Eggless Beetroot Milo Brownies, by Gayathri Saravanan.
“These eggless beetroot Milo brownies are moist and fudgy. As Milo is Singapore’s favourite drink, I added it here for a delicious local twist. Most of my cooking is based on my Amma’s (mother’s) style.”
Makes: 12 squares
400 grams beetroot
100 grams softened unsalted butter
1/3 cup milk
200 grams confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon Hershey’s chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
125 grams flour, sifted
100 grams Milo powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Wash the beetroots, microwave them for 10 minutes, let them cool, then peel off the outer skin. Puree in a processor.
3. Mix the vanilla essence, chocolate syrup, sugar, beetroot purée, softened butter and milk. Now gently fold these into the flour and baking powder.
4. Pour into a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, being careful not to overcook – the brownies should remain fudgy. If in doubt, undercook them.
5. Serve sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar.
Be Part of The Great Recipe Swap!
If you have a fail-safe recipe you’d like to submit for our next issue, please send the recipe, a photo of yourself and a few words about your dish to email@example.com. Thanks, Chef!
Plus! If we publish your recipe in our magazine, you’ll be adding a great cookbook to your bookshelf.