Virtual reality gaming centres are all the rage right now, so why not give one a go for yourself? At Virtual Room in Chinatown, you go on an adventure to navigate strange worlds and solve puzzles with your teammates. Here are some insights into what to expect from this exciting VR experience.
How many people can play?
A maximum of four players can play together in one VR game, but don’t worry if you have a bigger party – the centre can accommodate up to 22 players at a time, so no one will be left out! Large groups will be split into multiple teams and have just as much fun.
Who can play?
Anyone aged 10 and above, so it’s perfect for a fun family day out.
How is the game played?
Each player will have their own dedicated room equipped with HTC Vive virtual reality gear. Put on your headsets and pick up your handheld controllers and be transported into the virtual realm. During the game, you’ll get to move around, search for items, collect objects and make plans with your fellow team members in other rooms. Each game lasts up to 45 minutes.
The high-tech HTC Room Scale Virtual Reality experience allows movements in the play areas to be tracked in the virtual world, enhancing the overall game experience.
What themes are there?
There are two exciting time travel missions that’ll bring you to back in time to historical periods such as ancient Egypt and the iconic moon landing. In Chapter 1, track down lost agents from the Alpha team and scout for top-secret information. In Chapter 2, fight against time and space to find a cure as the earth gets struck with a destructive plague.
How much does it cost?
Off-peak (Monday to Thursday, 10am until 5pm)
- Online booking: $44 per person (includes 10 percent online booking discount)
- Walk in, email and phone booking: $49 per person
Other times (including Public Holidays)
- Online booking: $49 per person (includes 10 percent online booking discount)
- Walk in, email and phone booking: $54 per person
What should I take note of before coming?
- Book your slot at least two hours in advance
- The game (mission briefing, virtual adventure and debriefing with a photo opportunity) lasts up to an hour
- You can wear your glasses (best with thin frames) or contact lenses, though large or odd-shaped glasses frames will not fit comfortably in the VR headset.
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday, 10am to 11pm (last booking: 10pm)
- For group and corporate events, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Written in collaboration with:
Basement 3, Lucky Chinatown, 211 New Bridge Road
6966 8060 | singapore.virtual-room.com
Check out more things to do in Singapore!