An afternoon tea (or brunch) is a great way to hang out with friends or family. If you’re wondering what to wear for afternoon tea in Singapore – it’s usually fairly casual. But, whether it’s a posh one or not, you can always dress it up with some lovely jewellery and cool sandals.
Jewellery for afternoon tea
Dress up for tea with Forbidden Hill’s contemporary designed jewellery inspired by regional motifs, from orchid and lotus flowers to Peranakan tiles. Designed locally, these stunning pieces are crafted by artisan jewellers in the region and feature interchangeable silks or gemstones. Precious metals combined with so many different colours means you’ll find something to match any outfit.
Prices: Gemstone Earrings from $150, Silk Cuffs from $165, Silk Bangles from $190 and Cufflinks from $135. Explore the full range online.
Homegrown Brand – Lustre
Lustre specialises in affordable jewellery handcrafted by artisans around the world. Integral to the designs is the ability for them to be worn singly or with pieces you already own. The Gumdrop range has been so popular, and now the latest collection, Their Uncaged Collection is now here! Why Uncaged? The collection explores the push and pull between a desire to be embraced and to be free. There are limited numbers per collection; so keep an eye on social media!
Shop online or by appointment. Prices from $35.
9366 9755 | shoplustre.com | fb.com/shoplustre
Cool sandals for your afternoon tea
For afternoon tea in Singapore, you don’t need to look overly smart, but you do need to be cool and comfortable. Fly Flot shoes have these two needs covered, thanks to their anti-shock sole cushions – the sole takes on the shape of your foot so it’s super supportive. They’re also so soft and light that you won’t notice you’re wearing them!
Fly Flot shoes are available in-store and from their website, which includes handy tools to ensure you get the right fit, including measuring charts, tables showing different country sizes and more (flyflot.com.sg/pages/find-the-rightshoe-size-for-you).
To shop online and for store locations in Singapore, visit flyflot.com.sg.
More ideas for afternoon tea wear
- Gingko Leaf Wire Choker Necklace, Green Onyx Teardrop Earrings, Ring Stack (Naked Green Onyx, Naked Aqua Blue, Naked Prasiolite), Single Line Labradorite Cuff, all from Lustre Jewellery
- Lotus Silk Bangle in Emerald from Forbidden Hill; Black Strap Cross Leather Slippers from Fly Flot
- Orange Frill Short Dress from White Ginger
- Hue Silk Bangle in Lava Orange from Forbidden Hill; Limited Edition Vermillion Stingray Cuff; Single Line White Agate Cuff, Solitude Shanti in Moonstone Oval Ring, Mother of Pearl Studs, Moonstone and Ruby Necklace, from Lustre Jewellery
- Leather Sandals from Fly Flot
- Gia Maxi Dress from White Ginger
- Shinrin Gingko Leaf Flower Earrings, Shanti Oval Solitude Ring in Black Onyx, Black Stingray Leather with Gemstone Cuff, Coffee Stingray Leather with Rose Quartz Cuff, Bamboo Cuff in Moonstone, Bamboo Cuff in Black Onyx, all from Lustre Jewellery
White Ginger whiteginger.com | 6235 0322
Lustre Jewellery shoplustre.com | 9366 9755
Forbidden Hill forbiddenhill.com | 6909 5160
Fly Flot flyflot.com.sg | 6887 3136
If you’re planning to live in Singapore or if you just want to keep tabs on what’s new, then make sure to read the digital edition of our latest City Guide.
Plan to get glam at the best beauty salons in Singapore with a good facial!
Or check out our review of afternoon teas in Singapore.