- This event has passed.
Magic in your Kid’s Microbiome by City Osteo Physio’s expert Naturopath – Alicia Davenport, Live Talk and Discussion
9 September @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Did you know that the composition of your child’s gut bacteria can impact their current and future health outcomes?
In this one-hour webinar presented by naturopath Alicia Davenport, we’ll unravel how the living microorganisms in our gut affect our brain, immunity, nervous system and the biochemistry of the body. You’ll learn how to maximise a window of opportunity where, from birth, the gut bacteria diversity increases and converges toward an adult-like microbiota between the ages of three to five years. And we will uncover why many diseases children are experiencing today are linked to an imbalance of the microorganisms in their gut. A correction of this imbalance can have dramatic effects on mood, behaviour, concentration and immunity.
Topics will include:
- Strategies for developing your child’s microbiome
- The effects of probiotics on the infant gut
- Specific probiotic strains for paediatric food sensitivities and allergies
- How gut bacteria can influence the outcomes of behaviour and social engagement in autism spectrum disorder and ADD/ADHD
- The science on fermented foods and gut health
- How children’s early nutrition affects their gut microbiome (including tips for fussy eaters!)
- The best way to test your child’s microbiome
Date: 9 September 2020
Place: Zoom Online
Alicia Davenport is an accredited naturopath and herbalist who runs a holistic medicine clinic located at City Osteopathy and Physiotherapy, Guthrie House. Her main passion is finding the underlying causes and developing innovative approaches to managing chronic illness. Alicia has received specialised training in bio-individualised nutrition and has over 10 years of experience supporting children and adults globally with especially severe chronic conditions. She is accredited with the Australian Natural Therapies Association and a fellow member of the New York Academy of Sciences.