Want to know how to make pizza dough?
“This pizza dough uses a long, cool fermentation for five days in the fridge. Doing this helps to develop a better gluten structure – bigger bubbles and an airy crust – and a richer, nuttier flavour.”
– Kris Munden, teacher and founder of food and travel Instagram account @teachingpoints
Serving size: Makes two 12-inch pizzas
Ingredients for pizza dough
• 2¼ cups bread flour
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 170ml water
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. Add in the wet ingredients. Mix until combined and no flour sticks to the side of your bowl. Then, rest the dough for 10 minutes.
3. Using a stand mixer or by hand, knead the dough for 10 minutes.
4. Put your dough ball in an airtight container that’s about twice the size of the ball. Put it into the fridge and let it slowly ferment for four to five days.
5. On the evening of the second day of fermentation, punch down the dough and fold the edges into itself. Cover and return it to the fridge.
6. When it’s time to make the pizza, remove the dough from the container and use a bench scraper or knife to split it into two balls. Place each ball in a greased bowl, cover it with a moist cloth, and allow it to rise for two hours at room temperature.
7. Gently stretch each dough ball into a 12-inch round. Do not roll it or you’ll burst all the air pockets. (Watch some YouTube videos on how to stretch pizza dough if you’re not sure how to do this.)
8. Top with your favourite toppings and bake in the oven at the highest temperature possible. Watch the pizza carefully as it cooks, and remove once it’s blistered and looks delicious!
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.