“I slightly modified my usual pancake recipe to make them with bananas, since we had some on hand. These pancakes are extra decadent if you top them not just with maple syrup, but also with some fancy Bordier vanilla butter!” – Kris Munden, teacher and founder of food and travel Instagram account @teachingpoints.
Makes around 8 pancakes
Ingredients for the pancakes
• 13 /4 cup plain flour
• 31 /2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 13 /8 cup whole milk
• 1 egg
• 3 tablespoons melted butter
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 bananas, mashed
1. Whisk the dry ingredients together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Having a few lumps in the batter is okay.
4. Scoop a quarter-cup of batter at a time and cook on a nonstick pan with butter. You’ll know it’s ready to flip when bubbles form on one side.
5. If you’re adding toppings, throw them in right after you put the batter in the pan and before bubbles form. You can also use your spatula to press them down.
6. Serve with syrup and butter.
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.