Easy Fish Recipe Using Hake
“This is a simple yet satisfying one-pot recipe for an impressive midweek meal that can be ready in under an hour. It’s also low on the calories.” – Sasha Conlan, founder of Sasha’s Fine Foods
- 4 hake fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 250g orzo
- 200ml cider
- 500ml chicken stock
- Small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (or fan 170°C) and heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a shallow 30cm casserole dish.
- Cook the chorizo for four to five minutes or until crisp and the fat has turned a deep red colour.
- Turn the heat to low and add the onion, garlic and thyme. Cook for 10 minutes until the onion is soft, then throw in the orzo and toss until every grain is coated in the oil.
- Stir in the cider, stock, salt and pepper to taste, and bring to a boil.
- Put into the oven for 10 minutes, then remove and nestle in the hake fillets.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until the orzo and hake are cooked.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Shop the products for this recipe at sashasfinefoods.com!
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Get the latest events, stories and special offers
sent to your inbox.
By signing up, you'll receive our weekly newsletters and offers, which you can unsubscribe to anytime.