Looking for a quick and easy steak recipe to add to the weekly dinner menu? This delicious pan-fried rib-eye with mushrooms, bacon and a sprinkling of peppercorns (recipe courtesy of Huber’s Butchery), is a great go-to!
Pan-fried rib-eye steak with sautéed veggies and bacon
This recipe serves two
- 2 pieces of Australian grain-fed rib-eye steak, 250g each
- 50g unsalted butter
- A few pinches of coarsely crushed black peppercorn
- A few pinches of sea salt
- Olive oil
- 250g small white button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 200g bacon, chopped into 5mm dice
- 300g baby onions, small shallots or pearl onions 1 packet Italian parsley Instructions for steak
Instructions for cooking the perfect steak:
- Season steaks with sea salt and coarsely crushed black peppercorns.
- Heat some olive oil in a hot frying pan, and wait until it smokes slightly before placing the steaks in. Let the steaks cook undisturbed.
- Add some butter; turn the steaks over and let them sear.
Instructions for sautéed onions, bacon and mushrooms:
- Peel onions and simmer in water. Add salt and pepper. Cover and let cook for about five minutes until softened; then drain.
- Blanch bacon in just enough water to cover; bring to a boil and then drain.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on high heat. Add the bacon first, and fry lightly to colour.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, and sauté.
- Toss a few times until all the ingredients are well mixed and softened.
- Finish with a handful of chopped parsley.
- Serve with steak, or even on top of it!
We would like to thank the following partner for sharing this recipe with us:
22 Dempsey Road
6737 1588 | hubers.com.sg
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.