Renting furniture offers fantastic flexibility for many reasons. You might have just moved here and don’t want to make any rash purchasing decisions. Perhaps you’re renovating your home and need some temporary pieces. Then there’s the environmental factor; furniture hire means less waste. If you’re an expat, you might recognise this routine: move into a new house; buy furniture; then pack, sell or give pieces away, and move along to another country. Furniture hire can make things a lot simpler! These furniture rental companies can help you achieve your dream look without fuss, or a huge budget.
WTP The Furniture Company
WTP The Furniture Company carries a mix of styles, from classic to contemporary – or, for something easier on the wallet, you can head to The Outlet, WTP’s budget store-within-a-store, whose offerings have been recently expanded.
Choose to lease just one item or furniture for all rooms. Lease periods range from 12 to 36 months, or you can opt for short-term one-month rentals that can be renewed monthly. You’ll also have access to warranty and maintenance services. If you have something specific in mind, the team can customise the colour, fabric and wood-finishing of your furniture.
Furniture rental tips from WTP’s Naazli Somjee
- If you’re not thinking of buying a piece after leasing, take the chance to try out different or unconventional styles. If you are going to buy, get advice on how the furniture will fit in your current and future home, both from a design and size perspective.
- Take the measurements for the furniture you’re considering and mark those measurements off on the floor using tape. This will help you imagine the right size for a piece when choosing furniture.
Flexisnug offers sustainable, affordable furniture rental to people in Singapore with temporary furnishing needs. High-quality pieces are carefully curated in collaboration with Soul & Tables to reﬂect their values of eco-consciousness and sustainability. Prices are kept competitive due to their relationship with such an established furniture brand, creating a hybrid model of the two synergies – retail and rental.
Flexisnug’s cool website lets you choose furniture by product, room, brand and period of time. Rental periods range from just a single day up to a few years. The company also offers some really handy package options for those who don’t want to spend too much time choosing all the pieces themselves and prefer a turnkey solution.
Furniture rental tips from Flexisnug’s Jonathan Roelandts
- Check how flexible your rental lease is. There’s no penalty for changing the terms of your lease with Flexisnug, for example shortening the rental period. There’s also no penalty for damage resulting from wear and tear. Plus, you can buy the pieces at any time, and all payments already made will be deducted from retail price. Flexibility is very important to our customers and therefore to us!
- If, like us, sustainability is important to you, then be aware of what your furniture hire products are made from. We never work with products like veneer that will need to be disposed after a few rentals, as this defeats the whole purpose. We only select products that can be easily repaired, maintained and touched up, such as solid wood. They can then be rented to different consumers for many years and still be as good as new every time.
Choose from a collection of handcrafted contemporary and rustic wood furniture and accessories at Gallery 278 by Esco Leasing. The team also offers home-styling, space solutions, artwork and home décor selections to help you complete your dream home. You can even have the team spruce up your favourite sofa or table through their re-upholstery and re-finishing services – they’ll look as good as new!
Gallery 278 offers furniture hire options that can be as flexible as anything from a few days (short-term) to years (long-term). You can customise items too; and while you wait you’ll get a complimentary loan of a comparable piece. If you end up loving your rental furniture, you’ll have the option of purchasing it when the lease ends.
Furniture rental tips from Gallery 278’s Felicia Koh
- Even though you’re leasing, it doesn’t mean you have to compromise on style and comfort. Get expert advice on paint colour, furniture configuration, layout and more for the whole package.
- Know your leasing rights and options as different companies offer different terms and conditions in their contracts.
We hope you found this interesting; click here if you’d like to read more.