This month, we’ve got a Halloween-inspired recipe that kids and grownups alike will love, plus a “magic breastmilk potion” that nursing mums will want to try, pronto. Happy cooking and eating!
Makes approximately 25 balls
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1½ cups Arborio rice
• 2 cups carrot juice
• 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Black olives for decoration
• Green beans for decoration
1. In a small pot, mix stock, salt and one cup of carrot juice, and bring to a boil; leave to simmer.
2. Fry the rice in oil and butter in a large frying pan for five minutes – keep adding quarter cups of juice, allowing liquid to absorb with each addition. Let cool in the fridge overnight.
3. Once cooled, roll into balls (about two tablespoons each), pressing firmly with wet hands. To form eyes and mouths, cut black olives into shapes and press into the rice balls. To make pumpkin stems, cut small triangles of green beans and stick them on top of the balls.
Watch the video for tips on Halloween in SG
Like this? Read more at our Recipe section