By: Susannah Jaffer, Photography by Michael Bernabe
How do we like to feel after a good workout? Sweaty? Check. Still stylish? You bet. Spice up your fitness wardrobe with new active-wear that looks so good, you’ll want to wear it outside your gym or boot camp session, too!
If fast-paced sports like running or high-intensity classes are your thing, you can still look fresh while working up a sweat by mixing pops of bold colour with neutral tones. When shopping, pick out designs with features like mesh or knit panelling that help keep key sweat points cool.
- Cool Racerback grey top, Lululemon Athletica, $72
- Energy Bra, Lululemon Athletica, $78
- Speed Short, Lululemon Athletica, $92
- Free RN Distance trainers, Nike, $209
- White tank top, Adidas, $45
- Pro Classic padded bra, Nike, $59
- Flyknit Racer, Nike, $249
- Women’s Legendary Fabric Twist Veneer Tights, Nike, $159
- Run All Day backpack, Lululemon Athletica, $198 – An interior mesh fabric pocket keeps any sweaty workout gear separate from the rest of your items. Clever!
Do your sun salutations and crow pose in style with these cheerful prints. A handy tip: use patterns to your advantage to highlight parts of your body you want to show off. On the flip side, opt for darker colours for areas you want to appear slimmer.
- Swiftly racerback top, Lululemon Athletica, $78
- White sports bra, Cotton On, $29.95
- Top, Cotton On, $29.95
- Comfort bra, Uniqlo, $29.90
- Studio Wrap 4 women’s trainers, Nike, $79
- Water bottle infuser, Cotton On, $11.95
- Wunder Under crop leggings, Lululemon Athletica, $138
- Black mesh shorts, Uniqlo, $29.90
- Yoga mat, Lululemon Athletica, $78
Spinning class calls for short-shorts as well as chest support designed for fast movement. High-waisted shorts or ones with a body-fitting under-layer are big confidence boosters
- Response Cup tank top, Adidas, $39
- Shorts, H&M, $29.90
- Small gym bag, Adidas x Stella McCartney, $199
- Ta Ta Tamer II sports bra, Lululemon Athletica, $98
- CoolSwitch tank top, Under Armour, $59
- Sculpt Short, Lululemon Athletica, $98
- Ultra Boost trainers, Adidas x Stella McCartney, $329
Mix up traditional tennis whites with pops of fluorescent hues, or opt for a stylish two-piece dress. Mesh fabrics and linings will help keep you cool on and off the court.
- Barricade tennis dress, Adidas x Stella McCartney, $149
- Run visor, Lululemon Athletica, $48
- Mesh zip hoodie, Uniqlo, $39.90 Sports bra, Cotton On, $29.95
- Water bottle, Lululemon Athletica, $30
- Ignite Ultimate trainers, Puma, $199
- Cut Mesh Track Short Skort, Uniqlo, $29.90
For more great fashion ideas visit our style & beauty page!