Gone are the days where there was only a standard type of mattress to choose from. There are many different options and numerous bedding brands of mattresses, each boasting various impressive properties such as eco-friendly materials, dust-resistance, density customisation and even springs that can help realign your spine! If you’re after a swanky new mattress with all the bells and whistles, here are four bedding and furniture stores where you’ll find some of the best mattresses in Singapore to ensure your bed is the perfect place for a great night’s sleep.
Head to bedding specialist European Bedding to browse bedroom essentials including mattresses, bed bases and pillows. The store carries Heveya natural organic latex mattresses made of 100 percent organic latex. Available in three heights – 19cm, 24cm and 31cm – each mattress is encased in a handy removable cover made of soft bamboo fibre and filled with organic cotton padding; the king-size mattresses allow for a customised combination of two different firmness levels. There’s size customisation too, with the store crafting mattresses to fit yachts as well as ultra-wide mattresses for families. What’s more, you can enjoy a 100-day trial. If you discover that your mattress is too soft or too firm, change its core for free!
Benefits of natural organic latex:
- Natural organic latex has an inherent elastic property that offers comfort and support. It can conform to the body curve, promoting proper spine alignment and pressure distribution, and improving blood circulation.
- With its natural open-cell structure, latex offers excellent air circulation. Added pinholes allow for increased airflow for a cool and hygienic sleep.
Besides a wide range of handcrafted antique furniture and accessories, Emperor’s Attic (formerly FairPrice Antique) also carries environmentally-friendly mattresses from Willow Mattress. These comfy numbers come in Singapore, European, Australian and UK sizes so you can take them along on your next posting. Made of certified 100 percent natural latex, they’re cool and breathable, perfect for Singapore’s tropical climate. They have a three-layer adjustable comfortable system allowing you to find your ideal firmness and arrangement. The mattresses also have an organic cotton outer cover that can be removed for washing. Don’t think your purchase is for you? The 100 Night Sleep Trial allows you to return your mattress if you change your mind. The store also offers free delivery, set-up and removal (and recycling) of your old mattress.
Benefits of a Willow:
- Natural latex is anti-dust mite and mould resistant. It’s also hypoallergenic and free from toxins.
- The mattresses are long lasting and durable as latex is innately hardwearing; they’re also rigorously tested and have a 15-year warranty.
Danish Design Co
Scandinavian furniture store Danish Design Co carries luxury bedding and accessories from Swedish brand Duxiana. The store carries several of the brand’s models including the DUX 1001, DUX 3003 and DUX 8008. Many of these offer the patented DUX pascal system that has six interchangeable spring cassettes that allow you and your partner to individually customise your side of the bed for optimal support and comfort. All Dux Beds feature Swedish steel springs and have nearly twice as many springs as an ordinary bed. This offers better contouring for the body, reducing pressure points and improving circulation. They’re also highly customisable and customers can choose from various European bed sizes. Some models include an adjustable lumbar support too.
Benefits of the DUX:
- Studies by the Karolinska Institute show that DUX users not only reach the deep-sleep stage faster, but they remain there longer. This is beneficial for muscle healing and repair.
- The continuous coil system in the mattress contours and dynamically adjusts to body shapes and movements, offering flexibility and support.
dormiente’s range of organic natural latex mattresses for babies and children, and orthopaedic back care mattresses for adults is handcrafted in Germany using certified organic materials that are anti-allergic and free from formaldehyde, pesticides and fertiliser. They come in different firmness levels – soft, medium, firm and extra firm – and in Singapore and European standard sizes. Great for little ones, the breathable Natural Kids Frederic Mattress is made of 100 percent organic latex and cotton. Meanwhile, for those with back pain, the Natural Classic Orthoform Mattress comes in female and male versions, each offering different areas of support to ensure body and spinal alignment – they come recommended by the German Association of Back Posture Trainers.
Caring for your mattress:
- Rotate it every six months to help to even out wear and improve hygiene.
- Place a mattress protector on top of your mattress to keep it clean and free from stains.
Read more in our Homes section!