Back to the grind and already feeling restless? Get your smile back on by planning a short getaway! Whether you take a couple of days off during the week or just go for a weekend, here are few superb destinations close to Singapore.
Best for: A fuss-free beach vacay
Telunas Private Island
Tired of waiting around an airport on your travels? Telunas Private Island is a leisurely boat ride from Batam (which itself is only an hour from Singapore); sip on a cold drink or two and you’ll be there in no time! The resort’s overwater rustic villas house a sitting room, a bedroom, a cosy loft and a private veranda. Guests can indulge in a mix of delicious Western, Asian, and Indonesian cuisine whipped up by executive chef Surya at the Grand Lodge, located just down the wooden jetty. A perfect option for a short getaway.
Things to do
- Make the most of the sunny days by taking part in a host of complimentary activities, including mangrove kayaking, a waterfall hike and stand-up paddle boarding.
- Relax by the vibrant poolside Sand Bar that serves up everything from long island iced-tea to mocktails (whch the kids will love!) and take in the unblocked seaviews.
- Pamper yourself with a spa session in one of the overwater pavilions or in the privacy of your villa.
Best for: An exotic island getaway
If you adore the sun and sea, plan a trip to Amilla Fushi in the Maldives’ beautiful Baa Atoll. Home to stunning seafront villas and eight Residences, this luxury resort is just 30 minutes by seaplane from Malé. You can choose from four- to eight-bedroom Residence units that are perfect for a short getaway with friends and family, and while you head to the fitness centre or yoga pavilion, the kids will be fully entertained at the Sultan’s Village kids’ club.
Things to do
- Dig into tasty eats at one of the resort’s eight restaurants, including Feeling Koi, a Japanese izakaya dining spot and the laidback poolside Baazaar Bar which is perfect for an evening drink. You can also expect special pop-ups at certain times, featuring food by international celebrity chefs.
- Rejuvenate and detox with healing therapies as well as wellness and fitness programmes at Javvu Spa – there’s everything from ‘Bodyism’ sessions to plant-based hair treatments by Louise Galvin and yoga.
- Snorkel, dive or swim alongside dolphins, manta rays and turtles.
Also… Catch an upcoming pop-up at Barolo Grill featuring signature dishes and tropical cocktails by Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen London, from 26 March to 10 April.
Best for: A relaxing family getaway
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
Koh Samui’s InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort ticks plenty of short getaway boxes. It offers stunning views over the Gulf of Thailand, and the spacious Club Two Bedroom Residence Villas are fantastic accommodation options, as are the Club Beachfront Pool Villas, all with private pools, wine decks and sun-decks. Club guests also enjoy another benefits including breakfast, afternoon tea and two hours of evening cocktails at the outdoor lounge at the Air Bar.
Things to do
- Head to Thai Spa by Harnn and indulge in a day of pampering or a soothing massage to rid those aches and pains.
- Planet Trekkers kids’ club offers fun activities for guests aged from four to 12, including everything from beach soccer to nail painting.
- Enjoy nature in all its glory with kayaking, snorkelling or diving, or visit nearby islands on the Luxe Marine Excursions programme.
Also… Until March 2018, book a Summer Birthday Package that includes a two-night stay (and a third complimentary night!) in a Club Beachfront Pool Villa or Club Two Bedroom Residence Villa. Families can also book the Club Two Bedroom Residence Villa from THB 71,000 (around S$2,950) for two adults and two children for three nights.
Best for: A countryside retreat
Enjoy a quick getaway right at your doorstep in Johor, Malaysia! Riders Lodge is a lovely countryside property offering a quiet retreat from the hectic city life. Stay a night or two in the cosy 25-room lodge, which offers modern rooms with garden views, and indulge in delicious cuisine at the in-house restaurant Agnes Café, serving up hearty meals, from traditional fish and chips, weekend dinner roasts and Devonshire tea. Our tip? Opt for a full-board package for this short getaway, which includes daily meals and discounts on horse-riding.
Things to do:
- Whether you’re an avid horse rider or a first-timer, at Riders Lodge you can enjoy a riding lesson or a leisurely guided trail ride through the plantations. For more serious learners, there are also riding camps and a Learn to Ride Programme offering an in-depth introduction to horse riding and caring for horses.
- After a day out, head back to the lodge for a relaxing traditional Malay essential oil massage or an aromatherapy massage.
- Enjoy a game of golf at the 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Course. With two ponds and multiple sand traps, this Par 72 course offers a challenge to golfers of all levels.
Riders Lodge Resort, inside The Legends Golf & Country Resort, Kebun Sedenak, 81000 Kulai, Johor, Malaysia
+607 652 5330 | firstname.lastname@example.org | riderslodge.com.my | facebook.com/www.riderslodge.com.my
Best for: An escape to nature
Shanti Travel Asia
Founded in 2005, Shanti Travel Asia offers bespoke packages across Asia that focus on creating rich travel experiences. Choose one of their short getaway itineraries catered to individual travellers, groups and companies, or tailor-make your vacation to your liking. One of the many destinations offered is Vietnam, which is only around two hours from Singapore and offers thrilling nature, culture and adventure experiences – everything from wandering through a lush paddy field to digging into the revered local cuisine and exploring busy city streets.
Things to do
- Take a leisurely cruise on famous Halong Bay in northeast Vietnam. Sail past stunning limestone formations and hop on a kayak to explore the many caves.
- Trek in the scenic Sapa region of the far northwest and meet members of local ethnic communities, while taking in the fresh mountain air.
- Relax by the beautiful beaches of places like Phu Quoc, Mui Ne and Con Dao, taking advantage of the clean sand and blue waters by heading out for a day of snorkelling or diving. If you’re more adventurous, try a spot of kitesurfing or windsurfing.