Bananas ripen very quickly in Singapore. If you can’t eat them quick enough, you can always freeze them for smoothies or you can use them to bake yourself a yummy banana cake. In case you’re looking for a recipe for the latter, here’s one from a reader. Happy baking and eating!
“It’s such an easy recipe! Not too sweet and tastes so good – I’ve gotten many compliments on it!”
– June Yap, Singaporean stay-at-home mum.
• 300g unpeeled bananas
• 180g unsalted butter (semi-hard)
• 160g castor sugar
• 240g flour
• 4 eggs and 2 egg yolks
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1½ teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. While the oven is pre-heating, mix butter and castor sugar in a bowl on low speed until even. Then, change to medium speed and beat until fluffy.
2. Add in eggs a little at a time. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
3. Add in mashed banana.
4. Using low speed, fold in the flour. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into two loaf tins and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
Like this? Read more at our wine and dine section:
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.