Back to the grind and already feeling restless? Get your smile back on by planning a short getaway! Whether you take a couple of days off during the week or just go for a weekend, here are few superb destinations close to Singapore.
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
The first thing that will strike you at this beachside resort located on the quiet southwest coast of Koh Samui are the ocean views over the Gulf of Thailand. Astonishing. Take advantage of the current “Family Pleasure Offer” and enjoy a stay in a luxurious Club Two Bedroom Residence Villa or Club Napa Reserve Three Bedroom Residence Villa. Perfect for two adults and two kids, the package (with a minimum stay of three consecutive nights) includes complimentary two-hour babysitting, a body massage for two and complimentary kids’ meals designed by the in-house chefs.
Things to do
- Indulge in a relaxing afternoon at Thai Spa by Harnn, and pamper yourself with a soothing massage or a refreshing scrub.
- Drop the kids off at the Planet Trekkers kids’ club that offers fun activities for little ones aged four to 12. They can enjoy everything from beach soccer to nail painting.
- Go kayaking, snorkelling or diving, or visit nearby islands on the Luxe Marine Excursions programme.
samui.intercontinental.com | email@example.com
Located 20 minutes north of Ubud, Capella Ubud, Bali offers a retreat from city life. Surrounded by lush rainforests, this luxury property features snazzy rooms with intricate wood carvings, hand-painted fabrics, copper bathtubs and private salt water pools. Choose to stay in a one-bedroom Tented Retreat or the exclusive two-bedroom Lodge. Dig into delicious Indonesian and international dishes and pamper yourself at onsite spa Auriga Wellness, offering a range of organic treatments.
Things to do
- Go on a culinary journey through the working farms of Keliki Village and explore the resort’s own honey farms, and coffee, tea and cocoa plantations.
- Witness sacred temple rituals at the Wos River or visit a local art school.
- Satisfy the adventurer in you with jungle boot camps, mountain bike ridge tours and workouts in nearby rice-paddy fields.
The Residence Bintan
The Residence Bintan exudes the rural charm of a traditional village, offering ocean views in the kind of lush surrounds we all love in an island getaway. After a 55-minute ferry and short car ride from Singapore, you’ll arrive at the property, and your choice of Beachfront Villa, Hill Villa, Vista Terrace and Garden Terrace, many of which house private decks and pools to enjoy. If you’re bringing the whole brood along, opt for one of the interconnected units. There’s a wide selection of delicious local cuisine at the resort’s restaurants – and don’t forget to take advantage of the Stay Longer Offer and Celebrations Package!
Things to do
- Recalibrate and re-energise at The Spa by Ila, whose wide range of treatments cover natural indigenous therapies and ancient Ayurvedic ones.
- Explore the surrounding mangrove forests for the day or go on a firefly discovery tour. More energetic? Soak up the sun with some water sports.
- If you love Indonesian food, you can learn how to whip up a dish or two in a fun cooking class at Indonesian speciality restaurant Rica Rica.
The Pavilions Phuket
Offering views of Layan Beach, The Pavilions Phuket is just 20 minutes from the popular Thai island’s airport. The resort houses private pool villas and has just introduced new spacious suites. Guests can enjoy gourmet eats at the two signature restaurants, The Plantation Club and Firefly; then, as the sun sets, head to 360 Bar for drinks and panoramic views. Take advantage of the Romance Destination Offer (Until 31 December 2019) and indulge in a stay in a spacious Spa and Pool Pavilion that has an in-villa spa room with a steam room and sala. The package includes a candlelit three-course set dinner and daily afternoon tea at The Plantation Club.
Things to do
- Choose from traditional Thai healing therapies and soothing Western rituals at the spa.
- Dig into delicious eats with the resort’s new Lazy Sunday Lunch concept, featuring made-to-order dishes including New Zealand tenderloin beef and Canterbury lamb chops and pork chops.
- Hop on the complimentary shuttle bus to Layan Beach just five minutes away.
Telunas Private Island
Tired of waiting around an airport during your travels? Telunas Private Island is a leisurely boat ride from Batam (itself only an hour by boat from Singapore); sip on a cold drink or two and you’ll be there in no time! The resort’s overwater rustic villas house a sitting room, bedroom, cosy loft and private veranda. Guests can indulge in a mix of delicious Western, Asian, and Indonesian cuisine whipped up by the resort’s executive chef at the Grand Lodge, located just down the wooden jetty. A perfect option for a short getaway.
Things to do
- Make the most of the sunny days by taking part in any number of complimentary activities, including mangrove kayaking, a waterfall hike and stand-up paddle boarding.
- Relax by the vibrant poolside Sand Bar that serves everything from Long Island Iced Teas to mocktails (which the kids will love!), while you enjoy the unblocked sea views.
- Pamper yourself with a spa session in one of the overwater pavilions or in the privacy of your villa.
Anantara Quy Nhon Villas
Anantara Quy Nhon Villas has opened on Vietnam’s south central coast, and we love the sound of the one and two-bedroom abodes at this all-villa property. They come with infinity-style pools, in-room villa host services, spacious sundecks and oversized bathtubs. You can choose a preferred room scent, enjoy Anantara’s signature natural soap collection, and enjoy the offerings in the in-villa wine cellar and delicatessen, including a selection of charcuterie, cheese and locally-made ice cream. There’s a swim-up bar that’s great for sampling premium cocktails, Vietnamese craft beers and Cuban cigars. And you can tuck into local seafood and regional eats at Sea.Fire.Salt, the resort’s signature restaurant.
Things to do
- Treat yourself to an Anantara’s signature Dining by Design experience. From picnic-style to fine dining, choose which experience suits your taste.
- Go on a guided Quy Nhon Explorer tour where you’ll enjoy traditional food and culture, including as Vietnamese coffee and banh mi.
- Head to the Anantara Spa and enjoy massages and more in the nature-inspired treatment suites.