Salmon Ravioli with Herbed Beurre Blanc
Bite sized and delicious with ricotta, chives, sun-dried tomatoes and dill. These raviolis will have your crowd raving in no time, and asking for more.
120g salmon fillet, skinned and cubed
1 heaped tablespoon ricotta cheese 1 tablespoon chopped dill
1 tablespoon chopped chives
8 sheets fresh lasagna
1 egg, beaten
30g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
For the beurre blanc:
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice or white vinegar
4 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons cream
200g cold butter, cut into about 10g pieces
salt and pepper
½ tablespoon finely chopped chives
1 teaspoon finely chopped dill
1. Lightly process the salmon, ricotta, herbs, black pepper and a little salt in a food processor.
2. Lay out four lasagne sheets on a flat surface, top with equal portions of salmon mixture. Brush the edges of the sheets with beaten egg, top with another sheet of lasagna and press the edges to seal up the parcel.
3. Poach the ravioli parcels in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain well and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, cook the shallots in the lemon juice or vinegar and wine in a small, heavy saucepan on low heat about two tablespoons of liquid remains. Stir in the cream, bring to a boil on higher heat, and reduce the liquid by half. Lower the heat and whisk in the butter piece by piece. If pan gets too hot, lift off the heat from time to time.
5. Add the herbs and place the ravioli parcels back into the sauce to re-heat for about one minute.
6. Spoon ravioli onto serving plate and pour sauce over it.
7. Garnish with chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Recipe contributed by Small Cooks Big Meals