Whatever the occasion, the rule is: dress to impress! Living in Singapore means that you will have opportunities to go to black tie balls, bubbly brunches and cocktail hour events. If you already have some on the horizon, or perhaps a wedding to attend, we want you to look fab so here are some pieces the EL fashion team is loving right now.
Summertime weddings are the perfect excuse to wear pretty florals. Lift your outfit further with cute accessories to match.
1. Dress, H&M Conscious Collection, $249
2. Dress, Topshop, $206
3. Earrings, Monica Vinader, $260
4. Clutch bag, HUX the Label, $108, huxthelabel.com
5. Black heeled sandals, Marks & Spencer, $69.90
If you are looking for an accessory that helps protect your shoes and still looks good, you could try Clean Heels. They protect shoes from scuffs with a nifty attachment called a heel-stopper. It prevents heels from sinking into soft surfaces or getting caught in wooden decking. Perfect for outside events such as weddings, the races or polo. We wish we’d discovered them sooner!
These fabulous Heel Stoppers are made of rubber and come in an array of styles, from classic black and white options, they can be decorated with flower details and even crystals (good for weddings).
The flexible soft attachment protects your heels from any dirty marks or water splashes during wet weather, and – a big plus point – even helps to stabilise you while walking on uneven surfaces (or perhaps, after a few too many glasses of wine!)
They are available at dees-boutique.com from just $9.
A relaxed maxi-dress or playsuit hides the after-effects of any brunch indulgence, while cute accessories are a great conversation starter.
1. Linen jumpsuit, Zara, $69.90
2. Striped maxi-dress, Dorothy Perkins, $116
3. Ring stack, Lustre, $195
4. Earrings, Cher by Chevonne, $170, available at Willow and Huxley
5. Gold braided sandals, Zara, $45.90
6. Twist-lock bag, Marks & Spencer, $89.90
Black Tie Ball
When you need to pull out the stops, choose a dress below the knee in a cut that shows off your best assets.
1. Ruffle dress, H&M Conscious Collection, $399
2. Grape earrings, Swarovski, $299
3. Oyster and pearl envelope clutch, Desti Saint, $245
4. Lariat necklace, Stones that Rock, $65
5. Polesia heels, Aldo, $180
Don’t want to shell out for a gown you’ll probably wear only once? Rent one instead! Covetella is an easy-to-use online designer dress rental service where you can rent a glamorous gown for a small fraction of the cost of buying. covetella.com
For a night on the town, minimalist glam in neutral shades with edgy accessories will make sure you steal the show.
1. Dress, Zara, $89.90
2. Geometry necklace, Swarovski, $299
3. Clutch, Elyse and I, $359
4. Bracelet, Stones that Rock, $75, stonesthatrock.com
5. Peep-toe boots, The Tui Collection, $280
We’re always on the look out for Stylish ladies too, if you want to be featured in the mag email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more? See our style & beauty section!