Tired of waking up (or going to sleep) grumpy? You need a comfortable bed with the right mattress, ultra-soft sheets and a peacefully decorated bedroom! Here are some of the best bedding options in Singapore. There are good-looking beds, gorgeous soft bedding and linens, supportive pillows and elegant accessories to go with them too!
Originals offers a wide range of bedroom furniture and a curated range of premium linens. Choose from a variety of eco-friendly bed frames made of sustainably sourced solid teak; all are hand finished by skilled artisans in Indonesia. Pair your new bed with soft premium bed linens available in a variety of beautiful colours to suit every bedroom. You’ll sleep easy when you create your perfect bedroom space!
- Browse a wide range of stylish bed frames, constructed from sustainably sourced, solid timber. They’re available in local and also international sizes.
- It’s not just beds! Originals also stocks Cultiver bed linen, made from premium European flax. This range is carefully woven and stonewashed for greater softness. No need to wait for multiple washes to soften the sheets as the enzyme wash accelerates the process, creating a comfy feel from the first use.
- For the finishing touch, accent cushions and linen throws from Maison de Vacances will elevate your space to a different level.
Heveya by European Bedding
Heveya by European Bedding is a one-stop bedding store with a focus on natural organic latex mattresses, adjustable slatted bed bases and accessories (pillows and bedding). All the items are made of natural and sustainable materials.
The store provides a customisable sleeping system; so, the bed base, mattress and pillow work together to provide back support for all ages, builds, sleeping positions and preferences. You can even have a king-size mattress with one side firmer and the other side softer. It’s all based on you and your partner’s sleeping preference. There’s size customisation too; that means you can get a mattress to fit a yacht or an ultra-wide mattress for the whole family!
- Encased in a soft bamboo fabric with organic cotton padding, is the popular Heveya Natural Organic Latex Mattress III. This plush mattress is made of three layers of natural organic latex, giving maximum comfort and support. You can easily unzip the cover for cleaning.
- The soft and breathable Heveya Bamboo Sheets are made from 100 percent organic bamboo lyocell. This eco-fabric doesn’t trap excess heat and wicks away sweat faster than cotton, resulting in a cooler sleep.
- The new Heveya Organic Duvet is made ethically in Germany and already proving popular. It consists of a 100 percent GOTS-certified cotton cover and 100 percent bamboo lyocell fibre padding. This summer-weight duvet is breathable and hypoallergenic, perfect for Singapore’s weather!
Having attained the Germany Green Brand Award 2021-2022, an EU certification for ecological sustainability, dormiente’s organic natural latex mattresses for babies, children and orthopaedic backcare mattresses offer unsurpassed quality for safe and healthy sleep.
Made with organic latex, organic cotton, handcrafted in Germany and tested free of 200 types of harmful chemicals, it’s perfect for allergy sufferers. Pair your new mattress with adjustable bed bases for greater orthopaedic benefits, height adjustable pillows and organic beddings.
Complemented by 30 elegantly custom crafted bed frames, made from ten types of FSC-certified sustainable European hardwoods, these toxic-free beds are the best way to create a sophisticated yet cosy feel in your bedroom.
- Dormiente’s best-selling Natural Classic Orthoform Female and Male Mattress have gender specific seven-zone body support, and have been recommended by the German Association of Back Posture Trainers, as it can help with the regeneration of the spine.
- Enjoy comfortable sleep with Ergo Natura Z Disc Frame, an ergonomically designed motorised bed bases that enable full customisation in the firmness.
- Dormiente produces custom beds in all sizes.
Soul & Tables
Soul & Tables has introduced Karpenter, a furniture brand from Indonesia by French designer Hugues Revuelta. The brand uses only sustainable and low-impact materials such as FSC-certified reclaimed wood.
The designs are classy yet playful and innovative, made to stand the test of time and changing trends; close attention to detail enhances the finest lines and curves. The furniture is made by craftsmen and women who value the nobility of solid wood and treat it with the greatest respect.
- Karpenter’s Vintage bed combines modern contemporary style with Asian influence and a light and sleek design that showcases the original beauty of teak wood.
- Annette Pure French Linen Bedding is made of 100 percent French flax fibre sourced from France. The naturally hypoallergenic fabric is light and airy, gentle against the skin, and cool to touch – perfect for our warm and humid weather.
- The Soul & Tables Dual Density Latex Mattress crafted out of premium materials is a great choice for all kinds of sleepers. The latex and foam blend provides the perfect support for your back and neck, adjusting to the contours of your body and providing an optimum sleep every night.
House of AnLi
Jazz up your bedroom with the collection of bed frames, linens and mattresses from House of AnLi. The quality bedding includes duvet covers, fitted sheets, flat sheets, pillowcases and towels made of pure Belgian linen from Libeco. The store also offers bespoke services including made-to-order beds with customisable bed frames, skirting, headboards and Libeco upholstery linen; just head there to choose your ideal fabric and finishing. Pair your new bed with a Belgian natural latex mattress that can be made to your required firmness. House of AnLi will deliver your new bed to your home and also install it.
- Made in Belgium and certified toxic-free, the Trilogy 100 percent natural latex mattress has an antibacterial and thermo-regulating bamboo cover and is resistant to mould and mildew. There’s also a new sanitised bamboo range in store.
- Libeco’s Heritage Collection of linen is 100 percent organic and GOTS-certified. It’s made of hypoallergenic natural European flax, offers thermos-regulating qualities, and is highly absorbent.
- Soft and comfy, the Libeco 100 percent linen duvet cover is a great finishing touch. Featuring white stripes with a deep-sea blue ground, this neutral design will help to make your bedroom serene.
Becoming increasingly frustrated at how expensive high-quality bed sheets were in Singapore, the owners of Weavve Home, Ryan and Dan, decided to set up their own business and take the pain out of bedding shopping. They spent over a year researching products and directly sourcing materials, ensuring the quality of their workmanship and design.
The range includes bed linen made from 100 percent cotton and 100 percent Tencel Lyocell fibres, weighted blankets, towels and pillows. Reusable packaging is used, with no plastics, which means low waste. And customers are offered a 100-day free trial for all bedsheets, and free delivery for orders above $150 in Singapore.
- The store’s best-selling Lyocell bedsheets are made with 100% premium Tencel branded fibres sourced from sustainable eucalyptus forests. Tencel is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial and temperature regulating – perfect for hot sleepers and those with sensitive skin!
- Weavve’s cotton bedsheets have a buttery-smooth luxury hotel feel! They’re made from 100 percent extra-long staple cotton fibres which are stronger and smoother than regular cotton. All sheets are certified free from harmful dyes and chemicals, with sizes from single to California king.
- For anyone struggling with sleep-related issues, including anxiety or insomnia, weighted blankets offer a solution. These therapeutic blankets with weighted micro-beads help improve sleep quality by stimulating the feeling of being hugged by its gentle pressure. While the blankets are heavier than regular quilts, Weavve assures us that they don’t get too hot.
Check out Weavve Home’s range online here or one of the various stockists across Singapore and start shopping. Weavve Home is offering Expat Living readers $20 off a minimum spend of $150, simply use the discount code WVXEL20OFF at checkout.
WTP Furniture Solutions
WTP Furniture Solutions has a great range of both modern and traditional wooden beds available in queen and king sizes. Then there are their upholstered beds, which can be customised to your taste. Choose from a wide selection of fabrics – from velvet and chenille to linen – to suit your current décor. For something fancier, a patterned option or embellishments such as studs can work wonders. The team can assist with coordinating sheets, cushions and throws to give your bedroom a complete look. What’s more, the store has recently introduced a limited-edition range of elegant jacquard and cotton sateen bed linens with a lovely taupe base.
- Pick up some European pillow shams that come in textured blue silk. These stylish numbers work perfectly if you like some decoration on the bed but not a multitude of cushions!
- Choose a new textured jacquard duvet cover to add a touch of elegance and style.
- Another good option are the comfy sateen sheet and quilt cover sets.
NakedLab is a bedding company that focuses on high-quality, vegan bamboo silk bedding. Baby cot sheets were their first product, made from organic bamboo, and certified free from chemicals. Now, the items range from kids’ to adults’ bedding, as well as their recently launched duvet, which is proving extremely popular!
The company aims to provide luxurious, expensive-looking pieces that are actually eminently affordable. Despite starting just two years ago, it has already been recognised and awarded with multiple international awards for best bedding brand. Oh, and delivery is free!
- NakedLab’s best-selling bedding sets and sheets – in fact, all its products – are made with 100% organic certified bamboo. As they say, we spend a third of our life in bed, so it makes sense to ensure that the materials we’re sleeping on are free from harmful chemicals and toxins!
- The items are also certified by OEKO-TEX, which means there are no harmful chemicals used; so the sheets, duvet covers, pillowslips and other products are safe to be close to your skin. In traditional textiles, chemicals like formaldehyde are used to provide some anti-static or anti-wrinkle benefits.
Born In Colour
Here you’ll find a wide range of wallet-friendly bed frames, beddings & bed linens for a good night’s sleep. Their quality wooden bed frames are accompanied by locally designed and responsibly sourced bed linens, made from Oeko Tex certified sheets.
Proving ever popular are their 100 percent cotton bed sheets, Tencel (Lyocell) bed sheets and weighted blankets. They are never treated with any harsh chemicals or harmful toxic finishes. The weighted blanket is an innovative option for those struggling with health issues such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
- The Yasu Nature solid oak smart bed frame crafted in solid American white oak wood. This comes in a minimalist style and features regular air holes for air circulation within the mattress.
The Guri Oak Scandinavian solid wood removable fabric headrest bed frame in solid American oak wood. It comes in a sleek minimalist design and features a removable fabric headboard.
The Seth Scandi-Industrial Bed Frame made from exotic solid Acacia wood, featuring a soft, sandy tone.
Born in Colour
#07-11/12 Apex@Henderson Building, 201 Henderson Road
#02-31, 1024 Yishun Industrial Park A
CURA of Sweden
With its range of innovative bedroom products, CURA of Sweden’s ultimate aim to ensure you have a better night’s sleep. When you get a better night’s sleep, your health and all-round wellness can also improve, so it’s win-win! CURA is also offering readers 25% off their product range until 31st January 2022, just enter the code SGVIP25 at checkout.
The top-selling CURA Pearl Classic weighted duvet consists of seven layers, each of which has a specific function for achieving the highest quality and comfort. The filling consists of natural, honed glass pearls combined with polyester wadding. The grid pattern ensures a consistent and fluid pressure, helping you to relax.
The duvet comes in weights from 3kg up to 13kg, and the weight creates an evenly distributed pressure on your skin. It stimulates deep-seated skin receptors and releases feel-good hormones, like oxytocin, and creates an embracing sense of security that helps you relax, shortens the time to fall asleep, and wakes you up with more energy.
Choosing the right weight
As a recommendation, you should choose a duvet equivalent to 10–15% of your body weight. For example, if you weigh 70 kg, you should choose a duvet that weighs 7–9 kg. However if you suffer from serious sleep problems and/or anxiety, it might be a good idea to choose a heavier duvet.
The luxe bedding from this brand comes with top comfort levels, but without the exorbitant price tag. Its sheets are 100 percent pure Tencel Lyocell, hypoallergenic and sustainable, combining comfort with a healthy night’s sleep. Products also come beautifully boxed, making them great gifts (for friends, or yourself!).
Customer service is a high priority for Heavenluxe, who love engaging with their diverse international community and are consistently awarded five stars for service.
- The premium bed linen bundle set. Made from 100 percent Austrian Tencel Lyocell, it’s softer than Egyptian cotton and more cooling than silk. The set is 100 percent organic, hypoallergenic and eco-friendly as well as ultra-breathable and moisture-wicking. Each set comes with a fitted sheet, duvet cover, two pillowcases, and, for a limited period, two extra pillowcases for free.
- The premium sheet set is also crafted from 100 percent Tencel Lyocell, they promise a cool nights’ sleep, and are perfect for sensitive skin. Each set comes with one fitted sheet and two pillowcases.
- The premium duvet cover comes in grey, sapphire, white and pink colours, and its ultra-natural material means no more waking up to sweaty nights.
The nice folk at Heavenluxe are also offering Expat Living readers 10 percent off any purchase. Just use the link here or input the promo code EXPATlIVING10 at checkout. Happy shopping!
#03-90/91 Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road
@myheavenluxe (IG) | heavenluxe.com
Delivering 152 years of great quality sleep solutions, Simmons is known for its original pocketed coil mattresses, with a piece to suit literally every body. With more than 250 patents and available in 140 countries, it’s also the mattress brands of close to 90 percent of upscale hotels worldwide including the Marriott International and Shangri-la Groups.
With the key aim of delivering quality, uninterrupted sleep, you can find its huge range of mattresses, including those imported from Japan and Canada, in its many stores and suppliers across Singapore. You’ll also find bed frames with storage, and bedding accessories including pocketed coil pillows, hybrid memory foam and pocketed coil pillows and mattress protectors.
- The Canadian imported BackCare Advanced Series mattress maintains an ideal sleep temperature. It’s made with the all-new pressure-relieving Diamond Memory Foam that uses conductive properties of micro diamond to dissipate heat away from your body.
- Together with Simmons Original Pocketed Coil, the series also features the five-zoned support system which is designed to calibrate and match the five zones of the body. This includes upper back, lumbar, hips, thighs and lower legs. These five parts are differently weighed, thus requiring differing amount of support.
Beds hog valuable space, so reclaim your space with a Spaceman storage or murphy bed made in Italy. Whilst the benefits of a storage bed are obvious, with a murphy bed you can convert your bed to another use during the day. With Spaceman’s range of murphy beds your bedroom or guest room can also be a study, playroom, yoga, or workout space.
These advanced murphy beds combine the comfort of an orthopedic slatted base with the function of converting effortlessly from a bed to a desk, a sofa, a television console, or simply fold away to free up space.
- Spaceman’s consultants can help you plan and maximise your space free of charge, just bring your floor plan or room dimensions in when you visit, and they can do amazing things with your space.
- Match the bed to your space, Spaceman murphy beds can be configured to open horizontally or vertically and come in single, super single, double and queen size.
- Unlike locally made carpentry everything from Spaceman, including the murphy beds, storage beds, and any matching cabinetry can be easily dismantled and located so it is suitable for both renters and owners.
We Are Cozzy
The bed sheets you will find here are made for hot sleepers and warm nights. The brand was born out of the founder’s difficulty to find truly breathable bed sheets that were cooling and soft enough to keep her comfortable throughout the night despite her heat allergy.
Switching from cotton to their Tencel Lyocell bed sheets will feel like you’re getting a significant upgrade in your sleep quality due to its super soft and breathable nature. We Are Cozzy bed sheets are sustainably made from 100 percent Austrian Tencel, which is temperature regulating.
- The Tencel Lyocell fitted sheet set comes with one fitted sheet and two pillowcases for King and Queen sizes. Available in eight sizes, make the switch from cotton to 100 percent Tencel an experience luxuriously soft and breathable bed sheets.
- Tencel Lyocell essential bundle set comes with one fitted sheet, one duvet cover and four pillowcases for King and Queen sizes.
Looking for more inspiration for the home?
Best furniture shops in Singapore for beds, dining tables and more
Reader’s homes: A Sentosa haven
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.