Wallpaper has had somewhat of a revival over recent years. Long gone are the days of enduring great aunty Edna’s 1970s garish living room pattern; now there are some gorgeous designs and styles of wallpaper that can really lift a room. Not sure where to buy wallpaper in Singapore? Honpo stocks over 500 different designs from around the world that are reasonably priced and easy to use. Here’s their wallpaper advice, tips and trends to help make your home stand out!
The thought of wresting with rolls and paste may put you off, but many of Honpo’s designs can be pre-glued, making installation nice and easy. The pre-glue process couldn’t be easier: get shopping for wallpaper at Honpo and choose a design. They pre-glue the product, seal it, then all you need to do is stick it up (within one month) on your walls. You might be worried about your landlord demanding you strip everything down again when your lease is up. Honpo provides a removable solution for both wallpaper and flooring, so even if you’re in a rented house, removing your décor additions shouldn’t be a problem.
Wallpaper in Singapore can suffer in the hot and humid climate, but there are ways to stop your beautiful paper from having a premature curl. Make sure the surface is prepped properly – scrubbed, sanded and smooth. It’s also be best to choose a wall not in direct sunlight or exposed to moisture. Here are some more wallpaper décor tips you should find you useful.
- If this is your first foray into using wallpaper in Singapore, you may want to start small. Consider a study or snug room, or even a closet. Doing this can instil confidence in you to consider other rooms in your house.
- If you don’t want to go all out in a room, feature walls are still a popular choice. Honpo recommends choosing a European paper, which can be relatively premium, then choosing a plainer wallpaper (or paint) for the rest of the room.
- But don’t be afraid to go all out and wallpaper an entire room. There are plenty of designs out there that work fantastically for contemporary homes too. As these spaces often have more window surface area, consider a textured wallpaper that can be used sparingly but which will warmth.
- Ceilings are a much-neglected area in a room yet they can really benefit from a luxe pattern. Honpo can customise wallpaper to create a mural wall, which could just as well work on a ceiling. Floor sheets are also available.
- Consider the soft furnishings in a room. If you’ve already got colour and texture through them, dial down the wallpaper pattern and keep it neutral.
The great thing about wallpaper is it’s not just about colour trends (although according to multiple interior design sources, navy continues to be the colour for 2021). Wallpaper patterns, including texture, shape and aesthetic focus, give us huge scope for choice. Here are three key trends broken down for us by Honpo.
Metallic wallpaper adds a whole new dimension to a room, literally. Whether its small touches of gold or silver running through the paper to add a luxe feel, to larger surfaces of metallic materials used to add light and shine.
‘Bringing the outside in’ – it’s an oft-used term in interior design, and wallpaper is a truly eye-catching way to make this happen. From tropical prints to jungle or floral themes, this is your way of saying you’re at one with nature, inside and out!
#3 Natural and rustic
Sustainability and the environment are still key issues for 2021, and this is reflected in the popularity of natural materials and rustic-feel wallpaper.
Where to buy wallpaper in Singapore
By maintaining stock of its brands, Honpo keeps costs low. The majority of its wallpaper is $98 a roll, which covers around four square metres (one ‘typical’ wall requires approximately two rolls). The company also offers an installation service, and if you fancy some DIY they’ll loan you the tools to install it for free!
Doing up your home and want to know where to buy furniture in Singapore?