It’s that time of the year where we get to thank the most important men in our lives, whether that’s our dads or the father of our children! 20 June is D-Day this year and we’ve sussed out some great Father’s Day gift ideas including cool gadgets, funky cufflinks, fitness packages – even cooking classes!
How about some snazzy boxers?
Dads can “Rule The Day” this Fathers’ Day with these trunks in earthy tones. Fancies’ boxer briefs are sustainably and ethically produced by their family atelier in Manisa, Turkey. They’re made of micromodal, a soft cellulose-based fabric that’s breathable and comfortable. The company is involved in the entire production process of the boxers, from sourcing materials and designing to marketing and distributing. A pair goes for $18.50 and a set of three costs $49.95, plus shipping is free worldwide.
The boxer briefs and trunks come in a range of designs and colours, including zebra and leopard prints. Each pair also includes a message for the wearer, from entertaining one-liners such as “I Love My Wife” to motivational quotes. (“You Got This”! They’ll be a fun Father’s Day gift for a husband – or even a daring dad!
Stylish cufflinks for the smart dad
Forbidden Hill’s new 18k Rose Gold Vermeil Ban Zu Cufflinks in Imperial Blue make a stunning gift for the dapper Dad (or hubby). Like all of Forbidden Hill’s cufflink collections, it comes in an elegant cufflink box, perfect for gifting.
Designed in Singapore and made by artisan jewellers in Thailand, the cufflink collections are inspired by the history and cultures of Southeast Asia. The Ban Zu collection, available in 925 Sterling Silver ($195) as well Rose Gold ($305), are a contemporary rendition of motifs found on Chinese ceramics traded in Temasek during the 14th century. The Melaka collection ($215), also made of 925 Sterling Silver, is inspired by the Sultanate of Malacca, which was founded by Iskandar Shah. Both collections come in a range of vibrant colours.
46 Kim Yam Road
Sign him up for a Weber cooking class
Reward your dad or the father of your kids by giving him a fun cooking class this Father’s Day. This unique hands-on experience with Weber’s Grill Academy team will teach him to quickly find his way around the grill and create a delicious meal. He’ll learn how to smoke a wagyu striploin and grill vegetables, as well as a make a warm chocolate lava cake for dessert! Let Dad discover what’s possible on the barbecue with this three-hour Father’s Day Special.
Price:$200 (BYO drinks; no corkage fee)
Date: 18-20 June
Place:Weber Grill Academy, 463 Joo Chiat Road
Bookings:Secure your spot here
The Weber iGrill Mini is an app-connected thermometer that offers precision grilling, every time. The device monitors food “doneness” from beginning to end, and notifies you on your smartphone once it has reached the perfect temperature to serve. Works with any grill. Available for S$117.90 at the website and all Weber stores in Singapore.
3159 8114 | weber.com
Go for some personalised gifts
Alskar is a great website for a range of personalised products you can buy for yourself or as a gift, from water bottles to drink coasters.
For Father’s Day, surprise him with this special 4-in-1 Personalised Gift Box! It includes the following:
- an embossed, lined A5 journal;
- a CYGEN leather business-card wallet;
- an OBSSE Exotic Rollerball Pen;
- a cowhide leather keychain.
All four items are personalised to order and handcrafted using great quality materials and craftsmanship – so they’ll last for years to come. It’s also worth having a look at their site with the rest of the family in mind too!
8893 6818 (call/WhatsApp) | alskar.co
Buy him some bubbly!
Looking for a delicious glass of something to start your evening (or brunch)? This wine distributor recommends Hugo by Stella Angelo ($45), a sparkling white wine with a frisky flavour of summer from natural elderflower aromas. Rooted in old Italian traditions, the light and refreshing aperitif is best enjoyed with a couple of fresh mint leaves, slices of lime and a handful of ice cubes. It’s the perfect cross between white wine and mojito! Keen to continue the celebrations? You can order a case of six for $250.
Shipping is at a flat fee of $15.
Or a keg of beer?
Lion Brewery Co is offering $15 off when you buy a 3-litre keg and draught attachment. You can enjoy freshly poured pints of all-natural craft beer at home. Choose from a range of beer styles including Jolly Good Stout, English Bitter, German Kolsch, Paradise Saison, the Lion’s signature Straits Pale Ale and more.
Enjoy the best of draught beer at home! Order from lionbreweryco.com.
For the bookworm in the house
If he loves reading, why not get him a cool ebook-reader for his Father’s Day present? Rakuten Kobo offers a great range that comes with the latest tech, including long battery life and a host of customisable settings. With libraries closed until further notice, it’ll come in handy, as users can borrow, put on hold and return free ebooks directly on the device using NLB OverDrive. With Kobo’s latest “Stay Home and Read” initiative, you can also download free and discounted ebooks from the Kobo e-Bookstore.
What to choose
- Ergonomic and lightweight, the Kobo Forma ($399.90) is the brand’s most comfortable e-reader. It’s fully waterproof, so great for a casual read in the pool or tub. The device also comes with adjustable front-light that reduces blue-light exposure, so it’s easier on the eyes.
- Coming in black or white, the Kobo Libra H2O has a seven-inch high-definition glare-free touchscreen for easy reading. Pair it with a colourful cover (black, grey, rose, or aqua) that can also be used to prop up the device on tables. Special offer: Available until 21 June for $249.90 ($279.90) at courts.com.sg, Hachi.tech, Lazada and Shopee
- The Kobo Clara HD ($199.90) offers readers a print-like reading experience on its high-definition screen. It has 8GB worth of storage and can carry up to 6,000 ebooks!
Get them at selected Challenger and Courts stores, Mustafa, PariSilk or online.
Headphones and speakers are always a good idea!
Carrying a wide variety of gadgets such as headphones and home theatre speakers, Bowers & Wilkins are the official headphones and loudspeaker partners of famous Abbey Road Studios. It’s a great place to find a cool Father’s Day gift.
What to choose
- The PX7 headphones ($619) come with handy proximity sensors and 30 hours of play after just one charge. These noise-cancelling, over-ear headphones offer crisp sound thanks to aptX adaptive Bluetooth technology.
- The Formation Wedge ($1380) has a unique elliptical speaker shape, with performance tweeters, drivers and an integrated subwoofer.
- The Formation Bar ($1800) is a three-channel home theatre system with 96/24 bit high-resolution stereo sound. It comes with nine optimised performance drivers and a dedicated centre channel.
- With a tweeter-on-top design, the Formation Duo ($6200) is equipped with the Continuu Cone from B&W 800 Series and high-resolution streaming audio.
He’ll look cool in a tailor-made suit!
For his Father’s Day gift, send him to have a bespoke suit and shirt made at The Prestigious Bespoke. The team is helmed by Master Tailor and university lecturer Thomas Wong, who has been in the industry for almost 60 years. There’s also Savile Row tailor Rory Duffy; he’s a mentor and co-technical director (previously a coat maker at Henry Poole and lecturer at Parsons School of Fashion).
From design and hand-drafting to sewing, the entire production process is completed at their boutique. You’ll find a wide range of fabrics to choose from, including labels such as Piacenza, Loro Piana, and Holland and Sherry. With two fittings, an initial consultation and collection, a suit will take around six to eight weeks to complete. A shirt takes about two weeks for new customers and one week for returning ones. The tailor who measures during the first appointment is the same one who makes the suit and organises fittings.
Get him some spiffy new kicks
Singaporean shoemakers W.h.y & Co carry a wide range of comfortable, stylish shoes for men. Each pair is hand-painted and crafted from leather sourced from French tanneries. They also send creams and brushes to help keep the shoes in tip-top shape. Get him looking cool this Father’s Day!
What to choose
- Available in tan, the versatile Edward is a classic derby with intricate brogues. It’s great for both formal and casual affairs and comes with an “open-lace” construction.
- Fitted with oxford cap-toes, the Hugo comes in black and pairs well with formal business wear.
- Coming in tan and wine, the Yong is a minimalist and elegant derby. The wine shade is a great substitute for the usual browns.
- The Jay penny loafers are easy and quick to slip on – perfect for everyday wearing. Sharp and stylish, they’re available in coffee, black and light blue.
Which guy doesn’t like a new set of toys?
Hacienda Blue offers a great collection of bone-inlay furniture and other home products. Besides trays, photo frames and accessories, there’s also a range of hardware products that are great for Fathers’ Day gifts, including bike repair kits and barbecue tools from Gentlemen’s Hardware.
What to choose
- Bone inlay coasters ($35) not only look great but are handy for protecting tables from spills or cup ring marks. They come in a set of four.
- Print out a fun photo and slip it into one of the store’s photo frames (from $35) for dad or hubby’s table. Featuring bone inlay, they come in various colours and sizes.
- Handcrafted by skilled artisans, the store’s trays (from $55) are great to hold knickknacks or even bottles of wine and whisky. Get them in different sizes and designs.
- There’s also an assortment of games from Ridley’s Games (from $25) that come packaged in geometric boxes. They include charades, backgammon and poker.
A healthy hamper to show that you care
Surprise dad or hubby with a basket of treats from Gift Hampers this Father’s Day! There is a good variety of gift options, from yummy snacks to fruit and wine.
What to choose
- Packed with bite-sized cookies, crisps, dried cranberries and organic tea, the Bitesize Goodness Hamper ($99) is great for fathers who enjoy a tasty but healthy snack. It’ll have him all set for a relaxing tea break.
- Or, if your man prefers a glass of vino, go for the Deluxe Fruit Hamper with Corporate Wine ($139). Presented in a woven basket, it includes a variety of fruit, including apples, kiwis, oranges, pears and grapes. You’ll also get to pick a bottle of Italian or French wine (Bordeaux Rouge and Accademia Lambrusco).
- The Simplicity Hamper ($99) comes with delish biscuits from the UK and New Zealand as well as two sets of traditional Essence of Chicken drinks for a nutrition boost.
Or pop a couple of corks!
Wine is always a great gift for Father’s Day, and Cellarmaster Wines is having an online sale of up to 55 percent off all bottles. Check out some of the offerings.
What to choose
- Something Spanish, perhaps? The Pago de Los Capellanes from Ribera del Duero ($55, usual price: $77) has a velvety texture and beautiful persistence.
- Or opt for the silky mousse, elegance and finesse of Champagne Philipponnat Royale Reserve NV ($49.90, usual price; $108).
- If dad or hubby is a serious wine drinker, they’ll love using the hand-blown Riedel Black Tie Amadeo Decanter ($539, usual price: $770). Shaped like a lyre, it’s easy to use and beautifully made.
- The store is also offering 30% off all items in the Riedel Bar glassware collection. A great option includes the art nouveau-inspired Louis Whisky Tumbler and Decanter Gift Set (set of three; $230, usual price $329).
If he’s a fitness junkie or needs a bit of a push
If the guy in your life (or even your dad) enjoys working out, sign him up for sessions with ATP Personal Training. Offering one-on-one training, the company has a large segment of its customer base in the over-40 and over-50 demographics. The team helps individuals by understanding their history and circumstances, and coming up with realistic steps to achieve their fitness goals. It begins with an initial consultation, where trainers create customised nutrition and activity plans. The training is holistic and goes beyond physical transformation, including enhanced performance and health.
During the process, trainers at ATP will track body composition, body weight, exercise performance and health markers and also document progress through photos and videos. They also work with individuals to resolve previous fitness issues, and ensure that gym equipment is properly used to avoid injury. Outside training hours, trainees can contact their personal coach through WhatsApp or email for advice and support.
Who says guys can’t do pilates? Sign dad or hubby up for classes at OptionsPilates, and we’re sure they’ll be hooked in no time. The primary focus of these workouts is on postural muscles, which are essential for balance and to maintain energy throughout the day. They’re also helpful in preventing backaches and other pain caused by weak posture. A common misconception is that pilates is only for women or not “real” exercise – in fact, the Options instructors love showing male clients just how taxing these exercises can be!
Men particularly enjoy the studio’s mat pilates group classes, one-on-one sessions and Jungle Sports groups – especially the latter. Jungle Sports groups offer suspension training that focuses on stimulating and strengthening the muscular and neuromuscular system. They’re also great for those hoping to enhance their sporting performance. The classes work well as individual exercise routines as well as additions to other workouts. Many of the studio’s male customers continue classes for the long term once they experience the benefits of a stronger back, neck and core.
Looking for more for guys?