Love Avocados? Try this recipe for crispy prawn and avocado tostadas with an Asian twist – Happy cooking and eating!
Serves 3 to 4
- 8 wonton skins
- 24 prawns
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 120g tomatoes, diced
- 60g shallots, sliced
- 1 to 2 chilli padi, chopped
- ½ handful cilantro (coriander), chopped
- Juice from ½ lime Ingredients for guacamole
- 1 Hass avocado, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place shelled prawns in a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2. To make the guacamole, add the avocado, cilantro, onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mash and mix well.
3. In another bowl, add diced tomatoes, shallots, chilli padi, cilantro and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
4. In a flat pan, pan-fry the marinated prawns until lightly browned and cooked. Set aside.
5. In a pot with enough oil for deep frying, deep fry the wonton skins until crispy.
6. To assemble the tostadas, set a layer of wonton skin, then add a layer of guacamole and prawns, and top with the pickled tomato mixture. Serve and enjoy
This quick and delish recipe for Asian-inspired tostadas was created by popular cooking channel The MeatMen for Australian Avocados.
For more recipes, visit australianavocados.com.au.
This article first appeared in the August 2021 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase the latest issue or subscribe, so you never miss a copy!
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.