By: Rachael Wheeler
With Singapore being so close to hundreds of gorgeous beaches, narrowing down a seaside holiday can get pretty difficult (first-world problems, anyone?). So it’s interesting – and handy – to discover which of our Asian neighbours are home to the whitest sand, the bluest oceans and, er, other lovely beach-related things.
And according to TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Beaches Awards – based on reviews and ratings across the last 12 months – India, Thailand and the Philippines are very much leading the way. China gets a look in, but otherwise the beaches in this trio of countries appear to be the absolute business.
Check out the winners below, and have a flick through all the photos for some serious holiday inspiration above.
Top 10 Beaches in Asia:
1. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
2. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island (Andaman Islands), India
3. Agonda Beach, Agonda, India
4. Secret Lagoon Beach, El Nido, Philippines
5. Nai Harn Beach, Karon, Thailand
6. Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach), Boracay, Philippines
7. Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand
8. Yalong Bay, Sanya, China
9. Cavelossim Beach, Cavelossim, India
10. Phra Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Thailand
Top 10 Beaches in the World:
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Like this? Read more at our travel section.