A serve of fish is one of the best choices you can make for a meal – protein rich, yet low in calories. New Zealand salmon is known around the world for its quality and flavour. This herby baked salmon recipe uses this top quality ingredient for a fast and healthy meal.
“I love this recipe because it’s simple, fast and nutritious. It takes no more than 20 minutes to prepare, and showcases our superb quality New Zealand salmon to perfection.” – Sasha Conla, Founder of Sasha’s Fine Foods
• 2 to 4 fillets of Mount Cook Alpine New Zealand salmon
• 1 bunch of asparagus, tails trimmed
• 1 small lemon cut into fine rings for garnish
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper Ingredients for lemon garlic herb butter
• 2 to 3 teaspoons softened butter
• 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius; put oven rack on top third shelf. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, trimming the paper to just fit.
2. Put the salmon fillets side by side on lined baking pan, and arrange trimmed asparagus on the sides of the salmon. Drizzle asparagus lightly with olive oil and roll to coat. Sprinkle both asparagus and salmon with salt and pepper.
3. In a bowl, use a fork to mash together all herb butter ingredients (you can also use a food processor).
4. Spread most of the butter over the salmon and dab the remaining butter mix over the asparagus. Place a slice of lemon over each piece of salmon and bake uncovered at 200 degrees Celsius for ten minutes (a thinner fillet will take eight minutes, while larger fillets take up to ten).
5. For the last two to three minutes, switch the oven to grill mode and bake for a final golden glow!
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish
Like this? Read more at our Wine & Dine section!