We had a wonderful stay at what is touted as one of the best hotels in London – The Lanesborough Hotel. The suites of this grand old property are heavenly, and we even saw a couple of famous people at breakfast! Apparently, it was a favourite hangout of Princess Di. If you’re thinking of a London Christmas, or New Year, there’s a few offers on.
Best hotel in London?
The bedrooms definitely make you feel like you’re in Bridgerton – there was even a Bridgerton-themed afternoon tea available when we were there. The well-known Lanesborough Grill has a Michelin-starred chef in Shay Cooper, and an equally celebrated cocktail destination, The Library Bar. The latter has great cocktails and a “liquid museum” of spirits with the atmosphere of a private club. Other dining options include The Withdrawing Room – ideal for a leisurely afternoon tea – and The Garden Room, which has an outdoor covered terrace.
Our Junior Executive Suite had views to Wellington Arch in Hyde Park Corner. The rooms and suites are all grand, and they go up to a Presidential Suite and even The Royal Suite – it’s 450 square metres, with seven bedrooms and bathrooms, and looks across to Buckingham Palace.
The Lanesborough Club & Spa includes a large spa pool, gym and a range of beauty and wellbeing treatments. Children are welcome too and can enjoy activities and experiences that form part of the Little VIP Club.
London’s shopping districts Knightsbridge and Bond Street are just down the road, and famous stores such as Harrods and Harvey Nichols – we had great fun exploring them. Hyde Park is your back garden and St James’s Park and Buckingham Palace are a short stroll away. It’s a fabulous spot to explore this great city.
All guests get a dedicated 24-hour butler service, plus complimentary fresh fruit and water replenished daily, complimentary Wi-Fi, free calls to the UK, Europe and North America, and unlimited movies and music on demand.
Special offers for a London Christmas
The Lanesborough was lovely in summer but apparently it’s at its most magical during the festive season, with Christmas décor as well as a warm cosy bar. Whether for an end-of-year shopping break or a wellness escape, have a look at just a couple of the upcoming offers below, or plan ahead for next year. It’s perfect for that special anniversary, engagement or even just a celebration of life!
A London Christmas – Festive Shop & Stay
- Daily English breakfast served in-room, at The Lanesborough Grill or The Lanesborough Club & Spa restaurant
- Christmas Gift Concierge Service in partnership with Harvey Nichols, which includes in-store or in-suite private shopping, a dedicated personal shopping consultant, gift wrapping and more
- Transfer from the hotel to Harvey Nichols in one of the hotel’s chauffeur-driven cars
- Collection of your Harvey Nichols shopping by your personal butler, delivered to your room or suite
- Festive welcome treat on arrival
New Year’s Eve in Residence Offer
- Five-course New Year’s Eve dinner with a glass of Champagne served at The Lanesborough Grill with live entertainment
- A bottle of Moët & Chandon served in your room on New Year’s Eve
- Complimentary English breakfast served in-room or at The Lanesborough Grill on New Year’s Day
- 6pm late check-out on day of departure
Check online for more details and T&C’s
+44 20 7333 7711
This article on one of the best hotels in London first appeared in the November 2022 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase the latest issue or subscribe, so you never miss a copy!
To make the most of living in Singapore, read our latest City Guide here for free!