It’s that time of the year where we get to thank the most important men in our lives! Father’s Day is on 21 June, and we’ve sussed out some gift ideas including cool gadgets, funky cufflinks and wines that can be sent right to his doorstep. Want to treat dad or hubby to a special meal? We’ve got plenty of dining deals on our site too. Read on!
Stylish cuffs for the smart dad
Inspired by the history and cultures of Southeast Asia, Forbidden Hill’s striking cufflink collections make a great gift for Father’s Day. Coming in elegant gift boxes, they’re designed in Singapore and made by artisan jewellers in Thailand.
There are three collections to choose from: the Melaka collection ($215) inspired by the Sultanate of Malacca, founded by Iskandar Shah; the Ban Zu collection ($195), influenced by motifs found on Chinese ceramics traded in Temasek during the 14th century; and the Hoi An collection ($135), named after the Vietnamese port town famous for its colourful lanterns. The Melaka and Ban Zu collections are made from 925 sterling silver with resin insets, while the Hoi An collection is made from rhodium-plated metal with resin insets to capture the colour and reflections of the town’s charming lanterns.
46 Kim Yam Road
If you have a bookworm in the house
If Dad or hubby loves reading, why not get him a cool ebook-reader this Father’s Day? Rakuten Kobo offers a great range that comes with the latest tech, including long battery life and a host of customisable settings. With libraries closed until further notice, it’ll come in handy as users can borrow, put on hold and return free ebooks directly on the device using NLB OverDrive. With Kobo’s latest “Stay Home and Read” initiative, readers can also download free and discounted ebooks from the Kobo e-Bookstore.
What to choose
- Ergonomic and lightweight, the Kobo Forma ($399.90) is said to be the brand’s most comfortable e-reader. It’s fully waterproof so it’s great for a casual read in the pool or tub. The device also comes with adjustable front-light that reduces blue-light exposure, making it easier on the eyes.
- Coming in black or white, the Kobo Libra H2O ($249.90, originally $279.90 – from 7 to 21 June at courts.com.sg, Hachi.tech, Lazada and Shopee) has a seven-inch high-definition glare-free touchscreen for easy reading. It can be paired with colourful covers (black, grey, rose, or aqua) that can also be used to prop up the device on tables.
- The Kobo Clara HD ($199.90) offers readers a print-like reading experience on its high-definition screen. It has 8GB worth of storage and can carry up to 6,000 ebooks!
Get them at selected Challenger and Courts stores, Mustafa, PariSilk or online.
How about some snazzy boxers?
Fancies’ boxer briefs are sustainably and ethically produced by their family atelier in Manisa, Turkey. They’re made of micromodal, a soft cellulose-based fabric that’s breathable and comfortable. The company is involved in the entire production process of the boxers, from sourcing materials and designing to marketing and distributing. The upshot? They can keep prices low and pass on the savings to customers. A pair goes for $18.50 and a set of three costs $49.95, plus shipping is free worldwide.
There are four collections to choose from – Cheeky, I Love My, Pump It Up and Passion – which come in a range of designs and colours, including zebra and leopard prints. Each pair also includes a message for the wearer, from entertaining one-liners to motivational quotes. They’ll be a great and practical gift for hubby – or even a fun-loving dad!
Deal! Quote “EL10” and get 10% off your order.
Or a wardrobe update?
Superdry carries loads of great clothing and accessories for guys, from t-shirts and polo tees to shorts and jackets. Here are some options that dad and hubby will love.
What to choose
- Great for warm weather, the Miami Loom Short Sleeve Shirt ($99) is made of 100% cotton and comes in black and grey. The button-down has a tropical floral print design and a handy chest pocket.
- The Core Cargo Shorts ($119) can be paired nicely with a more formal long-sleeve top or a tee for a casual day out. Find it in a variety of colours and camouflage patterns.
- Made from organic cotton, the Vintage Logo T-Shirt ($69) comes with a ribbed crew neckline and short sleeves. Available in black, navy and grey.
- The comfy Classic Superdry Pool Sliders ($49) are easy to slip on and come in three colours: white, navy and red.
Get them online or at their Mandarin Gallery, VivoCity, Funan or Suntec City stores.
Headphones and speakers are always a good idea!
Carrying a wide variety of gadgets such as headphones and home theatre speakers, Bowers & Wilkins are the official headphones and loudspeaker partners of famous Abbey Road Studios. It’s a great place to find a cool gift for the guys in your life.
What to choose
- The PX7 headphones ($619) come with handy proximity sensors and 30 hours of play after just one charge. These noise-cancelling, over-ear headphones offer crisp sound thanks to aptX adaptive Bluetooth technology.
- Offering a high-resolution listening experience, the Formation Wedge ($1380) has a unique elliptical speaker shape, with performance tweeters, drivers and an integrated subwoofer.
- The Formation Bar ($1800) is a three-channel home theatre system with 96/24 bit high-resolution stereo sound. It comes with nine optimised performance drivers and a dedicated centre channel.
- With a tweeter-on-top design, the Formation Duo ($6200) is equipped with the Continuu Cone from B&W 800 Series and high-resolution streaming audio.
He’ll look cool in a tailor-made suit!
Send dad or hubby to have a bespoke suit and shirt made at The Prestigious Bespoke. The team is helmed by Master Tailor and university lecturer Thomas Wong, who has been in the industry for almost 60 years. They also have Savile Row tailor Rory Duffy as a mentor and co-technical director (previously a coat maker at Henry Poole and lecturer at Parsons School of Fashion).
From design and hand-drafting to sewing, the entire production process is completed at their boutique. You’ll find a wide range of fabrics to choose from, including labels such as Piacenza, Loro Piana, and Holland and Sherry. With two fittings, an initial consultation and collection, a suit will take around six to eight weeks to complete. A shirt takes about two weeks for new customers and one week for returning ones. The tailor who measures during the first appointment is the same one who makes the suit and organises fittings.
Deal! Throughout June, enjoy $800 off any pure wool suit.
Get him some spiffy new kicks
Singaporean shoemakers W.h.y & Co. carry a wide range of comfortable and stylish shoes for men. Each pair is hand-painted and crafted, and made of leather sourced from tanneries in France. They also send creams and brushes to help keep the shoes in tip-top shape. Here are some great picks this Father’s Day!
What to choose
- Available in tan, the versatile Edward is a classic derby with intricate brogues. It’s great for both formal and casual affairs and comes with an “open-lace” construction.
- Fitted with oxford cap-toes, the Hugo comes in black and pairs well with formal business wear.
- Coming in tan and wine, the Yong is a minimalist and elegant derby. The wine shade is a great substitute for the usual browns.
- The Jay penny loafers are easy and quick to slip on – perfect for everyday wearing. Sharp and stylish, they’re available in coffee, black and light blue.
Which guy doesn’t like a new set of toys?
Hacienda Blue offers a great collection of bone-inlay furniture and other home products. Besides trays, photo frames and accessories, there’s also a range of hardware products, including bike repair kits and barbecue tools from Gentlemen’s Hardware.
What to choose
- Bone inlay coasters ($35) not only look great but are handy for protecting tables from spills or cup ring marks. They come in a set of four.
- Print out a fun photo and slip it into one of the store’s photo frames (from $35) for dad or hubby’s table. Featuring bone inlay, they come in various colours and sizes.
- Handcrafted by skilled artisans, the store’s trays (from $55) are great to hold knickknacks or even bottles of wine and whisky. Get them in different sizes and designs.
- There’s also an assortment of games from Ridley’s Games (from $25) that come packaged in geometric boxes. They include charades, backgammon and poker.
A healthy hamper to show that you care
Surprise dad or hubby with a basket of treats from Gift Hampers this Father’s Day! There is a good variety of gift options, from yummy snacks to fruit and wine.
What to choose
- Packed with bite-sized cookies, crisps, dried cranberries and organic tea, the Bitesize Goodness Hamper ($99) is great for fathers who enjoy a tasty but healthy snack. It’ll have him all set for a relaxing tea break.
- Or, if your man prefers a glass of vino, go for the Deluxe Fruit Hamper with Corporate Wine ($139). Presented in a woven basket, it includes a variety of fruit, including apples, kiwis, oranges, pears and grapes. You’ll also get to pick a bottle of Italian or French wine (Bordeaux Rouge and Accademia Lambrusco).
- The Simplicity Hamper ($99) comes with delish biscuits from the UK and New Zealand as well as two sets of traditional Essence of Chicken drinks for a nutrition boost.
Or pop a couple of corks
Wine is always a great gift for Father’s Day, and Cellarmaster Wines is having an online sale of up to 55 percent off all bottles. Check out some of the offerings.
What to choose
- Something Spanish, perhaps? The Pago de Los Capellanes from Ribera del Duero ($55, usual price: $77) has a velvety texture and beautiful persistence.
- Or opt for the silky mousse, elegance and finesse of Champagne Philipponnat Royale Reserve NV ($49.90, usual price; $108).
- If dad or hubby is a serious wine drinker, they’ll love using the hand-blown Riedel Black Tie Amadeo Decanter ($539, usual price: $770). Shaped like a lyre, it’s easy to use and beautifully made.
- The store is also offering 30% off all items in the Riedel Bar glassware collection. A great option includes the art nouveau-inspired Louis Whisky Tumbler and Decanter Gift Set (set of three) ($230, usual price: $329)
Let dad stay safe in style!
CYC Made to Measure has launched a limited edition gift pack ($50) for Father’s Day this year. It includes two of the tailor’s best-selling Egyptian cotton masks (navy and black, two sizes, worth $40) and one bottle of ViroQ spray (worth $35), an antiviral coating solution. Before wearing the masks, users can spray the exterior for extra protection. The masks and spray come with a reusable fabric pouch to store them in.
If he’s a fitness junkie or needs a bit of a push
If the guy in your life (or even your dad) enjoys working out, sign him up for sessions with ATP Personal Training. Offering one-on-one training, the company has a large segment of its customer base in the over-40 and over-50 demographics. The team helps individuals by understanding their history and circumstances, and coming up with realistic steps to achieve their fitness goals. It begins with an initial consultation, where trainers create customised nutrition and activity plans. The training is holistic and goes beyond physical transformation, including enhanced performance and health.
During the process, trainers at ATP will track body composition, body weight, exercise performance and health markers and also document progress through photos and videos. They also work with individuals to resolve previous fitness issues, and ensure that gym equipment is properly used to avoid injury. Outside training hours, trainees can contact their personal coach through WhatsApp or email for advice and support.
Who says guys can’t do pilates? Sign dad or hubby up for classes at OptionsPilates, and we’re sure they’ll be hooked in no time. The primary focus of these workouts is on postural muscles, which are essential for balance and to maintain energy throughout the day. They’re also helpful in preventing backaches and other pain caused by weak posture. A common misconception is that pilates is only for women or not real exercise – in fact, the Options instructors love showing male clients just how taxing these exercises can be!
Men particularly enjoy the studio’s mat pilates group classes, one-on-one sessions and Jungle Sports groups – especially the latter. Jungle Sports groups offer suspension training that focuses on stimulating and strengthening the muscular and neuromuscular system. They’re also great for those hoping to enhance their sporting performance. The classes work well as individual exercise routines as well as additions to other workouts. Many of the studio’s male customers continue classes for the long-term once they experience the benefits of a stronger back, neck and core.
The perfect pocket pal
Perfect for the man that’s constantly on the go, Klipsch T5 True Wireless earphones ($269) are designed to give users true independence, comfort and clarity to take calls and listen on the go. The T5 True Wireless gets up to eight hours of battery life from a single charge, and an additional 24 hours from its brushed-metal charging case. Additional features include four Clear Voice Chat, microphones for crystal clear calls and ambient noise reduction, all-new Bluetooth 5 battery efficient chipset for increased signal and range, newly designed snap-fit oval ear tips for ultimate comfort, and USB-C charging. Plus, the earphones are digital-assistant ready!
As with all Klipsch in-ear headphones, each Klipsch T5 series of earphones are part of Klipsch’s True Comfort design, featuring a combination of the brand’s patented oval ear tips, small nozzle, patented housing designs and approach angles so they accurately sit inside the ear canal. The soft oval silicon tips reduce ear fatigue, while providing ultimate comfort and an excellent seal for noise isolation and superior bass.
Best news yet? We’re giving away 2 pairs of Klipsch T5 True Wireless earphones for 2 lucky fathers! Click HERE to stand a chance to win. The competition closes on 19 June, so hurry and enter now!
Looking for more for guys?