“This is a one-pan chicken recipe using one of our favourite cuts. Ripe cherry tomatoes cook down with the juices and aromatics in the pan to create a rustic sauce to spoon over crispy chicken.”
– The Open Taste Team
Makes two to three servings
Ingredients (available from Open Taste)
• Chicken thighs (between 2 to 4 thighs)
• Sprigs of thyme
• Cherry tomatoes
• 1 garlic clove
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius. Salt and pepper the chicken; let it rest until it reaches room temperature.
2. Heat a glug of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat. When hot, add the chicken thighs skin-side down. After two to three minutes, decrease the heat to medium-high and cook the chicken for another 12 minutes. After about 5 minutes, add enough cherry tomatoes to fill in the gaps between the thighs and rearrange the chicken to make sure they’re all getting equal heat. Tuck in a few sprigs of thyme and a smashed clove of garlic.
3. Use a spoon to roll the tomatoes around in chicken drippings. Flip the thighs skin-side up and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook for 13 minutes.
4. When time is up, check the chicken for doneness by making sure the juices run clear or the internal temperature is 165 degrees Celsius. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Tip: Serve with a simple salad and some crusty bread to soak up all the delicious juices!
Open Taste is an online platform that gives consumers in Singapore the opportunity to shop fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, dairy products and a variety of pantry goods from around the world at wholesale prices – 30 to 50 percent cheaper than for the same items carried at local bricks-and-mortar supermarkets and specialty online grocers. The fresh, perishable products are delivered to your doorstep within 36 hours of placing your order.
Find out more at opentaste.sg.
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Want more delicious recipes? Click here!