Miso Glazed Salmon, by Expat Kitchen: Serves 4
4 salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
¼ cup white miso paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons mirin
Spring onion curls to garnish
Olive oil spray
– Dry-fry sesame seeds and set aside to cool.
– Preheat grill to high.
– In a bowl, whisk together miso, sugar, vinegar, soy and mirin.
– Spray both sides of fish with olive oil spray.
– Line baking tray with parchment paper, place salmon fillets face down and grill for 3 minutes or to your liking.
– Turn right-side-up and grill for 3 more minutes.
– Remove from grill and place a large dollop of miso sauce mixture on each piece of each salmon. Spread with back of spoon.
– Return to grill for 2 minutes until miso sauce is slightly charred.
– Sprinkle with spring onion curls and sesame seeds.
Serve with steamed rice (or mashed potato), broccoli and carrots, and drizzle over any leftover miso sauce.
Psst! Don’t fancy cooking? Check out our round up of Japanese restaurants in Singapore here instead!