If you’re on the lookout for hotels for your next trip to the bustling Malaysian capital, we’ve found a newbie in the heart of the city. The recently opened Element Kuala Lumpur is located in the iconic 274-metre Ilham Tower, just a few minutes away from the vibrant dining, shopping and entertainment districts. Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect.
Unsurprisingly for a sky-high property, there are lovely views of the city and surrounding hills from the studios and one-, two- and three-bedroom suites. Each modern unit comes with quality features and amenities, including a luxurious Signature Heavenly bed, spa-inspired bathrooms, spacious living rooms, filtered drinking water and a fully equipped kitchenette with dishwater, induction cooker and more. For longer stays (over two weeks), you can opt for a tailor-made extended-stay package that will help you feel even more at home. You can even order groceries from the hotel’s kitchen and have them delivered to your room!
For single travellers and smaller families, the studios and one-bedroom suites can sleep up to three guests. Studios come with a handy kitchenette, whereas the suites have full kitchens. Those who have to do some work while in town (boo!) can take advantage of the room’s working spaces and ergonomic chairs. If you’re travelling with friends and family, pick one of the two- or three-bedroom suites for a bit more space, including separate bathtub and shower.
- Facing the iconic Petronas Twin Towers, sky dining venue Element’s Trace Restaurant & Bar serves up international and Asian dishes. Pair your meal with a handcrafted cocktail or drop by for the Relax Happy Hour, a complimentary evening get-together (Monday to Thursday, 5.30pm to 7pm).
- Each morning, rise and shine with a wholesome breakfast at Trace. Dig into a delicious spread including granola, fresh fruit, sous-vide eggs, pastries and more.
- For a unique afternoon tea experience, take part in Arteastry and create a masterpiece using various delicious ingredients including chocolate sauce, mango chutney and raspberry confit (Monday to Friday, 1pm to 5pm).
- Enjoy stunning city views from the indoor swimming pool on the 39th floor. Using saline rather than chlorine, the waters are safer for swimmers and environmentally friendly.
- Join “Yoga In The Sky”, complimentary yoga classes for both beginners and experts. Check out the schedule here.
- Head to Motion, the 24-hour fitness centre boasting the latest cardio machines and strength-training equipment.
- What better way to explore the city than by bike – it’s healthy and environmentally-friendly. Hop on one of the bicycles from Element’s complimentary Bike Lending Programme for a day out.
- Travel around the CBD for free on the GOKL shuttle bus. You could also take a ride on the KL Hop-On-Hop-Off, which has 23 stops and covers 70 attractions.
- Walk to Ampang Park LRT station and head to popular malls such as Suria KLCC and Avenue K.
- Walk to Tapak, a popular food truck market and enjoy an assortment of tasty eats. It’s located opposite the Dharma Realm Guan Yin Sagely Monastery along Jalan Ampang.
- Don’t miss a visit to Petaling Street Flea Market (Chinatown), Little India and Jalan Alor which are also close by the hotel.
- Take part in the KL Car Free Morning, held every first and third Sunday of the month from 7am to 9am. Borrow a bike from the aforementioned Bike Lending Programme, go for a run or just take a leisurely walk.
As the tallest eco-conscious hotel, the modern property boasts green features such as natural light spaces, a rainwater harvesting system, energy efficient LED lighting, electric vehicle charging stations and more. The building is also 100 percent smoke-free.
Written in collaboration with:
Get some ideas for your next trip!