Most of us have our go-to recipes, be it for a mid-week lunch, a dinner party pleaser or a sumptuous cake. If you love Korean bulgogi, try this recipe by Chef William Lum. Bon appétit!
Bulgogi Recipe – Grain-fed Beef Rump Cap
“Try the art of smoking to create additional depths of flavour!” – William Lum, Weber Grill Academy Chef
- Rump cap (2 to 3kg)
- 180ml Korean soy sauce
- 40g light brown sugar
- 120g honey
- 120ml rice wine
- 60ml sesame oil
- 80g garlic
- 20g ground black pepper
- 60g spring onion
- 100g Asian pear or kiwifruit, without skin
- Place all the ingredients except the meat into the food processor and blend until fine.
- Add the marinade to the rump cap and leave for three to four hours, turning the meat every hour.
- Remove the meat and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat the grill to 220°C.
- Place meat with the fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce grill temperature to 180°C.
- Roast meat for around 35 minutes longer, until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 65°C for medium well done.
- Remove from grill; let meat rest for 20 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into 1cm thick slices.
- Arrange slices on a plate and serve.
Want to learn more? Check out Weber Grill Academy’s upcoming cooking and grilling classes at weber.com/sg!
Send us a recipe!
If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe and a few words about your dish.
This story first appeared in the August 2021 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase the latest issue or subscribe, so you never miss a copy!