A stay in a serviced apartment brings with it plenty of benefits – well-appointed rooms with plenty of space including your own kitchen to cook in, and facilities and amenities to take advantage of. But it’s not just what’s on the inside that counts. Here is a look at two centrally located serviced apartments in Singapore and what’s on offer in their immediate vicinity.
What to do
- Make some Instagram magic by taking photos of local street art, including the wall murals along Haji Lane.
- Explore Kampong Glam and visit the Masjid Sultan Mosque on Arab Street.
- There are plenty of watering holes in the area, but one that’s not-to-be-missed is Blu Jaz Café.
- Historic movie theatre The Projector is a cinema with a difference, screening plenty of films that you can’t see in mainstream theatres.
- Dine in the dark at Nox – though maybe not on a first date!
- There’s always a new café to try, and three recent additions are Hokkaido Ice Cream Puff, A.R.C. Coffee, and Artistry. But don’t forget established favourites like the Dong Po Colonial Café, an old-school bakery serving up classics like pineapple tarts and homemade zesty lemon curd.
Where to stay
Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road
There’s a warm touch to the spacious suites in this property; each one features modern fittings and sleek furnishings, with well-appointed spaces for work and rest. The long- and short-term residents have access to premium facilities and services, too, from a rooftop swimming pool with stunning views to a fitness centre, and 24-hour Personal Assistants to help with all your needs.
What to do (aside from shopping!)
- From brunching at Oriole Coffee + Bar, to having one of the best steaks in town at Bedrock Bar & Grill, you’re spoilt for dining choices on Orchard.
- Hunting for a couple of exercise options with a twist? Try BOUNCE Singapore at Cathay Cineleisure or the Via Ferrata Climbing Wall in Orchard Central.
- For something a little more sedate, try “art jamming” at Istana Park.
- Feed that culture bug with a visit to the Singapore Art Museum and the National Museum of Singapore, Istana.
Where to stay
Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard
From a one-bedroom suite to a two- bedroom penthouse, there are plenty of accommodation options here, not to mention a hydrotherapeutic spa, 30-metre ionised swimming pool, OSIM Massage chairs, Xbox Kinect, golf putting green and fitness centre; in fact, you may not want to leave the building, despite all the activities on the doorstep!
Brought to you by
Pan Pacific Serviced Suites
This article first appeared in the July 2017 edition of Expat Living. You can purchase a copy or subscribe so you never miss an issue!