It’s difficult to go completely plastic-free but trying to reduce single-use plastic should be a priority. Most of us know to say no to straws or take-away cutlery, but let’s look at some long-term solutions. Here are some tips for beginners and products available in Singapore to make your transition go smoothly – and, dare we say, stylishly too!
For eating and drinking
- DaCool Insulated Lunch Container – stainless-steel vacuum bento lunch box for kids and adults, with spoon
- Reusable Travel Utensils Cutlery Set – includes chopsticks!
- Ezprogear Stainless Steel Travel Tumbler Vacuum Insulated Mug
- Stainless Steel Straws – including ones for bubble tea, yum!
- Hydro Cell Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Straw
Most of us have moved from countries that have already banned plastic bags and are now used to bringing our own. However, it’s not just the bags at the end of the check-out we need to think of. It’s also the smaller ones like bags for vegetables, fruit and generally any unnecessarily wrapped objects.
For the bathroom
- Eco-Friendly Bamboo Toothbrush Set – four engraved toothbrushes, bamboo travel case and charcoal bamboo dental floss
- Ethique Eco-Friendly Deodorant Bar – check out their other products, like shampoo, conditioner and makeup remover bars
- Bamboo Organic Reusable Makeup Remover Pads, Makeup Flawless Blending Sponge, Cotton Laundry Bag – washable and eco-friendly pads and soft, latex-free sponges for all skin types
- Weishi Nostalgic Long-handle Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor
- Bamboo Toothbrush Set for Kids – four biodegradable toothbrushes and two panda suction toothbrush holders
- Saalt Soft Menstrual Cup – super soft, flexible and sensitive cup; can be worn for 12 hours
- Wowe Natural Biodegradable Peace Silk Dental Floss – with mint-flavoured wax and refillable stainless steel container
- SuperBee Eco Set – plastic-free set including beeswax wrap, bamboo toothbrush, produce bags, bamboo straws with coconut bristle brush and toothpaste tabs
For more helpful tips, head to our Living in Singapore section.