- This event has passed.
Teens & Mental Health with Dr Neil Forrest & Dr Sanveen Kang
22 April @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The pressure of being “perfect” In today’s society is taking a toll on our kids’ mental health. Some have been good at hiding their issues from their parents, while others simply fall apart. We’re here to help!
In this session, Dr Neil Forrest from Osler Health International and Dr Sanveen Kang from Psych Connect will provide insights into how poor self-image can lead to self-destructive behaviours in teenagers. The teen journey has never been smooth; however, current times only seem to have increased the insidious pressures on our children. Why is self-image so important to growing minds? In this talk, we will be seeking to answer that question and many more:
* How do we support the development of a positive self-image for our children?
* What are the signs that something is wrong?
* How can we identify eating disorders?
* What are some common self-harm practices and how can we identify them?
* What steps can we take to support our children?
* What are the treatment options?
Date: 22 April
Place: Zoon Online
About the Speakers
Dr Neil Forrest (MBChB (Leeds, UK), MRCGP (UK) is a family GP based at Osler Health (Star Vista clinic). Dr Forrest is known for his kind and non-judgemental manner and is the go-to for many teenagers and their parents. He has been supporting international teens in Singapore for over six years.