Homemade muffins make a great lunchbox addition, a perfect after-school snack or a lovely morning tea treat. These apple blueberry muffins are healthy and delicious, as 10-year-old British expat Olivia Thacker explains. “This is an easy recipe to make, and I like that the apples inside the muffins go soft and juicy in the oven. The dried blueberries also give the muffins a bit of crunch!”
• 250g plain flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 120g light brown sugar
• 125ml honey
• 125ml vegetable oil
• 60ml natural yoghurt
• 2 eggs
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
• 75g dried blueberries
1. In a mixing bowl (or standing mixer), whisk together the sugar, honey, vegetable oil, yoghurt, eggs and vanilla extract.
2. Fold in the flour and baking powder.
3. Add in the apple and blueberries.
4. Spoon the batter into a twelve-muffin case. Then, bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes until light brown or golden on the top
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Want more delicious recipes?