We love this simple granola bar recipe because it’s perfect for a busy morning breakfast or snack! Conveniently, most of the ingredients can be found on Foodsterr’s website, so you won’t have to worry about hunting through aisles for every single item.
This recipe makes 25-30 slices
- 1½ cups oats
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, nuts and seeds.
- Blend bananas, coconut oil and honey.
- Mix wet mixture with dry mixture and pour into the tray.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the tray.
- Melt dark chocolate and pour over the top of the cooling mixture
- Cut into granola bars and store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to five days, or in the freezer.
This recipe is courtesy of Carrotstick & Cravings for Foodsterr.
This article first appeared in the November 2016 edition of Expat Living magazine. Subscribe now!
Discover more in our Wine & Dine section