This recipe using fresh chicken legs is a great option for an easy meal.
“This is a recipe to have in your arsenal for busy weeknights. You can whip up this simple chicken dish with just five main ingredients for an incredibly tasty dinner.” – Sasha Conlan, Founder and Director of Sasha’s Fine Foods
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 skin-on chicken legs
• Two 400g cans of butter beans, drained
• 4 tablespoons pesto
• 100ml white wine
• 180g kale, woody stalks removed
• ½ lemon, juiced
1. Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, season the chicken and add to the pan skin-side down. Brown for 7 to 10 minutes until the skin is golden and crisp.
2. Meanwhile, mix the butter beans with the pesto, wine and 100ml water.
3. Flip the chicken legs over so the crispy side is facing up and pour in the butter bean mix around them. Be careful not to pour over the chicken so the skin remains crisp.
4. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 20 to 30 minutes until the liquid has reduced by about half and the chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove the meat, set aside and cover with foil.
6. Add the kale to the butter beans, along with the lemon juice. Season and cook for three to five minutes, until the kale has wilted. Add a splash of water if it looks too dry.
7. Split between four plates, top with the crispy chicken legs and crack over some black pepper and add an extra spoonful of pesto, if you like.
Send us a recipe!
If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
We hope you found this interesting; click here if you’d like to read more.