Got a house of young ones or a new little one on the way? You’ll need to know where to buy good quality baby products in Singapore. There are lots of great children’s stores for getting everything you need, from baby clothes and toys, to furniture and accessories. Here are a few of our picks!
Started by mum-of-two Tiffany Okumu, this online store carries a beautiful range of eco-friendly baby clothes and newborn accessories that are designed for Singapore’s tropical climate. The products are personally designed by Tiffany and are OEKO-TEX certified (free from over 100 harmful chemicals).
What to get:
- Made with babies’ delicate skin in mind, the silky and breathable Premium Bamboo Zippies are great for all-day and all-night wear. The bamboo material is three times more soft and absorbent than cotton, with natural moisture-wicking abilities. Get them in short and long versions and in a range of sizes from newborns to two-year-olds.
- It’ll be easy to change your baby on the go with the brand’s Changing Mat Clutch. Durable and stylish, the clutch easily unfolds to become a travel changing mat – so you won’t need to lug your huge nappy bag along!
- Eco-friendly and antibacterial, the Organic BambooCloud Cooling Blanket comes with temperature-regulating properties that keep babies cool and warm as necessary. In addition, they’re naturally UV protectant and hypoallergenic. The material’s moisture-wicking abilities keeps babies dry and fresh, too.
Shop online at raphandremy.com or at Tanglin Mall, TANGS at Tang Plaza, Robinsons The Heeren or Motherswork at Great World City.
Family-run online store Thelittleonesinmylife was launched by mum-of-three Audrey Wong. It carries a variety of baby products personally sourced from Korea, including breastfeeding accessories, play mats and teethers. The store only carries items that Audrey has used as a mum – all tried and tested!
What to get:
- The new Haenim 7V Premium Breast Pump comes with various controls to adjust the cycle speed and suction strength (15 levels) to suit different needs. It comes with new patented NexusFit breast shields so that expressing will be comfortable and productive for mums.
- Designed in line with Korean baby product laws and safety regulations, Ange Teethers are soft and BPA-free. This allows parents to put their minds at ease as they soothe their little ones’ gums. What’s more, they come in fun designs, colours and sizes, including ice cream, grapes, bananas and giraffes.
- The store’s Bebelock bibs, food storage trays, airtight containers, bowls and spoons make meal preparations easier. A popular item is the silicone Ice Tok Tok. It’s a handy tray with cubes and lids that can easily store food items such as frozen purees.
This local brand carries stylish, sustainable and affordable kids’ clothes. Led by head designer Gen Woo, it offers a range of comfy girls’ wear for newborns to two-year-olds. Made from 100% cotton and cotton blends in an OEKO-TEX 100 certified factory, the prints are made with non-toxic dyes and go through rigorous testing to ensure that they’re safe for infants.
What to get:
- The sleeveless Ruffle Baby Romper comes with an elasticated leg opening and snap-button closure to allow easy access. It’s made from a soft textured cotton fabric and comes in cream and light pink.
- If you’re looking for something longer, get the Ruffle Baby Jumpsuit that comes with sleeveless ruffled shoulders and long legs. Made from 100% breathable cotton, it has a snap-button closure and is available in two colours: cream and light pink.
- The Basic Baby Leggings are soft and comfortable. They come with an elasticated waistband and the legs end at the ankle. Get them in grey, white or light pink and pair them with other tops.
The Better Toy Store
Keep your young ones entertained with quality products from The Better Toy Store, known for its wooden toys and environmentally-friendly options.
What to get
- With the Plantoys Woodpecker Walker, children can watch a pair of woodpeckers peck and make playful noises as they push it around. Made to encourage young ones to walk, it has a sturdy inverted triangular base frame so it is suitable for crawlers and early walkers.
- The HEADU Montessori Emotions and Actions Flashcards are great for babies aged one and up. Inspired by Howard Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences, they aim to help children learn emotions, facial expressions and everyday actions. The high-quality laminated cardboard cards can withstand plenty of wear and tear.
- The Fehn Loopy & Lotta Musical Crib Mobile is not just a pretty addition but offers newborns plenty of visual and auditory stimulation. It’s made of plushie giraffes and hippos and a wind-up music box that plays a German version of lullaby “Sleep, Baby, Sleep”.
This lifestyle store carries accessories, clothing and furniture for children, including a great range of baby products. From beautiful bedding and cots to stylish bibs and apparel, you’ll have a blast picking them out for your little ones.
What to get
- Oliver Furniture’s Mini+ follows your child’s needs as they grow by converting from a cot to a small bed. The wooden piece can be converted into a daybed or small sofa when your little one outgrows it.
- The Numero 74 Summer Blanket is made of 100% organic cotton so it’s perfect for tropical climates. It’s hand-made and traditionally dyed by women artisans in Thailand. It comes in three sizes and various colours including pink, lilac, blue and grey.
- Made of a stretchy blend of organic cotton, the Sebra Interior Jersey Baby Fitted Sheet is soft and breathable. It has elastic edges in order to keep it snug on the mattress as children move in their sleep. What’s more, the brand is big on safety, functionality and quality. Therefore, you can trust that their products are safe for babies.
Looking for more for kids?