Here’s a really easy chicken recipe from Nick Mitchell’s new cookbook, The Ultimate Performance Cookbook. It includes over 190 recipes – from breakfast, salads and side dishes, to desserts, shakes and plant-based and vegan dishes. Happy cooking and eating!
“This recipe is one of my firm favourites from my book. The wonderful flavours and crispy fried chicken texture really make it taste like an indulgence, but I get that extra satisfaction from knowing that it fits perfectly into my balanced diet.”
– Nick Mitchell, founder and CEO of Ultimate Performance
- 500g chicken thighs
- 50g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg
- Trim off any excess fat from the chicken thighs.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the rice flour, onion salt, garlic powder, paprika, white pepper and black pepper.
- Dip the chicken thighs into the egg mix one at a time.
- Place the coated chicken thighs into the mixing bowl with the seasoning blend and completely coat each piece. Place on a lined baking tray and season with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius until the chicken thighs are golden brown and cooked through. Flip them halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Tip: Serve with sweet potato fries or salad!
Now available at Ultimate Performance Singapore (8 Cross Street) and on Amazon, the 320-pager also explains Nick’s rules for sustainable healthy eating, his tried-and-tested formula for creating the optimal “body transformation meal”, and meal plan examples.
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
This article first appeared in the April 2020 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase a copy or subscribe so you never miss an issue!
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.