E-scooters may be banned from sidewalks in Singapore, but you can still have some fun with a traditional kick scooter! If you’re not sure where to buy scooters for adults, check out White and Black Trading. You can easily order online from this outdoor sports store and have everything delivered straight to your doorstep. There’s a wide range of scooters and accessories on offer, including safety equipment like helmets, lights and bells. (PS: There’s free delivery for orders above $100!)
From picking up groceries and taking away food to getting a quick workout, here are some cool rides to check out.
#1 Micro Urban
How much? $355
This foldable scooter is great for use in a city environment. With an ergonomic design, it has a wide T-bar and large wheels with front suspension for a smooth and comfy ride. It also includes safety features such as a tube light and reflectors on its brakes, which will come in useful during night rides.
#2 Micro Downtown
How much: $345
Great for daily use, this practical ride can be folded up in seconds with the touch of your foot. It’s compact and not too heavy (6kg) so you can easily take it along on the bus or MRT. Coming with a wide handlebar and handbrake, this lightweight scooter also has a wide deck and large wheels for a comfortable ride on all sorts of surfaces.
#3 Micro Speed
How much? $235
Expect a smooth ride on this foldable scooter that comes with shock-absorbing wheels with silicon-bedded ball bearings. It’s also great for teens (ages 12 and up) who have outgrown their kiddie scooters. Get it in mint, black, silver or grey.
#4 Micro Monster Kickboard
How much? $395
Want to get around in style? This scooter is sure to get you noticed! Coming in a black frame with a red and white tribal design, it has a wide wooden deck and three super-sized wheels like the Micro Rocket. It can take up to 100 kilograms and has an interchangeable joystick and T-bar.
#5 Micro Kickboard Original
How much? $295 (originally $395)
This three-wheeler comes with a flexible deck made of fibreglass and wood, making it stable for curving and carving. It also has a foldable and interchangeable T-bar so you can change between pilot steering and T-bar steering whenever you wish.
5 ways to keep your scooter in good shape
- Keep it clean by wiping it with a wet cloth after each ride to remove debris and dust.
- Ensure that the brakes are working well and replace parts such as the brake cables and pads if there is wear and tear.
- Store your scooter indoors in a cool and dry place as extended exposure to sunlight and heat can wear down its components more quickly.
- Look out for loose parts such as bolts, handles or wheels.
- If you face an issue you can’t solve on your own, get professional advice. White & Black Trading’s Micro repair centre has scooter technicians who can help you out (services will go back to normal after the circuit breaker).