A fancy high tea is a great way to hang out with friends (or one friend at the moment!) – gets you out of the house and that house dress! Once you’ve booked, let’s look at what you can wear. You can still dress up for afternoon tea and with brunch being off the ‘menu’ at the mo, it’s a great alternative.
# A bit of bling for your afternoon tea?
Lustre specialises in gemstone jewellery that’s handcrafted by artisans around the world. An integral part of the brand’s designs is the ability for them to be worn singly or with pieces you already own. They’ll add a pop of colour and sparkle to any outfit, smart or casual.
The team at Lustre use natural gemstones that are organic; customers are encouraged to embrace the idea of the “perfectly imperfect”, which is in itself a reflection of us, nature and the world around us.
Apart from gemstones, there’s a lovely range of earrings starting from just $29, plus necklaces and chokers in gold and silver, and cuffs and link bracelets too.
Having developed a loyal following, Lustre is becoming that secret spot where women visit to treat, gift or reward themselves with jewellery that’s both unique and lasting. Sometimes a beautiful piece of bling is all you need!
Shop online or book an appointment through the website: shoplustre.com
# Cool dresses are perfect for a high tea!
White Ginger pieces are handmade in limited editions in Bali, using traditional techniques unique to the island. The seamstresses work from a small family-run factory outside Seminyak, headed by the lovely Ratna. She’s in daily communication with Emma who designs all the White Ginger styles and prints. Ratna has taken care of production for White Ginger for over 10 years. She oversees everything from pattern making to checking the finished article.
White Ginger is proud to support the Bali Life Foundation, an organisation set up to successfully empower disadvantaged women and children through various projects: a children’s home, a street kids project, a women’s workshop and a sustainability project.
Most of the dresses are $130; they’re available online and in-store at Tanglin Mall.
If you want to host your own brunch or afternoon tea, their home accessories are perfect too!
White Ginger’s Summer 21 Collection
You’ll fall in love with the dreamy Summer 21 collection at White Ginger. With plenty of wearable styles and classic femininity at the heart of the line-up, this is perfect attire for everyday life.
Other Afternoon Tea Combinations
- Yellow Midi Knee Slit Dress from Shopping At Tiffany’s
- Calypso Gemstone Earrings from Lustre Jewellery
- Lotus Silk Cuff – Emerald Green & Pineapple Yellow from Forbidden Hill
- Kyra Dress in Offwhite from Capsule By Juliette
- Gingko Leaf Wire Choker Necklace, Green Onyx Teardrop Earrings, Ring Stack (Naked Green Onyx, Naked Aqua Blue, Naked Prasiolite), Single Line Labradorite Cuff, all from Lustre Jewellery
- Lotus Silk Bangle in Emerald from Forbidden Hill; Black Strap Cross Leather Slippers from Fly Flot
- Orange Frill Short Dress from White Ginger
- Hue Silk Bangle in Lava Orange from Forbidden Hill; Limited Edition Vermillion Stingray Cuff; Single Line White Agate Cuff, Solitude Shanti in Moonstone Oval Ring, Mother of Pearl Studs, Moonstone and Ruby Necklace, from Lustre Jewellery
- Leather Sandals from Fly Flot
- Fleur Layer Frill Dress from Shopping at Tiffany’s
- Guava Pink Lotus Bangle, Nyonya Blossom Turquoise Silk Cuff, and Ban Zu Porcelain White Silk Cuff, from Forbidden Hill; Gumdrop Ruby Red Adjustable Ring and Earrings, Maxi Tassel Fuschia Earrings from Lustre Jewellery
- Gia Maxi Dress from White Ginger
- Shinrin Gingko Leaf Flower Earrings, Shanti Oval Solitude Ring in Black Onyx, Black Stingray Leather with Gemstone Cuff, Coffee Stingray Leather with Rose Quartz Cuff, Bamboo Cuff in Moonstone, Bamboo Cuff in Black Onyx, all from Lustre Jewellery
Singapore Fashion Finds
Models: Michaela Bisset, Susan Knudsen-Pickles, Jacqui Young
Fashion Stylist: Vrinda L. Seth
Photography: Charu Shah
Makeup & Hair: Alan Nyeow and E-van Yeung
If you’re planning to live in Singapore or if you just want to keep tabs on what’s new, then make sure to read the digital edition of our latest City Guide.
Plan to get glam at the best beauty salons in Singapore with a good facial!
Or check out our review of afternoon teas in Singapore.