lying position. There’s a huge range of leather options to choose from, including German, Italian and Brazilian leathers, colour tanning and top-grain to full-grain leather.
- The Luca full leather sofa exudes a simple yet ergonomical design that ensures good support and comfort all round. Choose from luxurious Italian leather options, from semi-aniline to full aniline, allowing for full customisation to your preferred colour and comfort level. Don’t fancy leather? There are fabric options available too!
CODA – Japanese quality sofas
CODA started off with a simple philosophy of bringing modern minimalist design to quality furniture. Working with global manufacturers, they collaborate closely on design, function and quality to make sure every product is carefully designed and manufactured.
The CODA sofa range is made from a fully Japanese owned manufacturer with more than 60 years of experience in the sofa industry. From conceptualising, to manufacturing and quality control, this is where to buy a sofa with the most stringent Japanese quality control.
From material selection, to the last stitching, every process is quality controlled to ensure long lasting final products being produced.
- The CODA Bauman Sofa (pictured) is a real head-turner. The contemporary modern three-seater L-shaped sofa is crafted for maximum comfort. Its adjustable headrest provides an additional level of support coupled with plush seating and wide armrests. It comes in half leather, full leather and European fabric options.
- The Luxor Sofa is a three-seater L-shaped chaise with multi-angle adjustable headrest designed for great comfort. It comes in three configurable sizes and facings to fit most homes. The most popular choice is the tanned brown Brazilian semi-aniline leather.
- The Filipe Sofa is a modern Scandinavian styled sofa with a solid core ash wood frame and luxe goose down cushions packed within. This sleek modern sofa is perfect for minimalist homes, but also fits in most homes with its slender body.
WTP The Furniture Company – contemporary sofas
There’s a clean, fresh and contemporary vibe to WTP’s new upholstered collection throughout the shape of its sofas and armchairs. Colours and fabrics are where the fun comes in, with shades ranging from muted neutrals to intense and vivid colours like navy blue and deep purple. Fabrics are hardier polyester blends that feel like linens as well as velvets, and some in LivSmart fabrics; great if you have pets or children.
- Clean lined 3-seater sofas are versatile when going from a small room to a big room.
- The Carla L-shaped sofa in Singapore is a top-seller for those with a bigger space, and for those looking for a more casual feel. It can also come with a movable ottoman which is great for extra seating.
Danish Design Co – authentic Scandinavian designer brands
Danish Design Co is the only Singapore store to carry Scandinavian brands like Eilersen, Erik Jorgensen and Fredericia. Modular and crafted in Europe, these designer sofas also have a five-year warranty. The designs they carry are timeless, top quality, and made with comfort, craftsmanship and longevity in mind.
- The Playground by Eilersen is a flexible multi-purpose sofa that comes with patented non-slip mobile back blocks that you can place anywhere on the sofa. Position it as an arm support and – voila! – you have a comfortable chaise lounge.
- The Lift by Eilersen is luxuriously comfortable and ergonomic. It’s named Lift due to the adjustable headrest that can be lifted by 13cm for neck support. This provides flexibility for the sofa to adapt to each guest’s needs.
Comfort Furniture – great range of customisable sofas
Comfort Furniture houses a prestigious collection of comfortable and beautifully designed sofas that are ideal as the centrepiece of the living room. Whether it’s a one-seater, three-seater or modular, their sofa collection comes in various sizes and in wide array of designs. Most of the fabric and leather sofas on offer are customisable in colours to personally suit different interiors. They even cater for office and lobby settings with an extensive range of office and breakout sofas.
- Leonard L-shaped sofa bed (pictured): This all-in-one package sofa is ideal for small homes thanks to its compact size and multi-functionality. It comes with hidden storage under the chaise and transforms easily into a sofa bed for you to switch from watching television to taking a nap in comfort.
- Marisol three-seater sofa: A curvaceous piece that’s sure to add an alluring appeal to your living room. The sofa’s low backrest design reduces any visual blockage, making it suitable for small spaces and offices too! Comes with extra cushions for an even cosier experience, and the fabric colour is customisable.
- Bambri three-seater sofa in full leather: This piece strikes a classic silhouette, but it comes covered in premium top-grain genuine leather, which is soft and cooling to the touch. With minimal treatment to the leather, this pure aniline piece gets its beauty from natural scuffs and marks that get better with time as it develops a beautiful vintage patina.
Black & Walnut – designer sofas
Offering luxury, internationally crafted, designer furniture, this is another entrant in our list of best places to buy a sofa in Singapore. The range features unique pieces, with quality craftsmanship and customer service being top priorities for the brand. With its own avant-garde line in living room, dining room, bedroom and workspace pieces, Black & Walnut says it aims to challenge the conventional and embrace eccentricity.
- The Ombersley corner settee is available in a left- or right-arm-facing chaise configuration. It has an engineered wood frame and full top-grain leather upholstery in a warm tan tone.
- The Oakham designer sofa is available as a three-seater (pictured) and also a two-seater. Upholstery is in Italian full aniline leather and comes in a striking channel-tufting design.
- The Kintail Loveseat also comes as a two- or three-seater. The back and seat cushion upholstery is removable and carries a unique button-wrap armrest design.
Level 1, 43 Keppel Road
6781 3201 | blackandwalnut.com.sg
Bolia – customised sofas
This brand offers Scandinavian designer sofas tailor-made for you. Their crafted from quality materials and designed by the most designers who bring new Scandinavian design to the next level. These sofas in Singapore are customised to your specific wishes, and manufactured with equal amounts of passion, precision and craftsmanship.
You get to choose your our own model, legs, filling and upholstery from their collection of Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex certified furniture fabrics or traceable leather. In the commitment to sustainability and search to extend the durability of every design, Bolia offers a special 10-year warranty on all products.
- Whether you prefer simplicity, soft curves or flexible functionality, the Noora has it all. This modular sofa features an elegant exterior and durable interior, with elegant hand-stitched seams that discreetly highlight its quality and the clean traditions of Scandinavian design.
- Cosima is a soft, embracing modular sofa, characterised by low armrests and backrests that invite relaxation. It’s made from FSC-certified wood and filled with soft down and feather filling sewn into channels to extend durability and retain its iconic shape. There are two different seat depths, and you can remove or add modules when new needs arise.
- The Scandinavia sofa series is a much-loved classic, designed with removable fabric upholstery so you can adjust your aesthetic and functional needs over time, and extend the sofa’s lifetime. The seat cushions are reversible and the legs come in different materials and two heights.
215 Henderson Road, #01-01
6664 0180 | bolia.com
CANCAN sofas – modern design with comfort
This furniture store offers a new generation of modern furnishings with a distinctive allure that aims to transcend the ordinary. The selection of amply padded sofas blend modern silhouettes with enveloping comfort. They feature inviting deep seats that are crafted with plush down feathers and high resilience foam.
What’s more, the pieces are available for customisation in a range of configurations and upholstery options from soft cotton-linen blends to textured dual-tone chenille. The possibilities are endless! We especially love the Tristen Sofa that comes with high backrests and neck support, and the low, streamlined profile of the Hara sofa.
- The Tristen Chaise Sectional Sofa features extra-deep seats and high backrests made with high resilience foam and fluffy feather inserts. It’s thoughtfully designed with slim arms to maximise seating space for compact apartments.
- A contemporary statement piece with flowing curves all around, the Rozon Sofa doesn’t sacrifice comfort for style, with its seat cushioning that balances softness and structure.
- The Hara Sectional Sofa has clean lines and crisp angles for a minimalist and modern silhouette. A low seat profile gives a casual-cool factor, and large accessory cushions offer added backrest support. The piece is also highly customisable in different configurations.
Frontech Centre, 15 Jalan Kilang Barat, #04-03
9126 4153 | cancanfurnishings.com
Worked out where to buy a sofa in Singapore but still hunting for furniture inspiration? Visit our Homes section. You can also take a look at some of our readers’ homes to hear about their expat stories!
Also, if you’re moving to Singapore, here are a few pointers on where to live.