Whether it’s the effect of moving to Singapore or just this stage in life, I have the general misfortune of suffering from adult acne, which prevents me from using moisturisers and anything remotely oily. And while I realise that this isn’t the end of the world, I can’t pretend that missing out on all the anti-aging potions and lotions as I approach 30 is a bit rubbish.
Enter the new DPL photo facial – for anti-aging and adult acne. It’s one of The Body Firm’s latest treatments and I was begging to give it a go. ‘Tackling my spots while fixing a few lines in the process? It doesn’t get much better than that,’ I thought, as I skipped into Delfi Orchard last week.
It turned out that it did get better than that – it was the most relaxing afternoon I’ve had all month.
Here’s a short version of the 90-minute treatment…
– A point massage, across the shoulders, neck and face. Mmm
– Deep cleansing and exfoliation, to shift any pesky dirt
– 15-minute session of the DPL/Photo treatment. This is a combination of IPL and laser, which sends high-energy, but low-density pulse (known as D-light) into the skin. It’s most commonly used for pigmentation, melisma, acne and permanent hair removal (hair removal on the body, not during this facial). And it’s very comfortable – you can just feel a bright light behind the eye guards
– Tone, tone, tone that skin
– A face massage, using rose cream. Mmm
– A thick face mask to suit your skin-type – I had a tingly, lavender cooling mask to tone down the redness of my acne
– Shoulder oil massage. Mmm
– Eyebrow shaping. Awesome!
– A comforting hot neck mask. Short nap: optional
– Tone, tone, tone that skin again and off you go!
I left The Body Firm feeling as if I was wearing a new face – one that I actually didn’t want to take back to the store. The redness had calmed, my skin was squeaky clean and my pores were unclogged and tightened. I’m not sure whether I look much younger just yet, but every little helps and I’ll certainly be heading back to continue the sessions (and even when I’m looking young and spot-free, I’ll probably just go for the various massages!).
The all-important details
Where: The Body Firm, 402 Orchard Road, Delfi Orchard #04-20, 238876
When: Monday – Friday 10 am – 8:30 pm. Saturday 9 am – 5 pm
How much: $288 for 90 minutes (The Body Firm also offers more affordable facials for all sorts of skin types and aims if you’re watching the pennies – check out the menu)
More info: (65) 6838 0331