In case you’re stuck in a recipe rut, here’s a fail-safe favourite to add to your repertoire this month. Try making this sweet treat that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. Happy cooking and eating!
Serves up to 8
From: Sarab Kapoor, Indian
- 250g Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese
- 226g tub of Cool Whip topping
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 20 fresh lychees, peeled and chopped
- Mint leaves for garnish
- 1 punnet strawberries (chop a cupful of them for the coulis; slice the remaining strawberries to layer with the mousse)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Beat the cream cheese and caster sugar, add half the chopped lychees and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the CoolWhip and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. While the mousse is chilling, make a coulis by blending the cup of chopped strawberries with the icing sugar.
- Layer the mousse in parfait glasses with the sliced strawberries and remaining lychees, and garnish with mint leaves. Serve with the coulis.
You can get all of the ingredients for this dessert at Cold Storage!
We have loads more great recipes and dinner party inspiration!
This article first appeared in the Feburary 2017 edition of Expat Living Singapore. Subscribe now!
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.