We chat with the Flight Centre team in Singapore on a range of travel-related topics, from planning tips to packing hacks.
Is it best to email, call or visit a Flight Centre outlet for advice?
We always encourage customers to discuss trips with us in-store, no matter the stage of planning you’re at; we can easily show the relevant brochures, images and prices to help you make informed and suitable decisions.
To make things easier, we’re offering Expat Living readers a mobile consulting service with two dedicated travel experts, Monica and George. Simply call or text them to make an appointment, and they’ll make their way to your office or home. Whether it’s paying for a flight ticket or seeking inspiration for your next holiday, our consultants can do everything for you, whether it’s in-store, off-site or online.
What are the advantages of using Flight Centre when planning a trip?
As a global travel retailer, we can offer value-adds and services that most travel agencies in Singapore can’t; this includes 24/7 worldwide customer care, a Lowest Airfare Guarantee (we will beat any comparable quote or you fly for free), and personalised expert advice from consultants who’ve visited more than 50 countries and speak over 20 languages.
Any handy ideas from the team about what to pack for a journey?
If you’re travelling with kids:
• Easy-to-eat snacks, plus toys or books for mess-free and (hopefully) smooth sailing travel.
• Roll your clothes to save the space you’ll need for all those nappies and extra changes of children’s clothes.
• Pack toiletries in clear bottles in a resealable bag to ensure no spillage; the last thing you need is to clean an entire suitcase full of soap!
If you’re on a business trip:
• Pack a suit with a second bottom, in case of spillages on your first pair.
• Be versatile: go classic with the basic piece that allows you to easily mix and match, and you can add a structured jacket to look extra smart.
• For the gents, travel with business shirts that work from day to night and can be worn two days in a row (laundered, of course!). Plain white shirts work best, but light blues are also great.
5 Minutes with Vicki Parris, Flight Center’s southeast Asia GM
What are your three top tips for getting the most out of a trip?
Plan the big stuff and leave room for adventures. Don’t waste precious holiday time trying to decide where to stay and haggling with taxis. Prebook with an expert to get the best value and leave a little time for the unexpected adventures – this is often where the best memories are made!
What’s been your own recent personal travel highlight?
A week in New York at the Plaza Hotel. It was snowing on Fifth Avenue, and NY is such a beautiful city any time of year – incredible food with a plethora of great bars, cafes, restaurants and shopping! I stumbled across a quirky hidden diner in Williamsburg, people-watched on the subway, and of course took in a Broadway show.
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.