“My kids get fruit and vegetables daily and know the importance of healthy eating to maintain a healthy body. But some days (Mondays to Fridays, and some Saturdays and Sundays!), I get tired of saying, ‘Finish your vegetables!’ I’m a big believer in getting my boys to eat well, and this is an easy, no-fuss, no-fight meal that they love.” – Dr Arti Jaiswal Children’s doctor at IMC Paediatric
Makes four to six servings
• 1½ cups uncooked pasta (can be macaroni, penne or spirals)
• 400g cauliflower (approximately half of a small cauliflower)
• 2 medium zucchinis, peeled
• 2 tablespoons butter (or your preferred oil)
• 2 tablespoons plain flour
• 1 medium onion, finely diced (or pureed)
• 1 cup milk, warmed
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta per package instructions.
2. Steam cauliflower and zucchini. When tender, puree the vegetables; add some water if needed.
3. Add butter to a pan, sauté onion for around two minutes. Add flour and stir for two minutes, then add warm milk gradually; stir and bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
4. By now, you should have a thick sauce. Add ¾ cup of cheese and stir.
5. Add in the pureed cauliflower and zucchini. Mix everything well, and then add cooked pasta.
6. Transfer to a baking dish, top with the remaining cheese, and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (this will give it a crunchy top!)
Send us a recipe!
If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Want more delicious recipes? Click here
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.