If you’re looking for something fun and novel to do, how about floating around the heart of Singapore in a “donut”? Starting at only $99 for a family outing, these cute donuts are suitable for all occasions, whether you’re planning a birthday celebration, a meal with friends or a romantic night out. Here are the details.
#1 Comfy seating
Each donut can take up to eight guests at a time. If you’re cruising during the day, a Sunbrella sun-canopy will protect you and your group from the sun.
#2 Gorgeous views
The private cruise will take you around Marina Bay, surrounded by towering skyscrapers and with stunning unblocked views of Marina Bay Sands. As night falls, the boat is also a great spot for catching the light shows (8pm and 9pm).
#3 Wide variety of cruise packages
The cruises are suitable for all ages and various occasions, from outings with family and friends to corporate meals with clients. You have the option of renting a donut for a short trip (with optional food and drinks) or for a full dining experience. If you have something special in mind, you can get the team to customise a cruise to suit your needs.
Packages on offer:
- Family Cruise ($99): Catering for two adults and one to four children (below 13 years), this fun cruising option includes one soft drink per person.
- Marina Bay Hop on Cruise ($23 per person): If you’d just like a short trip (30 minutes), this is the one for you.
- Romantic Cruise ($299 with food and $198 without food): Sip wine with your special someone as you float along Marina Bay. The cruise lasts 90 minutes.
- Celebration Cruise (From $312 for four): Invite up to eight friends to enjoy this two-hour cruise. The company will even provide decorations for the occasion.
- Marina Cruise (minimum four adults): Guests on this cruise will receive one soft drink per person ($29 per person for 30 minutes; $45 for an hour).
- Singapore Sling Cruise: Enjoy Singapore’s signature cocktail on this cruise ($35 for 30 minutes; $52 for an hour).
- Karaoke on the Bay Cruise: Sing your lungs out as you cruise along the bay!
#4 Yummy food
You can enjoy tasty eats from Monti during your private cruise, with a variety of yummy dishes on offer, including a cold cut platter, tapas and various à la carte options. The signature dish is the seafood platter, which comes loaded with clams, mussels and prawns. Also, keep hydrated with a variety of drinks, including soft drinks, beers, wines and champagne.
#5 Safety first!
Designed and manufactured in Germany, each boat has been tested and approved. Besides having a certified captain on board, the boat has all required safety equipment on hand, such as life vests for all guests, including children, and a mobile phone for communicating during emergencies.
You’ll also be glad to know that the company has an environmentally-friendly focus, causing no damage or pollution during operations. It also makes use of reusable cutlery and crockery, ensuring no rubbish goes overboard and maintaining a no-smoking policy.
#6 Easy to book
All bookings can be made online. Just select the cruise package, number of people, duration and day and time. After making payment, you’ll be able to add on food options if you wish.
Floating Donut Company in cooperation with Water B
Looking for more things to do in Singapore?
Things to do this week
Where to go camping in Singapore