“This recipe for gingerbread doughnuts makes them light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside; they’re the ultimate guilt-free treat – especially for doughnut lovers! I love sprinkling a bit of festive cinnamon and monk fruit sugar dust on most of my Christmas desserts.”
– Charissa Areington Brand Ambassador Nuzest Asia
This recipe yields 18 small doughnuts
Ingredients for the doughnuts
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini paste
- 1/3 cup cashew nut butter
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit syrup
- 1 serving Nuzest Kids Good Stuff Vanilla Caramel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut flour or almond flour
Ingredients for the cinnamon ginger dust (optional)
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- Add the coconut flakes to the food processor and process until fine. Next, add all the doughnut ingredients to the food processor and blend the mixture until you reach a dough-like consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon ginger dust ingredients and set aside. Remove the dough-like mixture from the food processor and scrape the mixture into a large bowl. Choose your desired mould or make bite-size balls by hand rolling them. Once you have shaped out your gingerbread bites, pop them in the freezer for 40 minutes to set.
- After 40 minutes, remove the mixture from the mould and lightly dust with your cinnamon ginger dust. Notes: If the doughnut mixture is too crumbly, mix in a little more tahini paste or cashew nut butter. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more nut flour.
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
This recipe for doughnuts first appeared in the December 2021 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase the latest issue or subscribe, so you never miss a copy!
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.